Sign in to follow this  
Angolo Antico

anyone else with parcels going missing in Witpos Hub ?

Angolo Antico

hi guys

I now have 2 high value parcels go missing at the witpos Hub, is anyone else having the same issues with that specific

postal hub?

I am fed-up, my local post office says investigations normally takes between 1-3 months, with no guarantee on outcome, the only guarantee is that my parcels was STOLEN at that hub.

alloway65

I have lost a few items and have had two claims settled, one item I sent and one item I was sent, settlement usually takes about 3 months.

I thought the PO had routed out the culprits at Witpos Hub!

Miss Jewels

I lost 2 parcels in 10 days at Witspos. Their strike was apparently the worst. It would seem they were also making use of an outside company so now no-one can point fingers as to who the culprits are. My parcels were opened, items removed and envelope resealed. Just so ridiculous...

lilythepink

I had luck by sending an email to parceltrack's "contact" service. Here is the email address of the person who tracked my parcel which was just lying around at Witspos for several days. He got it "moving" and I received it two days later.

With his name and email address, try contacting him: Lucky.Chauke@postoffice.co.za

Angolo Antico

thanks lily, will do, maybe, just maybe we will have the same luck :-)

kebs

I actually have it in my terms & conditions that if the parcel has to go through that hub, I highly recommend a courier service rather due to the losses that occur there..

lilythepink

Kebs, do you have a special courier you can recommend to collect a 20 kg package for me in Germiston and deliver to Grahamstown? Please could you PM name and phone number if you do. Tons of thanks in advance.

Bargain Coins

Cape hub and Witspos hub is my danger zone, 9 thefts 2 claims settled and now PO refuse to settle claims as it was coins in post, Got lawyer to request the claims to be settled as insurance was paid regardless the contents as their job is to do shipping not open and help themselves to coin collections.

From now i insure everything either R500 or R1000 even if its a R10 value coin, i stick the contents to the inside of the parcel, so they have to really damage the parcel to get to the contents. i scan the sealed parcel and if needed i lodge claim. My parcels do not need postal sticky tape and if they do then the buyer must not accept that.

Kit W
I lost 2 parcels in 10 days at Witspos. Their strike was apparently the worst. It would seem they were also making use of an outside company so now no-one can point fingers as to who the culprits are. My parcels were opened, items removed and envelope resealed. Just so ridiculous...

I fully agree with your suggestion...but I do not understand why people are sending items, via Witspos, when the world and their wives KNOW that the PO strike has been ongoing for 3 months. Of course items and valuables will go missing due to theft etc.

scan0006.jpg.35a766046f03f9882faae2b24c737e81.jpg

This is what happened here in Randfontein PO just over a week ago!!!!!

Regards to all

scan0005.jpg.20be770e2cbd12debd741ee6c7018d15.jpg

lilythepink

It sounds like you need to wear a bulletproof vest and use armoured cars when trying to visit the Randfontein Post Office! Good grief.

Does no-one have control over the criminals at all anymore?

InfiIT

linetracking.png.3bf5c1503840002ae080ba32bafd2d74.png

Please see attached, mine has been bouncing from witspos to durmail for the last month, any idea what i do for this?

Cali Craft and Gems

The only hassles I've been picking up is the non-delivery of my incoming international parcels! The one parcel was for the matric farewell which is tomorrow night and I ordered the items at the end of MAY to ensure that they would be here in time. Other important parcels include specially requested bead parcels (three), and several other interesting items. Two parcels from the Far East from February and one from March simply never arrived (and the sellers' gave me enough grief about it that I eventually just gave up on even getting a refund)!

I have however also noticed that regular mail (accounts) has been taking a long time to get here too... most days there is just nothing but dust in the PO Box!

alloway65

Re an Excellent Courier...MDS Collivery is fantastic...and insurance up to R5 000.00 only costs R10.00.

wmitchell

Yes I have parcels there as well, i won items and the sellers have sent them and they are there and the sellers are telling me its my problem

DENEL

Three items have gone missing ... and counting. One incoming parcel is missing. Filed missing parcel forms etc, but taking their royal time and naturally nobody takes responsibility.

alloway65

If lost packages were insured the PO usually pays out....but it takes a few months!

bellemodel

Nothing missig but took 15 days to reach Pretoria - Sunnyside

Nothing missig but took 15 days to reach Pretoria - Sunnyside

hi guys

I now have 2 high value parcels go missing at the witpos Hub, is anyone else having the same issues with that specific

postal hub?

I am fed-up, my local post office says investigations normally takes between 1-3 months, with no guarantee on outcome, the only guarantee is that my parcels was STOLEN at that hub.

co_bra

HI,

I received a negative rating today because one of my parcels gone missing in Witspos, my customer stated" ITEM NEVER RECEIVED FROM POST OFFICE - TRACKING NUMBER DOESNT SHOW UP ON SAPO WEBSITE" When I check track and trace this is what show up. :(

[TABLE=class: yiv5344411763table, width: 95%]

[TR]

[TD]TRACKING

LINE

[/TD]

[TD]TYPE

[/TD]

[TD]DATE

[/TD]

[TD]TIME

[/TD]

[TD]BRANCH

[/TD]

[TD]COMMENTS

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]1

[/TD]

[TD]In transit

[/TD]

[TD]2013/04/03

[/TD]

[TD]13:52

[/TD]

[TD]WITSPOS (HUB)

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]2

[/TD]

[TD]In transit

[/TD]

[TD]2013/03/27

[/TD]

[TD]23:46

[/TD]

[TD]DURMAIL (HUB)

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]3

[/TD]

[TD]Item accepted by branch

[/TD]

[TD]2013/03/26

[/TD]

[TD]12:21

[/TD]

[TD]WINKLESPRUIT

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

NooNooBug

I would send them a copy of the Tracking, maybe when they checked they had spaces in the number so it couldn't pick it up. As far as the negative, ask if they would please consider changing it now they see you had posted. Good luck !

voldermort
HI,

I received a negative rating today because one of my parcels gone missing in Witspos, my customer stated" ITEM NEVER RECEIVED FROM POST OFFICE - TRACKING NUMBER DOESNT SHOW UP ON SAPO WEBSITE" When I check track and trace this is what show up. :(

[TABLE=class: yiv5344411763table, width: 95%]

[TR]

[TD]TRACKING

LINE [/TD]

[TD]TYPE[/TD]

[TD]DATE[/TD]

[TD]TIME[/TD]

[TD]BRANCH[/TD]

[TD]COMMENTS[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]1[/TD]

[TD]In transit[/TD]

[TD]2013/04/03[/TD]

[TD]13:52[/TD]

[TD]WITSPOS (HUB)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]2[/TD]

[TD]In transit[/TD]

[TD]2013/03/27[/TD]

[TD]23:46[/TD]

[TD]DURMAIL (HUB)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]3[/TD]

[TD]Item accepted by branch[/TD]

[TD]2013/03/26[/TD]

[TD]12:21[/TD]

[TD]WINKLESPRUIT[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Occasionally tracking numbers DO NOT show on the websites - rather phone the track & trace 0860 111 502 & inquire with them.

meeks
hi guys

postal hub?

I just heard of a Lady who had chocolates sent to her for mother's day (via witspos) and when she got the parcel, "they" were so generous, they left her 2 chocolates to enjoy!!!-the rest was enjoyed by post office staff somewhere...How brazen!!!!!

Maybe some chocolates laced with brooklax or something that has the same effect should be sent via that hub.

Edited by meeks

CAT LADY

WitPos Hub

hi guys

postal hub?

Also had a parcel go astray at the Witpos Hub.A high value insured parcel.Just disappeared into thin air.Very frustrating.

Pickle Bearies

It seems to me that when ever I have a problem it is at the Witpos Hub!!

One of my parcels sat there for a couple of weeks before moving forward.

Wit pos seems to have some issues.

rezizter

Well here is a strange issue.

I have a parcel that shows is still at WITPOS, but actually i have collected it from Bryanston Post office. Seems in this case my package was scanned at WITPOS and they then sent it on, and all other stations did not scan it in.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE=class: style1, width: 0]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Location last scanned: WITSPOS (HUB)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Currently has status of: In transit[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE=class: table, width: 476]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]TRACKING

LINE[/TD]

[TD]TYPE[/TD]

[TD]DATE[/TD]

[TD]TIME[/TD]

[TD]BRANCH[/TD]

[TD]COMMENTS[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]1[/TD]

[TD]In transit[/TD]

[TD]2013/10/10[/TD]

[TD]21:45[/TD]

[TD]WITSPOS (HUB)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]2[/TD]

[TD]In transit[/TD]

[TD]2013/10/10[/TD]

[TD]00:33[/TD]

[TD]TSHWANE (HUB)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]3[/TD]

[TD]Item accepted by branch[/TD]

[TD]2013/10/09[/TD]

[TD]07:54[/TD]

[TD]LAUDIUM[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

But here is my slip from Bryanston Post office dated 14 October 2013, and I can confirm that I received the package

17102013572.jpg.36aaefc78ec6ce7df573ed84f033c971.jpg

In conclusion, if you have a parcel that seems to be "stuck" at witpos, just call in to your local post office (in this case mine was Bryanston) and just check with them if they have not in fact received the package. The Post office tracking system does not seem to be overly reliable.

NooNooBug

In conclusion, if you have a parcel that seems to be "stuck" at witpos, just call in to your local post office (in this case mine was Bryanston) and just check with them if they have not in fact received the package. The Post office tracking system does not seem to be overly reliable.

Yip thats our SAPO, gotta love them ! Don't always scan or update or even send out slips so you have do your own tracking !