Sign in to follow this  
mwgielink

Motlanthe

kennyn

Hi Gabriel 1

Any dealer who is in for the long haul,ie wants a long lasting relationship with clients would never expose themselves to the danger of selling an item such as the PM stamps.At the end of the day they are the only losers.

It is a pity that despite the warnings posted on this site that people continued to pay exhorbitant prices for this item.

To the dealers who sold AND KNEW THAT THE STAMPS WERE GOING TO BE RELEASED,they have to live with their consciences.

To those who had the stamps and refused to sell them,congrats,we will continue to support you and boycott the fly by nights.

Regards

Kenny

Jacques Kuun

Hello all

Coming back to Korrie's post"

Do I presume to much assuming that all the sellers who sold these stamps will all run to their cheque books to refund all the differences between amount paid including postage and insurances taken out?

At least on trader bragged to me on 28 February that he made a quick R20 000-00 out of this debacle. Which means that a couple of buyers lost a quick R18 000-00 by simply buying from this ONE seller!

In my first post on this subject I have said that I would place a bet that people were going to lose money. I will place another bet (a bottle of Lagavulin, KennyN?) that there will be no refunds made.

The wheel always turns and the same story will come up again: “I have invested a lot of money in stamps and now nobody wants to buy themâ€â€¦â€¦.

Thanks and regards

Jacques

kennyn

Hi Jacques

Trust me your Lagavulin is safe.There is no way that any of these fly by nights will refund the suckers who bought from them.

Regards

Kenny

gabriel 1

Hi Guys

I offered 10 sheets at R50 each including free registered post for 3 days. I sold 1 sheet. Being so scarce I thought they would have been snapped up in the first half hour. Perhaps I should have thrown in an extemely rare penny red with no margins as a bonus.

Regards

Gabriel1

Jacques Kuun

Hello Gabriel1

Did you use the words: Scarce, Rare, Unissued, NEW Bible Stamp, etc, etc?

If not, you only have yourself to blame.

There were some PMs up for sale on Friday Snap Auction. As we all know, the PMs were released the day before, yet some sellers still had them on as unissued, scarce etc, etc.

I very seriously feel that I should list the PMs at R20-50 + 5% (BidorBuy commission) as a service to the one or two RSA collectors who do not have this issue yet.

This week’s Wednesday Crazy Auctions have a couple of President Motlanthe Cancelled monstrosities. Is it not amazing how these items (cancelled on a specific pre-release date) are now more common than a week ago? Manafactured / cancelled after-the-fact stamps and FDC’s are worthless and will be blacklisted by all exhibitions held under the auspices of PFSA and FIP. They are novelties. And they should be seen as worthless.

Will people never learn?

Just one month to go and we will all be able to invest in the Zuma stamp.

Regards

Jacques

kennyn

Hi Jacques

Ah,but what tempting possibilities the Zuma stamp will offer.You will be able to get it in such different formats,that when the definitive study is done,it will make War and Peace look like a short story.

For instance you will be able to have;issued day before election;issued on day of election;issued on day of election with scarce Union Buildings handstamp;issued on day of election with rare Cape Town Parliament franking;issued one day after election with extremely scarce Ventersdorp

commerative cancel;issued on FDC with all the previous presidents ,(300 different covers to collect with all the datestamps of their births and deaths

); one of 100 only special cover with Julius Malema handstamp"I love JZ";and the rarest,scarcest,never before seen by us,will be the special commerative raising funds for aids research cover(signed by both Zuma and the previous health minister),with a rare beetroot coloured datestamp,which comes in an unique waterproof folder,to protect when one requires to shower.

Hope you get them all,the future of philately depends on it

Kind Regards

Kenny

seahorsefanatic

Hi Kenny and everyone else

The new Zuma stamps should be designed by or very own brilliant cartoonist " Zapiro " which will no doubt mean that they will be banned and become very scarce, rare, etc. ( Showerhead to be included )

As the official release date for the PM stamps is now known as the 19th March 2009, I am sure that all those postmarked prior will not be recognised and only one day hundred's of years from now will some philatelist somewhere on our planet think he has made a new discovery as far as the date of issue is concerned. His fellow philatelist will the probably ask - where's South Africa ? Motlanthe who ?

Any dealer/seller of this material that stands up and refunds his buyers the difference - well done. The rest - I will boycot and so should everybody else. You are the parasites and leaches of society which need to be exposed. Jacques who is the dealer that made R20,000 ? Is it our seller of maxim cards ?

Jacques Kuun

Hello David

I should not have made the post about the trader who made the R20 000-00. Not on a public forum.

I have decided to break up the last existing SWA Animal Definitive Proofs in complete sheets (currently for sale on BidorBuy).

I should also make a handsome profit on this lot.

And who do I have to thank? Not President Motlanthe, but our Namibian friend President Sam Nujoma. You know that this is the truth!

And I have also made some very good profit out of selling President Mandela Coin Covers. The last Signed cover I handled sold for R7 500-00 right here on BidorBuy! And at the fairs I have sold countless signed President Vorster and PW Botha covers (maximum R40-00 each!).

The only Presidential covers I have never sold is that of President Thabo Mbeki and the unissued President Donges.

So, there must be a moral in the story somewhere.

Regards

Jacques

nivek456

Hi All, I have just got some motlanthe stamps from our small PO here in Newcastle.I am going to use them as they were intended to be used. Yes on Envelopes,So some of my buyers will get the very "scarce" stamp on the envelopes I send.As to the buyers who bought these stamps ask for your money back you won't get it because you have been well and truly Screwed.

Will someone let me know when the stamp fairs and auctions are on in Jo'burg and how to get to them.Thanks Have a great day.

Kevin.(nivek456)

Jacques Kuun

Hello Kevin

Thanks for joining us on the forum.

Gabriel1, KennyN and myself are busy organizing a 2 day exhibition in Boksburg – to be held the end of July. Will post more details asap.

Thanks for spreading the scarce stamp around!

Regards

Jacques