Sign in to follow this  
Pickle Bearies

Please Bob can you do some thing about this?

Pickle Bearies    10
Pickle Bearies

Hi some time ago I started a thread on the forum about a certain seller Michaus, as it turned out this seller has passed away.

He was an excellent seller and had an excellent reputation with his buyers.

I happened to come across his account again today which has been disabled but I notice that he still has all those negatives and bad remarks of buyers not having received their goods. I would just like to know , where these buyers ever informed of the death of the seller? Was bob ever able to refund or pass on the info to the family of Michaus?

I , as a seller, am concerned about this...If I should die suddenly ( which can happen to any of us) will you notify my buyers of this or just allow them to believe that they were cheated? Even if I should die I would still want my clients to receive what they paid for or at least be refunded. I do not expect bob to refund them but at least to make sure that communication remains open with these people.

People are generally very understanding in these cases but they do need to know what is going on.

Any thought on this matter?

wayjen    10
wayjen

Damn good question, what does happen should someone pass away who was a Seller on BoB? How many of our family and or friends know we sell on BoB and who of them will think to contact BoB management to alert them to the fact that we are no longer alive to trade? With regards the ratings, would that really matter as the dead person does not know they have them and if the account is closed no one can buy anyway but the question of refunds still remains. If you remove a "dead persons" account from BoB they are sure to still be on google so it will never go away.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
Hi some time ago I started a thread on the forum about a certain seller Michaus, as it turned out this seller has passed away.

I happened to come across his account again today which has been disabled but I notice that he still has all those negatives and bad remarks of buyers not having received their goods. I would just like to know , where these buyers ever informed of the death of the seller? Was bob ever able to refund or pass on the info to the family of Michaus?

I , as a seller, am concerned about this...If I should die suddenly ( which can happen to any of us) will you notify my buyers of this or just allow them to believe that they were cheated? Even if I should die I would still want my clients to receive what they paid for or at least be refunded. I do not expect bob to refund them but at least to make sure that communication remains open with these people.

People are generally very understanding in these cases but they do need to know what is going on.

Where is seller Michaus?

I Suggested clearing his name already in February. Nothing were done yet!! So sad to.......

voldermort    10
voldermort

People are generally very understanding in these cases but they do need to know what is going on.Any thought on this matter?

Seems to me that a dead person wouldn't really be too concerned about any of this but as regards to BoB intervening/sending the items you sold on your behalf/refunding buyers I'm not sure how they can.

Scenario:

I am an extreme loner, no friends or family, don't go onto the BoB forum or anywhere else for that matter but I am a BoB seller - I sell 5 items, receive payment but before I can post them I die.

The only way then that BoB will realise anything is amiss is when I get 5 negatives but as said, nobody knows me, nobody is missing me & I am a very small seller so I doubt very much that those negatives will even be looked into.....why should they, people probably receive countless negatives daily.

Obviously if all 5 buyers were to phone BoB and complain that I am a thief they may then check my account to see when last it was active, but even if they find my account was last active 6 months ago that will not & can not prove that I am dead.

They can try to phone me & get no reply, still not proving that I am dead.

So how could they possibly just assume that I am dead.....maybe I have decided to go into the mountains on a sabbatical for 2 years & when I return & find out they have been saying I am dead, which I wasn't, I could probably sue them for something or the other?

So then I would imagine the onus would be on me, as an exceptionally unsocial person having no friends, colleagues or family, to make sure I have a document somewhere in my home stating that I am a BoB seller, my bank details, my username etc etc & then it would be up to the curator to take things from there, checking bank details, payments, refunds etc etc .........which can take a very long time & in the case of R20 here & R50 there probably never. All of which I feel almost sure that BoB does not have the legal authority to do as they do not pretend to be banks, lawyers, curators etc.

Happy thoughts for the day, and just when I was feeling a bit better - I now feel decidedly worse & can almost feel this flu galloping towards pneumonia :sad:

Edited by voldermort

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I have an "emergency" list of things my family or husband has to do if in the case I fall ill or pass away unexpectedly. This list includes all the pin numbers and passwords to my various "things", who to contact for what policies, etc. and most importantly BoB / Cuan's contact number.

One always has certain responsibilities to 'take care of' whether you are alive or dead - and to notify BoB is on the same lines as if I had an employer.

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

Michaus had 100% ratings before he died and having spoken to him

a few times on the phone he was a real gentleman.

On a lighter note if I died hubby would not know whether he was Authur or Martha.

voldermort    10
voldermort
Michaus had 100% ratings before he died and having spoken to him

a few times on the phone he was a real gentleman.On a lighter note if I died hubby would not know whether he was Authur or Martha.

I agree he was a very nice person, both as a buyer & as a seller but seriously, I doubt that the negatives he has are worrying him at all right now.

On a lighter note, has your hubby written a book?

voldermort    10
voldermort
I have an "emergency" list of things my family or husband has to do if in the case I fall ill or pass away unexpectedly. This list includes all the pin numbers and passwords to my various "things", who to contact for what policies, etc. and most importantly BoB / Cuan's contact number.

One always has certain responsibilities to 'take care of' whether you are alive or dead - and to notify BoB is on the same lines as if I had an employer.

Exactly, if you want to sell you need to take responsibility for yourself (inform somebody of anything you deem important) and cannot expect BoB to be your executor in the event of your demise - unless of course you have stated this in your will, in which case when asked to be I think they would probably refuse.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems
... I died hubby would not know whether he was Authur or Martha.

I think, or I should say I know, my hubby would be absolutely lost without me... he even phones me at the shop to ask what ingredients go into xyz, what spice goes on what, etc. I must admit though that he is my heaven-sent angel because he puts up with all my nonsense and late nights, and still goes on to bring me coffee in bed every morning, helps me out in the shop and online, and does all the housework and cooking... (granted not the way I would do it, but it's one less responsibility off my plate).

I really miss him at the moment though because he is in PE for the week... I'm lost without him! (house is too quiet...)

geewhizz    20
geewhizz
I agree he was a very nice person, both as a buyer & as a seller but seriously, I doubt that the negatives he has are worrying him at all right now.

On a lighter note, has your hubby written a book?

Hubby could probably write a book but then so could I

P.S. Especially about a certain market LOL

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
Happy thoughts for the day, and just when I was feeling a bit better - I now feel decidedly worse & can almost feel this flu galloping towards pneumonia :sad:

Please take care Voldermort! This is a nasty flu and pneumonia is just the PITS! Been there done that - you do NOT want it.

qball    10
qball

If any of the buyers contacted us we have informed them of the death of the seller and provided them with details of someone they can contact. We also do not respond to negative ratings. We were contacted by the family and removed all the open items and disabled the account. Unfortunately that is where our responsibility ends. It is sad to hear about the Seller's passing, as he was a long time member and valued seller.

Pickle Bearies    10
Pickle Bearies

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Yes I suppose it the responsibility of the buyer to contact bob and find out what is going on. I am surprised at how many people don't follow up on not receiving their goods.

Thanks for the reply. I suppose we should all just make sure our side remains in order at all times , should some thing happen , a friend can quickly jump in and notify the correct people.