Sign in to follow this  
electronics4less

Taking shill bidding to the extreme

electronics4less    10
electronics4less
lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Send a PM to Admin! That might get a quicker response.

mellowred    10
mellowred

LOL ... sorry electronics for less ... I thought there were two shill possible bidders until I saw your ID on the forum :cheesy:.

The "other" bidder only registered on the 31st, she has a passion for electronics as well as paintings.

admin    0
admin

Thank you electronics4less. Bidder blacklisted, items closed and seller warned.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Admin on the ball again~

admin    0
admin
It seems that this user has another new account?:confused:

Items for sale from moolman76 on bidorbuy.co.za

Hi Digitrade,

The accounts are linked, but do not belong to the same person. The mmoolman75 account is restricted to buying only. I will let UB40 explain the rest :twisted:

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Digitrade I think you mixed up the 75 and 76?

admin    0
admin
Am I missing something?

Items recently sold by mmoolman75 on bidorbuy.co.za

I just thought something fishy was going on. But if you guys are happy, I am happy.:awesome:

First post made on the 3rd of June, account restricted on the 3rd of June, last sale on the 28th May :confused:

Digitrade    10
Digitrade
Digitrade I think you mixed up the 75 and 76?

Nope. 75 sold 18 items. Only 3 positive ratings thus far.

76 has EXACTLY the same items for sale. 76 currently have 35 high valued items for sale / on auction.

75 was obviously restricted for a reason not known to me.:confused:

So, if the accounts do not belong to the same person, how did 76 get it right to sell ALL the same items with the same listings as 75?

admin    0
admin

75 and 76 are related, docs checked out.

Digitrade    10
Digitrade
75 and 76 are related, docs checked out.

Thank you Sir. All sorted then.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Two shillings in one day...

Have just experienced a fascinating little shilling episode...

I bid on a phone on this week's Crazy Wednesday, knowing full well that I might not win it (I set my limit at R701 - at a point when the next highest was around R400) - but hoping for a bit of a bargain. Well, blow me down when someone from the same little town as the trader came along and pumped up my bid to R700. Since the bidder had 1 rating (that being from the trader in question AND for the same phone!!) - warning bells jangling - I reported the matter to Community Watch.

The TRADER responded fast - and the shillbidder was removed with the reason given as "The bid price is unrealistically high compared to the previous bid.". :confused: :whistling: hah hah hah hah hah hah!

All good and well, but within a few hours, my bid was again pumped up, and I was outbid - this time by someone from King Williams Town (close to Alice, the town in which the trader lives). Suspicious old me, I again alerted CW and within minutes the bidder had been removed. Darned if I forgot to make a note of the bidder's name - but they have presumably also been blacklisted.

G@tvol, I wrote to the trader in the "send a message to the trader" section as follows:

Q: Please removed (sic :oops:) my bid from this item. I have watched (and reported) two shillbidding attempts in the past day and have no wish to support you in any way.

Please note that Community Watch will also be sent a copy of this message and requested to delete my bid if you fail to do so. - Asked by MsPlod (966 rating4.gif) 05 Sep 19:22

The trader's response,,,

A: hey, I don't know where the problem is and what i have done wrong. Check my rating and see, i have never received a negative rating. You complained about the buyer with the username Chikmak in the morning and due to my desire for customer care I deleted him. I don't know if I did something wrong by deleting him. The second buyer was deleted by the bidorbuy automatically I don't know for what reason. Please if you have seen that the item I'm selling is not genuine or anything about my products that you do not approve or that bidorbuy do not approve, advise me. I can't see the crime I committed. So if you want me to delete your bid I will as pleased, I'm sorry if there is anything I did to you unknowingly. Thanks

05 Sep 19:56

THANK YOU Community Watch!!

LOL!! - buyers beware - if something seems fishy it may just be fish, but it could also be a wolf...:ninja: