Sign in to follow this  
jphotography

Namibian truck driver scam

wayjen

Good police work would use a google search article to put two and two together and have the man arrested.

Mad about Jack

Just called me again.

wayjen
Just called me again.

You must be on his speed dial.

Mad about Jack

Put it this way, between the Nigerian scammers (2 calls and 1 email last night) and this idjit, it keeps me on my toes. I was contacted by 5 different Nigerian fellas on Monday alone, this was telephone calls, not to mention the emails and sms's.

I quote from one of the emails from Pharrel Miles, note the single line type response :

where are you located and tell me more about it.what the price you give it away.

kyle2

I sell stuff through other facilities as well, the scammers seem to be latched onto junkmail at the moment, I clearly state the condition of the item as brand new, and at the bottom is a comment about scammers beware.

I get a mail with this gem "What is the present condition of this item...does it have any fault..?" from a Perpetua Goncalves at a gmail account.

I have come to the conclusion, if it has a gmail account with an exotic or weird name, its a scammer.

Mad about Jack

Also besides the exotic, very English names as surnames, ie: David James or Miles David to mention a few. If they actually phone you it sounds like a train station at peak hour in the back ground.

wayjen
Also besides the exotic, very English names as surnames, ie: David James or Miles David to mention a few. If they actually phone you it sounds like a train station at peak hour in the back ground.

Or the Call Centre at Scammers Are Us.

kyle2
Or the Call Centre at Scammers Are Us.

Called one of these fruits back on the sms number, got through to what actually did sound like a call centre, oddly enough.

lilythepink

Fruits? I think, rather, rotten eggs!

Mad about Jack

Phoned me, again. Once on Thursday and again yesterday.

lilythepink
Phoned me, again. Once on Thursday and again yesterday.

We must have something special! Got another call this afternoon! Wish we didn't have our home number in the Telkom directory!

Nico4ie

Thank You for your warning on Namibian Truck Driver Scam. We Where nearly caught in this yesterday. Same story as with yours, only I looked on the web for any scams regarding this and lucky for us your post saved us from either being injured or scamed. He gave his name as Elvis This time. When he phoned my husband back needless to sy , my husband was very upset and told him that everybody is onto him and the it is all over the net. Thank you again for your post warning everybody.

Just Beachin

Don't you think he will just change his name now?

jphotography

And after 6 years I see on Carte Blance these crooks were caught. Amazing that it took 6 years!!! 

I am glad they were caught