Sign in to follow this  
DestinysAngels

My Special Little Girl ~ Shelley

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3407[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]3408[/ATTACH]

My Special Little Girl ~ Shelley

I lost a special little girl exactly one year ago today, the kind you just cannot replace and looking at her empty bed I still can see her little face!

I see the endless energy, the sparkling puppy eyes, not the tired, fragile little girl which I had to bid goodbye!

I know you are in a special place which our Dear Lord has prepared for such Angelic Beings, where meadows, fields and flowers help make them strong and whole again and until we meet up again!

I remember how you used to run up to me to sit on my foot, that is where you felt most comfortable at and how your ears would perk right up when you heard me call your name or just even by hearing my voice!

But as those precious years went by and we both aged and grew together, I'd find you often slowing down due to aches and pains, itches and scratches, still we had so much to do together!

That day stands out in my mind, you would always find me somehow where-ever i may have been, you followed me everywhere, you won numerous prizes and awards and i will never forget how much i was offered for you and i never had a doubt in my mind to let you go ever!

You were the little girl who got me through my daddy's passing, you were the little girl who got me interested in fixing and helping all sentient beings have a voice!

You did your guard dog duty well, although you were a mere dot yourself, always got your way and certainly owned me and not me you, each time the doorbell rang, strangers surely could not see my gentle little girl ~ behind those brave exterior!

I started noticing in the recent times your ears were not as sharp as it used to be, your one eye went blind, suddenly things went wrong quicker than expected, where is my running ball of fur, the years have shown their mark, yet you were only 7 years old, so very young, it was said to be Genetically Based and all that i could do was to make you comfortable and give you all the love possible!

You were sleeping next to me, was this your special clue, because you felt the end was near and i could see that clearly, I only wish I knew how to ease your pain a bit more than i did!

My Shelley was a special little dog which gave her best, but as I looked deep into her eyes I knew it was time, time for her to rest, but i just could not do it, i left you to rest your head in my arms and slowly you just stopped breathing!

It was truly a struggle, I did not know how to face each day, I had to let her go ~ I know, but in my heart she will always stay!

I know she's watching over me, she will be with me when I cry and when i am sad or when i do not know how to carry on ~ So with one last kiss on her little tiny head I told my Shelley Dog Fare-Well and not Good-Buy ~ Until we meet again!

Your Momma Forever!

Written by Mari'

Edited by DestinysAngels
Correction!

alloway65    10
alloway65

Sympathies.

Every time we loose one of our precious Dogs, usually of old age thank goodness and we go to "replace" the departed, my wife says why do we go through the same anguish again and again knowing sometime in the future the inevitable will happen!!!! I just say our lives would have a partial vacuum and be incomplete if we did not do so. Dogs are an integral part of our lives and always will be.

However we now get our dogs from the SPCA or an animal shelter.

The only concession I have made is we now only have two large dogs instead of the usual three.....just in case we downsize.

mellowred    10
mellowred

Ai Mari, my heart goes out to you, and I do fully understand the pain.

My cat Turtle was killed more than 10 years ago. I still think of him often, he really was my baby. Being blessed with his company for 7 years was very special. Some pets just creep into your heart and never leave. Little Mona was also a special baby, and even though I love these two little ones, they do not fill the gap that Mona left.

I agree alloway, in my case it's cats. The home doesn't feel right with no little furballs.

Mari, my sympathies and thank you for the lovely post. I've had a well needed cry.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I have you very close today, Mari! I know how the ache returns whenever one thinks of such a loved pet who has gone to higher places! Blessings.

alloway65    10
alloway65

Hi mellowred, We have also had cats in the past, many moons ago, the last one we had lived until he was 18!:sad:

dstorm    10
dstorm
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3407[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]3408[/ATTACH]

you were the little girl who got me interested in fixing and helping all sentient beings have a voice!

Hello DA

My very sincerest sympathy.

Jacques