Sign in to follow this  
mrmouse

BoB error messages

mrmouse

[h=1]Error[/h] [h=3]We are sorry - an error occurred, let's try and resolve it![/h] Error Message: The value is not a valid date

[h=3]Need more help?[/h]Why does this pop up whenever I try and follow saved searches links , its been happening for ages now .

MiemsJewels
Error

We are sorry - an error occurred, let's try and resolve it!

Error Message: The value is not a valid date

Need more help?

Why does this pop up whenever I try and follow saved searches links , its been happening for ages now .

Dón't you need to clear your cache?

mrmouse

been done , its only when following an emailed link

MiemsJewels

mmmmm, for that we need some assistance from Mac!

AuctionH

Hi there,

It seems like your browser/mail client is picking up half the date.....

e.g. "http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/tradesearch/SavedTradeSearchForm.jsp?SavedTradeSearch_SavedTradeSearchId=132030&OpenedFrom=2012-05-28#"

vs

"http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/tradesearch/SavedTradeSearchForm.jsp?SavedTradeSearch_SavedTradeSearchId=132030&OpenedFrom=2012-05-28%2004:36:14"

We have added code to prevent the error and set the date as correctly as possible e.g. based on the search frequency it will now create a date now and subtract the frequency it sends it in e.g. if its weekly to set the date to a week ago and find all those listings since....

Hope this solves your problem.

Edited by AuctionH

mrmouse

Cool makes sense , thanks .

AuctionH

Welcome, thanks for telling us about it.

militiamann

Hi

I recently had a problem buying some BoB bucks.

Went through the order web pages with no real problem until I got to the page where I enter my credit card details in order to pay. I filled in all the fields and pressed the submit button. The system came back with an error message something like "incomplete date entered" or some such.

I checked all the fields, they were all filled in.

I re-entered various fields and re-submitted the request. Did various permutations of this 7 times ! It appeared as if the attempts to enter the card's data was being foiled by an error reading that page. Very frustrating.

I discovered that the problem was my bank (in Australia) blocking the transaction. I rang them and had the block lifted. I tried the page again and it worked.

It appears that Bob saw 7 x failed attempts to use a credit card and scrutinised my transaction and identity. Causing me much problems. BoB staff tell me that the amount on the transaction (although not large) was enough to trigger an Identity check request anyway.

So, can you fix the error message on this type of incident to reflect the true cause of the problem?

It will prevent BoB getting irrate E-mails blaming their web page. It will also stop (maybe) customers making many, multiple attempts as they will now know that this is not just a local (front end) appliication having issues, but a bank declining an actual money request.

Regards

Dennis

militiamann

Hi

Has this thread been abandoned, oris it still active?

Maybe I should post it in the "BoB sucks" thread.

Regards

Dennis