Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

Don't you just hate it when...

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I've been watching a particular listing for weeks... desperately wanted this particular item and was making every plan in the book as to be able to pay for it (or at least the maximum price I was prepared to pay).

Put it on the watch list (email came through early this morning), and have been thinking of it all day. Even set my cellphone alarm for an hour before the listing closed so I would not miss it.

Alarm goes off, phone rings, chatting with visitors, say goodbye to visitors, chat with hubby about the day, and get back to the computer... only to realise the listing had just closed (less than a minute) and I missed the auction!

The listing closed with the last bid being from this morning, and R1000 lower than what I was prepared to pay. Now I'm sommer dikbek! :(

(and the final selling price was about half of what these things usually go for which makes me even more unhappy!)

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
I've been watching a particular listing for weeks... desperately wanted this particular item and was making every plan in the book as to be able to pay for it (or at least the maximum price I was prepared to pay).

Put it on the watch list (email came through early this morning), and have been thinking of it all day. Even set my cellphone alarm for an hour before the listing closed so I would not miss it.

Alarm goes off, phone rings, chatting with visitors, say goodbye to visitors, chat with hubby about the day, and get back to the computer... only to realise the listing had just closed (less than a minute) and I missed the auction!

The listing closed with the last bid being from this morning, and R1000 lower than what I was prepared to pay. Now I'm sommer dikbek! :(

(and the final selling price was about half of what these things usually go for which makes me even more unhappy!)

Happens to me often. Probably will again tonight because I am sat ! No way am I waiting for

closings at 23.45. I set my bids and goodnight.

gypseygirl    10
gypseygirl

why didn't you just put in the maximum from the start.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

When it comes to a special collectors item, there is always someone else who is going to outbid you at the last moment - I was hoping to be "that" person tonight but failed miserably!

There are just certain items that you do not bid on until just before closing. If you put in your maximum too early, you will not get the item - guaranteed! (and proven time and time again)

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
When it comes to a special collectors item, there is always someone else who is going to outbid you at the last moment - I was hoping to be "that" person tonight but failed miserably!

There are just certain items that you do not bid on until just before closing. If you put in your maximum too early, you will not get the item - guaranteed! (and proven time and time again)

I got lucky with 2 out of 3 items which closed while I was fast asleep. I have been

trying to complete 2 washbasin sets for about a year and finally they are now complete.

On the same night nogal.

kyle2    10
kyle2

Sometimes Sniper bidding bites you in the Bum, sometimes you get a huge bargain, the name of the game.:cool:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Sometimes Sniper bidding bites you in the Bum, sometimes you get a huge bargain, the name of the game.:cool:

Sniper bidding. Now that is a nice term - very apt. I have been ambushed a few times,

taken calculated risks that go pear-shaped and watched other bidders squirm when I

ambush them. Lekker fun. And I never bid against "discreet" bidders.

That somehow just spoils the fun.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

You naughty you, Jongleur!

svw    10
svw
Sniper bidding. Now that is a nice term - very apt. I have been ambushed a few times,

taken calculated risks that go pear-shaped and watched other bidders squirm when I

ambush them. Lekker fun. And I never bid against "discreet" bidders.

That somehow just spoils the fun.

Agree - I love putting stuff on my watchlist then going in at the death BUT there is nothing worse when your internet connection takes a dip and the page won't refresh fast enough - fortunately the router sits on my desk so I usually end up unplugging everyone else much to their disgust..............

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Agree - I love putting stuff on my watchlist then going in at the death BUT there is nothing worse when your internet connection takes a dip and the page won't refresh fast enough - fortunately the router sits on my desk so I usually end up unplugging everyone else much to their disgust..............

When you cant refresh is the worst part. That button should be next to the clock counting down.

Bob fights with me when I tell them something is wrong because weird things start happening like

auctions shutting early as the auction nears the end. Or you must have a higher maximum bid. I

would like to see extended bidding on all auctions.