Sign in to follow this  
Jessdz811

Birth Stories

Jessdz811    10
Jessdz811

Hey mom's,

So I thought I would start this thread for all of the funny stories out there, about when you were born or gave birth. Like when my mother gave birth to me, after 16 hours of labour, my father turned to her and said, "See, that wasn't so bad":amazed:. Needless to say, my mother was not very impressed and may have let a few bad words slip. :push:

So, what is your story?

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

My Dad was chuffed 'cause I was born just in time for him to slip away from work during tea-time to give Mom a cuddle and me a look at.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

When I was being 'wheeled' up the elevator to the maternity floor with my first son, hubby and two nuns and the nurse behind the wheelchair were in the elvator with me. Mind now, this was a Catholic hospital...the only hospital within 50-miles. I looked up at hubby-dearest and, with the most serious look on my face, asked, "Can we get married now?"

The look that passed between the pressed-lipped nuns was priceless (as well as the deep red that traveled from hubby-kin's neck up to past his eyebrows).

Ruthie

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

My mother apparently started early labour with me on the Tuesday afternoon - she was so naive that she did not realise that I was coming more than a month early! She carried on as "normal" as she could and eventually went to the doctor on Saturday afternoon - after a morning of shopping at Garlicks with her sister - going from one chair to another in agony (surely by then you should know something is up!).

The doc checked her out and said all was "ok", to get to bed and rest - this was too 'early' in any case. Doc was not available for the rest of the night as he was attending an important function. A few hours later my Dad eventually dragged my mom to the maternity ward where it was declared she was in full labour. The doctor was called away from his function, and I was eventually still-born at 00h25 Sunday morning.

Apparently later on the Sunday my mom was wondering where my dad was and why he was not at the hospital - apparently he and his folks (and stacks of friends) all got together for a fat party - when my mom later discovered about this all hell let loose (as only mom knows how to do best!).

As my mom was 20 when I was born (and a very young looking 20 at that too), right from the start people mistook us for sisters - right up until today! The guys who helped with my mom's move to ODN (finally done today) asked if us sisters were looking after "mom" (aka gran). I teased mom by saying that she is either holding her age very well, or I'm starting to look too darn old! LOL

wayjen    10
wayjen
My mother apparently started early labour with me on the Tuesday afternoon - she was so naive that she did not realise that I was coming more than a month early! She carried on as "normal" as she could and eventually went to the doctor on Saturday afternoon - after a morning of shopping at Garlicks with her sister - going from one chair to another in agony (surely by then you should know something is up!).

The doc checked her out and said all was "ok", to get to bed and rest - this was too 'early' in any case. Doc was not available for the rest of the night as he was attending an important function. A few hours later my Dad eventually dragged my mom to the maternity ward where it was declared she was in full labour. The doctor was called away from his function, and I was eventually still-born at 00h25 Sunday morning.

Apparently later on the Sunday my mom was wondering where my dad was and why he was not at the hospital - apparently he and his folks (and stacks of friends) all got together for a fat party - when my mom later discovered about this all hell let loose (as only mom knows how to do best!).

As my mom was 20 when I was born (and a very young looking 20 at that too), right from the start people mistook us for sisters - right up until today! The guys who helped with my mom's move to ODN (finally done today) asked if us sisters were looking after "mom" (aka gran). I teased mom by saying that she is either holding her age very well, or I'm starting to look too darn old! LOL

I smell fishy-paste!!!

voldermort    10
voldermort
I smell fishy-paste!!!

are you hungry Wayne? :weeabooface:

maybe she means she wasn't vigorously shouting & screaming but more on the quiet side :confused:

wayjen    10
wayjen
are you hungry Wayne? :weeabooface:

maybe she means she wasn't vigorously shouting & screaming but more on the quiet side :confused:

more like the DEAD side.

voldermort    10
voldermort
more like the DEAD side.

Ooohhhh I love ghosts & all - whoddathought :awesome:

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Honest - I was six weeks premature and still-born - apparently I "faded" at the birth after the long labour... but thanks to the perseverance of the doc on hand, I'm here today!

Not as bad as my gran's last pregancy though - miscarried, thought it was a singleton, and delivered his twin a few months later - my uncle was about 10 to 12 weeks premature and my gran never realised she was still preg! Although sickly to this day, he survived. His son in turn was also prem (mother insisted on pushing furniture around as they'd just moved) and he was about 2 months prem - so small that his head was about the size of a tennis ball.

Some pretty amazing stories through our family... and not forgetting the family christening robe which was 112 years old already when the above-mentioned cousin was christened in 1988! (which makes the robe around 136 years old!)

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

When my youngest daughter were born, my husband had the labour pains. Right after my only son were born, he peed in the sisters face!

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
Honest - I was six weeks premature and still-born - apparently I "faded" at the birth after the long labour... but thanks to the perseverance of the doc on hand, I'm here today!

Phew CCG - glad you cleared that up! The "still-born" bit put a complete shiver down my spine. Thought there was something you weren't telling us all these years LOL!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
When my youngest daughter were born, my husband had the labour pains. Right after my only son were born, he peed in the sisters face!

Oh dear, Miems. I am so tired and reading your post I wondered how your husband managed to pee in the sister;s face - then I realised what you meant. Thanks for the chuckle!

jphotography    10
jphotography

With my eldest son, I was in labour and did not even know it, as he was born 12 weeks prem. I went to the hospital walked the stairs to the first floor, told the sisters that I have terrible back pain.

When they checked the child was crowning already and because of they had to deliver this child as quickly as possible. 20 minutes later he was born with a 2kg weight.

The Dr said to me, that if I should have carried him full term his weight would have been 4.5kg.

He was in ICU for 4 weeks due to his lungs and after that he was fine.

With my other 2 kids I had to be still from 26weeks due to their weight, Dr was scared same thing might happen again but I was lucky carried them both for 40 weeks and had a nice birthday present when my youngest was born on my birthday :)