Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

New 'Baby' In The House

TS Ron
I'm with you on that GeeWhizz. Tried to feed the cats "food" once a day and make the other meal just pellets. But from day 1 they seemed to know that if they hung out long enough they would get the tasty stuff. I also decided to mix their chicken or mince or livers with rice. PPffffffttttt that didn't work either did it.

I swear it was a lie that they came from Animal Welfare. These two came from a palace somewhere. It's really tough for them living down here with us. I have had to turn vegetarian so that they can eat!

Anybody want two cats? Free to a good home provided you can supply 1kg of chicken a day. :cool:

Well I have to agree our kitten from Animal Welfare must be a five star hotel as the madam we got turns up her nose to iams kitten biscuits shall only eat pamper canned food. We have left her for a period of two hours and then softened our hearts to her by offering the canned food.

mellowred
Well I have to agree our kitten from Animal Welfare must be a five star hotel as the madam we got turns up her nose to iams kitten biscuits shall only eat pamper canned food. We have left her for a period of two hours and then softened our hearts to her by offering the canned food.

From one sucker to another ... Cats Rule! LOL

mellowred

Ruthie's pooch's eating habits have made me think.

Here is pooch, raised on junk food, given a clean bill of health.

Are all these nutritionally balanced foods at a budgetly unbalanced price really necessary? :confused:

Jongleur
Ruthie's pooch's eating habits have made me think.

Here is pooch, raised on junk food, given a clean bill of health.

Are all these nutritionally balanced foods at a budgetly unbalanced price really necessary? :confused:

We use the Hill`s range. Marvelous food. And plenty of tiny snacks.

Jongleur
They NEED to be bantered!

So the secret frikkadel recipe comes to light. How do you make the banter ?

mellowred
We use the Hill`s range. Marvelous food. And plenty of tiny snacks.

My two kittens suffered terribly from stinky, soft stomachs when they first arrived. At that time I was feeding them Hills. I switched to Ultimate Feline and within three days there was a 100% improvement. The UF is also several rand cheaper. Still believe that Hills is great, but in Stinky Tinkie's case, UF is the answer.

Only time she is Stinky is when Hennie gets them in the kitchen and feeds them snacks while preparing dinner. My goodness, some of the things that cats will eat! :weird:

Cali Craft and Gems

The "old man" of my grans' house (17 year old kitty named George) is quite a character. As a kitten he loved pinching the green pepper off pizza, and still enjoys his Amarula (!). But most of our cats always have to see / sniff what you're consuming before they'll leave you alone - my brats have this typical behaviour down to a fine art. KitKat loves KingCone icecream, Phoebe has a sweet tooth and loves to clean the pudding bowls, and she also loves dried apple slices - will attack you if you don't share.

Our old kitty Tipsy used to know that if the kettle was on, then milk was sure to follow. She also recognised the milk bottle and you dare not try and sneak it past her without giving her some. In the end her miaow when she wanted milk actually sounded like "milk"!

And no matter where in the house or garden KitKat is fast asleep, she knows immediately when you're having biltong - she's there in a flash acting all cute and purring... darn cat! I won't even mention the dog...

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems

Little Miss Muffet

meatball.jpg.2b7a2a5e7e881278b4cfc95bf11c54aa.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]3397[/ATTACH]

They NEED to be bantered!

Give the dog some Harry Potter spiced with Voldermort

imagesCAJSNJGQ-002.jpg.b889bd80a685bbd8a1970d92fe2ef3be.jpg

imagesCARWYO4G-002.jpg.298b4c849d0c3f0754dc5df80f281ace.jpg

svw
So the secret frikkadel recipe comes to light. How do you make the banter ?

Banter Recipe:-

A Ladel of Conversation mixed with a spoon of wit then dusted with a hint of humour then poured over someones meatballs allowing the rest of the nutters to take part in the feast........

voldermort
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3395[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3396[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3397[/ATTACH]

Give the dog some Harry Potter spiced with Voldermort

& you may end up with this:

HP2.JPG.fa8d0bc5fe43e762cd0f9ea33236a2f0.JPG

Edited by voldermort
woke up toooooo early........

Not1CentMore

Thanks, svw. Will 'give that a whirl'.

Still not eating. I show him his food several times a day and he sniffs and 'turns his nose up'. Guess when the 'tumbly-rumbly' gets too much, he'll eat.

Vet said 'give him time' and not to feed him table food / scraps. Something about small, 'high end' dogs and pancreatitis. (Right now, his 'high end' is his nose...in the air.)

Ruthie

svw
Thanks, svw. Will 'give that a whirl'.

Still not eating. I show him his food several times a day and he sniffs and 'turns his nose up'. Guess when the 'tumbly-rumbly' gets too much, he'll eat.

Vet said 'give him time' and not to feed him table food / scraps. Something about small, 'high end' dogs and pancreatitis. (Right now, his 'high end' is his nose...in the air.)Ruthie

One other thought - he may feel that you are asserting your dominance over him if you stand next to his food dish - claiming the food for yourself. As sorry as you are feeling for him you must try to put a lid on your emotions - think happy thoughts! Does he have his own safe place preferably in a quiet room with his bed - then maybe try leaving his food on the edge of the bed - walk away and leave him there for some time to settle - he may just decide to eat when he feels that he is not being watched (in doggie language - challenged for his food)

Not1CentMore

No, ma'am, I don't 'hover'. I show him his food / water and walk away. He is left to 'explore' his food and water all by his lonesome. It is in the kitchen, 'off the beaten path'. Tried the 'bed' thing. He won't even stay on it. Has to be up in the recliner next to me. Tried hand feeding him in the chair...no go.

Ruthie

svw
No, ma'am, I don't 'hover'. I show him his food / water and walk away. He is left to 'explore' his food and water all by his lonesome. It is in the kitchen, 'off the beaten path'. Tried the 'bed' thing. He won't even stay on it. Has to be up in the recliner next to me. Tried hand feeding him in the chair...no go.

Ruthie

Oh boy! - I feel for you - many years back I had a yorkie/terrier cross that I got as a rescue and that worked for him. He had been so badly treated that if you raised your arm suddenly he would start shaking and flatten himself to the ground expecting to be hit. It was awful - took time, but he eventually came right - turned out to be an absolute character!

mellowred

We also had a rescue dog (a Maltese x aged 4) from a sub-human who used to kick her around because she weed in the house :sad:. After just a couple days of positive training and lots of love and attention, she stopped weeing in the house and in the 10+ years she lived with us she only ever had an occasional accident.

Thank G O D she came to us when she did. A few months after arriving her back legs went lame due to the abuse. Choice was an op with a small chance of success or to have her put down. We went for the op. Several months of Mum walking her on a brace and exercising her legs on an hourly basis, and she was up and about. One leg never really recovered, but she ran like a whippet on those 3 1/2 legs.

Not1CentMore

We have arrived! Toby is eating and drinking! He will drink out of the water bowl (only if carried and set down in front of it), but will only eat if I put his food in a bowl next to me in the recliner. No biggie. After about a week, I will slowly move his food so he has to jump down off the chair to get to it. After a couple of months, his bowl will be next to Thumper's....in the kitchen, 'off the beaten path'.

Ruthie

svw
We have arrived! Toby is eating and drinking! He will drink out of the water bowl (only if carried and set down in front of it), but will only eat if I put his food in a bowl next to me in the recliner. No biggie. After about a week, I will slowly move his food so he has to jump down off the chair to get to it. After a couple of months, his bowl will be next to Thumper's....in the kitchen, 'off the beaten path'.

Ruthie

Wow......fantastic news!!!!!! - I bet you feel like doing a couple of backflips...

mellowred

Great news Ruthie.

Not1CentMore
Wow......fantastic news!!!!!! - I bet you feel like doing a couple of backflips...

Uh, my mind says, 'yes, you can do backflips'. My body says (quietly in the background), 'Do it and I will make you pay'. My mind lies to me a lot these days. On this one, methinks I will listen to the 'whisper'.

Ruthie

Not1CentMore

Toby's got a complete 'do' a couple of weeks ago and a 'touch-up' today (bath, ears, nails, teeth).

Toby.jpg.291fdbe9e30c176c7c4a7217b6c5b4b3.jpg

The Groomer says he will still look like a little 'rag muffin' until his hair grows out and he can be 'evened up'. but my little man is handsome...even with his 'bed-head' look.

He is still a picky eater, but he is eating and drinking.

Ruthie

mellowred

Aaawwww ... cutie

svw

Absolute cutie...love the expression in his face!!!