Sign in to follow this  
Empirex

Cameo Moulds

Empirex

So cameo moulds are not quite my field of expertise so thought maybe folks here might be able to help out a little in terms of worth.

Got the following 126 piece set from around the 1850's. I believe they are made out of a fine plaster of Paris. The dark colouring on some of the moulds is just dust build-up.

As you can see on the underside of the lid, the sculpture's name is Antoine Odelli.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3369[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3370[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3371[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3372[/ATTACH]

Jongleur
So cameo moulds are not quite my field of expertise so thought maybe folks here might be able to help out a little in terms of worth.

Got the following 126 piece set from around the 1850's. I believe they are made out of a fine plaster of Paris. The dark colouring on some of the moulds is just dust build-up.

As you can see on the underside of the lid, the sculpture's name is Antoine Odelli.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3369[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3370[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3371[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3372[/ATTACH]

Wide variety on ebay.

mellowred

Try this link. Or Google Antoine Odelli.

GT171eng

Empirex
Try this link. Or Google Antoine Odelli.

GT171eng

Thank you, much appreciated!

Apparently my search engine abilities are sorely lacking as I spent hours searching for items relating to Antoine Odelli and only came up with third party references. Go figure :hm:

I think they are something called "Intaglios".

Things That Inspire: Favorite Design Element: Framed Intaglios

From what I understand a Cameo would a piece that has the carving / image protruding; while an Intaglio creates an impression, or indent, in the mould.

mellowred
Thank you, much appreciated!

Apparently my search engine abilities are sorely lacking as I spent hours searching for items relating to Antoine Odelli and only came up with third party references. Go figure :hm:

Your not the only one that happens to. Then search again a few hours later and ... voilà there it is :grin:

From what I understand a Cameo would a piece that has the carving / image protruding; while an Intaglio creates an impression, or indent, in the mould.

Ok, from the pictures I looked at, that does make sense.

The Robert Schreuder Link should give some indication of the value.

Good luck.