Sign in to follow this  
MiemsJewels

Sellers please give some advice!

svw

its as safe as what you make it , just respect it as a mains appliance .

I agree mrmouse - we have used electric blankets on our beds for years BUT only switch them on to heat up the bed before going to bed and then switch them off - nothing nicer than climbing into a nice warm bed in the middle of winter. I would think if treated responsibly the hot bottle should be fine much better than the old hot water bottles - I have unpleasant memories of getting burnt with hot water trying to fill them up!

admin

I think one important factor is overlooked here, the hot water bottle is NOT plugged into the wall socket when it is in use, so no danger of being electrified or a fire starting. The only problem that may arise, is leakage, but should not be before years of use, if ever.

mrmouse
C'mon Kyle, try to prove me wrong!

Can I get the one you offered Kyle ?

MiemsJewels
I think one important factor is overlooked here, the hot water bottle is NOT plugged into the wall socket when it is in use, so no danger of being electrified or a fire starting. The only problem that may arise, is leakage, but should not be before years of use, if ever.

:grin: :grin: Thank You Mr Admin!

MiemsJewels
C'mon Kyle, try to prove me wrong!

Can I get the one you offered Kyle ?

Thanks mrMouse & mr. Admin for coming to my rescue!

And now Mr Kyle..............I rest my case!!:grin:

mrmouse

My wife is getting another one today , because the fight didnt end untill bedtime when the little one won the battle about who is going to hog the hot bottle , and you can quote me on this ...." They Are Great and Work Very Well " I hope you sell dozens of them , and tell the complainants to DRUCK it ,:toung::grin:

kyle2

Its not earthed? ............

mrmouse

Dont arc weld in the rain :grin:

admin

Which means something might happen while it is charging, on the kitchen table or wherever you might charge it, before it is unplugged and taken to bed with you. Which I seriously doubt as 99.9999999999 % of electric items today only have a two pin plug. Believe me, it is much more safer to use than to make a painting these days :whistling:

mrmouse

Which means something might happen while it is charging, on the kitchen table or wherever you might charge it, before it is unplugged and taken to bed with you. Which I seriously doubt as 99.9999999999 % of electric items today only have a two pin plug. Believe me, it is much more safer to use than to make a painting these days :whistling:

I cant press the like BUTTON because its gone again ,:hm:

kyle2

Still don't want one......:blush:

MsPlod

Kyle doesn't want one guys... If I weren't so sold on "wheaters" I might have been in the market for one though. I love my wheater!

mrmouse
Still don't want one......:blush:

cmon over to THE DARK SIDE , its warm in here ,

MiemsJewels

GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Kyle! zombie-dog.jpg.af75dad2e0ccbc61b06d325eb9bf35ab.jpg

kyle2
cmon over to THE DARK SIDE , its warm in here ,

I am told so is Hell.........:oops:

kyle2

GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Kyle! [ATTACH=CONFIG]3361[/ATTACH]

What happened to your dog? Did you give one of those heater pillow things to him to sit on?:sick:

Edited by kyle2

MsPlod
I am told so is Hell.........:oops:

Popcorn should pop well there then?

kyle2
Popcorn should pop well there then?

I loooooooove popcorn!

I ate so much of it at one time I developed some weird allergic reaction to it once, it tasted like burn't tuna. Now I have to regulate my intake.........:smile1:

MiemsJewels
I loooooooove popcorn!

I ate so much of it at one time I developed some weird allergic reaction to it once, it tasted like burn't tuna. Now I have to regulate my intake.........:smile1:

Kyle, did you had your Encyclopedia Brittanica for dinner? You've got an answer for everything. LOL :smile1: Please dont eat Google, please, please?

svw
I loooooooove popcorn!

At the rate you going ... looks like your allergic reaction to popcorn is about to pay you a visit :whistling:

mellowred
At the rate you going ... looks like your allergic reaction to popcorn is about to pay you a visit :whistling:

ROFLMAO ...... Brilliant SVW :grin:

kyle2

Luckily, I've learnt that doing things in moderation stops allergic reactions, being sensible also helps.... like not buying potentially dangerous appliences.......:grin:

MiemsJewels
Luckily, I've learnt that doing things in moderation stops allergic reactions, being sensible also helps.... like not buying potentially dangerous appliences.......:grin:

mmmmmm:thinking:......Yeah, and definitly no electric blanket for a bed wetting baby! Also a no,no for a dangerous hairdryer, angle grinder, bedside lamps, etc. All without an earth wire..... 2 pin plugs! Kyle, may I ask you, if your electric appliances still works with paraffin? :grin:

Cali Craft and Gems

Heaven only knows what I'd be like without my heated blanket! Forgot to put it on early tonight so the bed is as cold as I am - which is pretty much close to frozen solid! (darn it's cold here tonight!)

We are looking for a gas heater as currently the entire house becomes a freezer when the sun goes down. Don't like the "plug in" heaters as they use too much electricity. Even the animals are feeling the change in weather and all join us on the bed or in our room at night.

Eskom is working in the area tomorrow (Sunday) so our power is going off at around 7am and will hopefully be back on around 7pm to 9pm - if we're lucky! (last time it was mid summer and it only came on close to midnight!) If it's cold tomorrow, then I'll be twisting hubby's arm to go for a drive into the countryside so that I can thaw out in the bakkie or car.

This cold is going to be something to get used to - I'm already freezing and shivering and it is not even "winter" here yet! The real snow is still on it's way... (although the nip in the air tonight tells me that there is probably a sprinkling again this weekend... brrrrrrrr.....)

kyle2
mmmmmm:thinking:......Yeah, and definitly no electric blanket for a bed wetting baby! Also a no,no for a dangerous hairdryer, angle grinder, bedside lamps, etc. All without an earth wire..... 2 pin plugs! Kyle, may I ask you, if your electric appliances still works with paraffin? :grin:

Whoooooooosh, thats the sound of my point of view flying over, I am not worried about appliances where I am concerned, my genuine unadulterated concern was for an innocent child without the knowledge, experience or respect for electricity, I fix power supplies from 12volts to 10000volts, and regularly get my day ruined by stray bits of current, children should not have to experience dangerous electricity, ever, period.

PS if you ever invent an appliance that runs on paraffin or start seller such devices, I'll be the first to try one out! LoL...

Have a nice weekend Miems. :razz:

Edited by kyle2