Sign in to follow this  
MiemsJewels

Sellers please give some advice!

MiemsJewels

I Received this e mail just now! Please advice me on how I should handle this!

1. Make a full refund?

2. Exchange it for something else?

3. Tell the buyer I cant give a refund on electric items?

4. Throw a lekker vloerm%$r. (tantrum)

5. Hire a Hitman?

All jokes aside......really I need some advice here!

She bought 4!

[TABLE=class: MsoNormalTable, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]

ELECTRIC HOT-WATER BOTTLE/BAG (Available in a variety of colors)

1147551-543872985-s.gif

Hi there,

I received these and thought they were great. My husband on the other hand thinks they are dangerous especially for the kids. He refuses for me to keep them as he said that the kids might plug them in when we are not around and he is worried about that. Could I possibly return them for a refund or maybe for something else that you are selling. So sorry!

Rgds

[/TD]

[TD=width: 13%][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by MiemsJewels

wayjen

Tell her to teach the kids right from wrong and the consequences thereof.

That is a tough one.

Pickle Bearies

I would tell her to resell items on her own account. As she must have used the items they would now be second hand .

Perhaps I am mistaken ,but I do not think one can return items due to a personal whim or problem only if there is an actual problem with the item?

If I did agree to exchange items I would do so only on condition that buyer pays all postage fee's and that I would only send an exchange item on receiving previously bought items in new condition.

voldermort

Truly ridiculous :sowsuser: imagine going to Pick n Pay & buying eg: ready roast chicken & then trying to return it cos daahhhling hubby doesn't like the taste, or imagines the bones might be dangerous for the young ones :evil: What is going to be next I wonder?

MiemsJewels

Thanks Pickle Bearies, Thats exactly what I told her. So, I am waiting for her response now.

Really a blue-blue monday today!

MiemsJewels

And on top of it. Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees also passed away today!

Not1CentMore

Buyer's says, "I received these and thought they were great". Translated: Buyer was pleased with her purchase.

Buyer then goes on to say, "My husband on the other hand thinks they are dangerous especially for the kids. He refuses for me to keep them as he said that the kids might plug them in when we are not around and he is worried about that."

Buyer is not unhappy. Hubby is unhappy that wifey bought them. Dangerous for the kiddie-kins? Items are as big as a what...refrigerator? They cannot be put on an upper shelf out of the reach of the munchkins? And, kiddie-kins haven't been taught what they can and cannot 'play' with?

Exchange? Nope. How many items will you have to exchange should Hubby not want it / them in the house or yard? Refund? Nope. If hubby wants them out of the house, perhaps wifey can hand him a shovel and he can find a 'safe place' in the backyard to bury them. Then again...

What about the dog? What if the family pet digs them up and carries them in the house and plugs them in?

Totally...silly.

Ruthie

Jongleur
I Received this e mail just now! Please advice me on how I should handle this!

1. Make a full refund?

2. Exchange it for something else?

3. Tell the buyer I cant give a refund on electric items?

4. Throw a lekker vloerm%$r. (tantrum)

5. Hire a Hitman?

All jokes aside......really I need some advice here!

She bought 4!

[TABLE=class: MsoNormalTable, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]

ELECTRIC HOT-WATER BOTTLE/BAG (Available in a variety of colors)

1147551-543872985-s.gif

Hi there,

I received these and thought they were great. My husband on the other hand thinks they are dangerous especially for the kids. He refuses for me to keep them as he said that the kids might plug them in when we are not around and he is worried about that. Could I possibly return them for a refund or maybe for something else that you are selling. So sorry!

Rgds

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Did you supply the manufacturers instructions/warnings/intended use/precautionary measures ?

Is the item SABS/ISO certified for safety.

If not I would exchange it and in future make sure that all items of this nature adhere to the above.

MiemsJewels

LOL Ruthie, surely her husband thinks a kettle, stove, heater, bedside lamp, Radio, Tv and all other elecrical appliances are safe then. :grin:

MiemsJewels
Did you supply the manufacturers instructions/warnings/intended use/precautionary measures ?

Is the item SABS/ISO certified for safety.

If not I would exchange it and in future make sure that all items of this nature adhere to the above.

ALL instructions are inside the box. Its not like you sleep with the bottle plugged in. You warm it for 10 or so minutes, unplug it, and Voila. Ready to use. You sleep only with the bottle and not with the plug.

voldermort

This is really beyond silly - where on earth are we supposed to draw the line? I understand if the item is broken or not as shown on the image, but because hubby (who never even bought it by the way) had a hissy fit.......really?

Jongleur
This is really beyond silly - where on earth are we supposed to draw the line? I understand if the item is broken or not as shown on the image, but because hubby (who never even bought it by the way) had a hissy fit.......really?

Perhaps he is a disgruntled Bayern Munich supporter.

voldermort
Perhaps he is a disgruntled Bayern Munich supporter.

Go away :suspicious:

Jongleur
Go away :suspicious:

hee hee hee :toung:

Not1CentMore
LOL Ruthie, surely her husband thinks a kettle, stove, heater, bedside lamp, Radio, Tv and all other elecrical appliances are safe then. :grin:

Can you imagine taking a stove 'down' to cook on it and then putting it back 'up' again (hot burners) on a high shelf out of the reach of 'small fries'?

I am all for wanting to keep our munchkins safe, but (here) it has gone beyond common sense to shake-your-head: no slides/swings/jungle gyms, etc. at school because kids can get hurt (imagine that... getting hurt when playing!). One of these days (here), we will have to wrap the wee ones in cotton and velcro their hiney to a soft 'something', out of the reach of 'whatever' so they don't so much as get a scratch from a dust bunny on the floor.

Ruthie

voldermort
hee hee hee :toung:

troublemaker :worried:

Jongleur

troublemaker :worried:

Sangoma of all sports !!! :cool:

svw
And on top of it. Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees also passed away today!

Firstly shocked to hear about Robin Gibb ........... must of had my head in the sand today!

Secondly as far as the hot water bottles go if they are so afraid that the kids will try and plug them in then they must lock the things away when they are not at home.

MsPlod

What a bunch of bollocks! The buyer needs to tell her husband to get real on this one. How on earth do they raise their children? We use plug protectors (still) and the boys have been told about electricity from the time they could crawl.

What about bedside lamps? (one of the most dangerous things in a house).

There is no way that she should be allowed to get a refund simply because her husband is a control freak.

kyle2
ALL instructions are inside the box. Its not like you sleep with the bottle plugged in. You warm it for 10 or so minutes, unplug it, and Voila. Ready to use. You sleep only with the bottle and not with the plug.

In all honesty, someone will eventually sleep with it plugged in, IMHO I would accept an exchange purely for peace of mind, and I would not want anything to do with an item that may have injured someone, there is always a bit of uncertainty when a potentially dangerous electronic device is involved even through neglect on the buyer’s part, very bad Karma.

Kids + fate + sleep + heater type thing, you never know.

lilythepink

This is a peculiar situation - buyer is happy with the purchase so, in my book, the sale is concluded. You could (free, of course!) send her a friendly list of advice about training the kids about electricity; how to store items out of reach of children or, as that is all a great deal of work, just refund her!

Good grief - we certainly hear about some strange buyers!

MiemsJewels
In all honesty, someone will eventually sleep with it plugged in, IMHO I would accept an exchange purely for peace of mind, and I would not want anything to do with an item that may have injured someone, there is always a bit of uncertainty when a potentially dangerous electronic device is involved even through neglect on the buyer’s part, very bad Karma.

Kids + fate + sleep + heater type thing, you never know.

o Kyle, O Kyle, o Kyle, I will send you 1 for your son as a gift. Test it yourself the 1st night! Please let me have your adress.

The bottle is absolutely 100% safe to use! Even for a 1 month old baby. You check it out for yourself. Then you can come back to me and tell me what you think. Okay? Thousands of kids, as well as adults are using it throughout the world. With NO casualties or even deaths.

MiemsJewels
This is a peculiar situation - buyer is happy with the purchase so, in my book, the sale is concluded. You could (free, of course!) send her a friendly list of advice about training the kids about electricity; how to store items out of reach of children or, as that is all a great deal of work, just refund her!

Good grief - we certainly hear about some strange buyers!

I offer to refund her Lilly! Rather stay on the safe side here. As long as she carry the shipping fees herself, there's no problem!:grin:

svw

Kids will be kids! - Told my eldest son when he was about five NOT to touch the electric fence - what did he do touched it - it was the first and last time he touched it - but I couldn't take the fence and lock it away like the hot water bottles in question - you just have to try your best to explain to them what can and can't hurt them - it's all part of kids growing up.

kyle2
o Kyle, O Kyle, o Kyle, I will send you 1 for your son as a gift. Test it yourself the 1st night! Please let me have your adress.

The bottle is absolutely 100% safe to use! Even for a 1 month old baby. You check it out for yourself. Then you can come back to me and tell me what you think. Okay? Thousands of kids, as well as adults are using it throughout the world. With NO casualties or even deaths.

No need to send me one, I understand your point of view, like I said, in my honest opinion, knowing electronics intimately, I leave nothing to chance, I don't even trust an electric blanket, had one spark a hole right through my infants mattress, I could put my arm through the aperture.