Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

To File or Not To File SNC

MsPlod
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! Wayne's avatar: Looks like he has his 'flashing' raincoat on.

You're safe - it is just Eccles, dearly beloved friend of Bluebottle

I suspect that this might just be in response to the forum clock issues...

wayjen

There is an online site and a mobile app called TuneIn Radio and there is a radio station in Australia that plays The Goon Show broadcasts and it is hilarious.

MsPlod
There is an online site and a mobile app called TuneIn Radio and there is a radio station in Australia that plays The Goon Show broadcasts and it is hilarious.

58f5a737b8b59_goonshowfan.JPG.521ed96eebdbfba74020d3ccca6b5332.JPG

Imagine what Grytpype-Thynne would plan for tricky buyers who force traders into dilemmas about SNCs?:grin:

wayjen

I love the pin, Min.

MsPlod
I love the pin, Min.

Thank you Henry, thanks buddy!

Not1CentMore

Admin,

Not wanting to 'beat a dead horse to death' (already 'closed this chapter' with respect to original inquiry), nor do I want to be considered 'troublemaking', but....

I was finger 'strolling' through some auctions (comparison pricing) and 'stumbled upon':

Title of Auction (followed by) - Buy Now Pay Later

and in the text:

Buy Now - Pay Later - No Extra Charges or Hidden Fees

When you purchase a (name deleted) product, you can specify when you want to make your payment.

(name deleted) will keep your item(s) for you and process your order as soon as we have received your full payment.

Is this 'different' than 'lay-by'? Is there a specific 'time frame' for remitting payment (ie. 2-weeks, 30-days, etc.) that allows this to be 'different' from laybys? If so, please explain. I am soooooooo confused (of course, it doesn't take much when one is 'over-the-hill' and 'around-the-bend').

Thank-you.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

wayjen
Admin,

Not wanting to 'beat a dead horse to death' (already 'closed this chapter' with respect to original inquiry), nor do I want to be considered 'troublemaking', but....

I was finger 'strolling' through some auctions (comparison pricing) and 'stumbled upon':

Title of Auction (followed by) - Buy Now Pay Later

and in the text:

Buy Now - Pay Later - No Extra Charges or Hidden Fees

When you purchase a (name deleted) product, you can specify when you want to make your payment.

(name deleted) will keep your item(s) for you and process your order as soon as we have received your full payment.

Is this 'different' than 'lay-by'? Is there a specific 'time frame' for remitting payment (ie. 2-weeks, 30-days, etc.) that allows this to be 'different' from laybys? If so, please explain. I am soooooooo confused (of course, it doesn't take much when one is 'over-the-hill' and 'around-the-bend').

Thank-you.

Ruthie

So someone on BoB is actually doing this then?

MsPlod
So someone on BoB is actually doing this then?

Plug "Buy Now - Pay Later" into the BoB search engine and you will find it immediately!

wayjen

I see that so now I wonder if it is a legitimate practice then or not.

MsPlod
I see that so now I wonder if it is a legitimate practice then or not.

If it is on BoB - doesn't mean it is legitimate, just that it hasn't been noticed before now...

qball

Lay-buy means monthly payments over a certain period of time (usually part payments over 3 or 6 months), and then goods are shipped off once the full amount is paid off. From what I gather this seller will accept full payment at a later time, and then ships goods off upon full payment, he is not offering payment terms or monthly options, just that he will accept payment in full at a later date - this is his decision and risk to accept payment at a later date, for example, around pay day when people are paid.

Not1CentMore

Thank-you for the clarification.

Ruthie