Sign in to follow this  
Empirex

Last Minute Bidders

Empirex

So I'm fairly new to BoB and online auctions in general, and was just wondering about late (30-1 seconds remaining) bidding?

Is it frowned upon on BoB and online auctioning?

Common practise?

Not something I would personally do as it seems a little underhanded, and no one has attempted it thus far on my 4 winning auctions :smile:, but what's the general feeling? How often does it happen, if at all?

Empirex

Ok so it seems last minute bidding is a go according to this thread Extended Bidding :nuts:

Well at least I learned a few techniques to wage war with... :bigsmile:

svw

Placing a bid within the last minute or so is fine and is more likely to happen on the crazy Wednesday & Snap Friday R1 auctions. You must just remember to refresh your page constantly in the last few minutes if you really want to win the auction - it's all part of the fun. Alternatively you can set an automatic bid limit to the maximum amount that you would be prepared to pay. For auctions that are listed over a longer period of time things seem to be more relaxed and bidding is not as frantic.

Empirex
Placing a bid within the last minute or so is fine and is more likely to happen on the crazy Wednesday & Snap Friday R1 auctions. You must just remember to refresh your page constantly in the last few minutes if you really want to win the auction - it's all part of the fun. Alternatively you can set an automatic bid limit to the maximum amount that you would be prepared to pay. For auctions that are listed over a longer period of time things seem to be more relaxed and bidding is not as frantic.

Thanks, good to know.

Yeah, if you've been bidding over a period of 3 weeks or so only to be pipped at the finishing line by 5 seconds or so, might be a little annoying, so best to fight it out in the lead up period.