Sign in to follow this  
LLB2

Issue with refund from Seller: HDMI

LLB2    10
LLB2

Hi

I'm having problems with a seller who promised a refund, and has until now not made one.

On the 18th of April I won an auction on a GPS from the seller HDMI for R482.11. I proceeded to make my payment on the 19th of April.

Car Navigation - garmin nuvi 200w--widescreen navigation at it's very best-- was sold for R355.00 on 18 Apr at 23:46 by HDMI in Cape Town (ID:63409998)

The timeline until now basically looks like this:

18 April - Won auction.

19 April - Made payment, sent proof of payment to seller.

20 April - Seller said item would be sent next week.

25 April - Emailed and SMS'ed to ask for tracking number, once sent. Received no response.

2 May - Emailed and SMS'ed once again to ask for tracking number. Gave neutral rating. Received no response.

3 May - Phoned, SMS'ed and emailed - no response. Gave negative rating, and stated why and that it would be changed once product was received. Received SNC stating refund to be given. Phoned BoB for assistance, and appealed SNC, as the seller never directly contacted me once to say the product was faulty, was not being sent, and that I should supply banking details. Sent banking details via email and requested proof of payment

6 May - SNC was restricted by Admin, had requested proof of payment from seller.

7 May - Filed a ticket for assistance from SNC regarding the restriction.

11 May - SNC Admin responded stating they had requested and were still awaiting proof of payment. I also sent email to seller once again requesting that proof of payment be sent, otherwise forcing me to issue a formal complaint/claim. Received no response.

13 May - Replied to SNC ticket and asked what the average time is to wait for a refund.

Now, 19 May, I am waiting for both BoB and the seller to come back to me. This has been an incredibly frustrating situation for me, having much bigger things to focus on, but not wanting to let this go so that the seller benefits from slighting customers in this way. In summary - it has been 1 month since I regrettably purchased the product, and sent proof of payment. It has been a month since the seller said the product would be sent, and 3 weeks from when the product should have been sent. It has been at least two weeks since I received an SNC, which I doubt would have happened if I had not given a negative rating. His response rate was dismal, but within 24minutes of receiving a negative rating, he was able to lodge an SNC. This in itself, speaks volumes. It has been at least two weeks since I sent banking details. It has been almost two weeks since BoB has requested proof of payment from the seller.

In this time, I have sent 6 emails, phoned twice, SMS'ed 4 times, and only received one email, no answer to calls or SMS's and a SNC with no previous agreement on the terms. I don't want to work with this seller, or sort it out ourselves. I don't want him to contact me as the time for that is way past, and I don't want him to source me any other product because his service has not been good to me thus far. I want him to refund me and send me the proof, so that I can forget this frustrating situation and not have something as unnecessary as this taking up any of my time. The refund is due to no fault of mine, and I do not want this to a problem any longer.

Please advise me who I should contact and what are my options to have this resolved?

Regards,

Hester

mellowred    10
mellowred

You are not the first to complain.

HDMI

He does visit the forum (see post), so perhaps the two of you can communicate and resolve the issue here.

admin    0
admin

Hi LLB2,

Bertus did send another email to the seller, 18 May 2012 01:45 PM, requesting proof of the refund. I am sure he will get back to you as soon as possible on Monday. TICKET ID BBN-264-61867

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

geldenhuys1    10
geldenhuys1

I also had some trouble with HDMI. I bought 5 of these CellC R50 p/m airtime specials. I bought and paid(BOBeft) for it on the Wednesdaymorning and notice his shipping details (Please note that items are sent off Thursdaysand Friday. Please read the terms before bidding.) I send him a mail and toldhim I paid for the item and would like him to send the items with his otheritems on Thursday or Friday. No communication from seller and only after anegative rating for no communication he replied and said items would be postedthe next week Thursday. Items was only posted the Friday so more than a weeklater he posted the small little parcel. When I started to use one of thesecards Cell C called me and said this cards was Rika'd on a different name andthat they are going to block the sim cards. After much negotiating with Cell Cthey Rika’d the cards on my name. I gave the seller a positive rating but willNOT ever buy from him again. Some of my parcels I send the same day if it wasbought and paid with BOBeft. If not the same day the next day at the latest.

PITCREW    10
PITCREW

This worries me. I sent a parcel back to HDMI for a refund on Friday 18th. I must say though, he has responded to my emails reasonably quickly so far, but I hope it doesn't take a month to get my money back.

LLB2    10
LLB2

Contacted seller again, no refund.

Hi

Haven't received news from Bertus yet. As advised, I phoned Brandon again on Tuesday 22nd, again no response on cell number. Managed to attain shop number, and on this he answered. He asked if I had not received refund yet (?) and said if I send bank details again he would refund me the Wednesday 23rd. Sent bank details via email and SMS on Tuesday. No refund Wednesday, but SNC was retracted. Not sure if that good or bad sign...

Now 5 weeks since unfortunate purchase.

HDMI    10
HDMI

OK,time to reply..

The buyer in question was refunded today.

I was off sick for a week as all could see I did not sell anything for the past Week or 2.

Proof of the refund was sent to bid or buy community watch.

As for buyer Geldenhuys,we clearly mentioned that these cards were rica'd.

Furthermore,most buyers understand our shipping terms. We ship the week after the auction. Payments on Wednesday auctions usually gets made Thursdays or Fridays,allowing us time to carefully package parcels and send via insured mail.

We did therefore ship on time.

some sellers take up to a month to ship and because there conditions alert buyers,they are aware too. MANY PARCELS WE MANAGED TO SEND A LOT QUICKER(A DAY OR 2 AFTER PAYMENT)

WE CONTINUOUSLY TRY AND IMPROVE ON OUR SHIPPING TIMES.

BUYER PIT CREW, YOUR REFUND WILL BE MADE AS SOON AS THE ITEM IS RECEIVED. I WENT TO THE POST OFFICE TODAY AS PER MY COMMUNICATION WITH YOU,HOWEVER I COULD NOT FIND IT. HOPEFULLY IT WOULD BE THERE TOMORROW OR MONDAY. I WILL REFUND YOU AS SOON AS I RECEIVE THE ITEM

PLEASE BE SO KIND AS TO FORWARD ME YOUR BANKING DETAILS

TO ALL BUYERS, WE SPECIALLY GOT BIGGER PREMISES TO DO PACKAGING AND SHIPPING AND EMPLOYED ANOTHER MEMBER TO SPEED UP SHIPMENT SINCE WE KNOW THAT A HAPPY CUSTOMER IS A CUSTOMER FOR LIFE.

WE HAVE A FEW SHOPS IN THE WESTERN CAPE AND UNDERSTAND THAT IN BUSINESS YOU NEED TO LOOK AFTER YOUR BUYERS

THANK YOU FOR ALL BUYER'S SUPPORT OVER THE PAST YEAR AND MAY WE HAVE THE PLEASURE OF THOUSANDS MORE DEALINGS

KIND REGARDS FROM A COLD CAPE TOWN

THE HDMI TEAM

admin    0
admin

Hi HDMI,

Please do not post in all caps, it denotes shouting in net etiquittte. Thank you.

geldenhuys1    10
geldenhuys1
OK,time to reply..

As for buyer Geldenhuys,we clearly mentioned that these cards were rica'd.

Furthermore,most buyers understand our shipping terms. We ship the week after the auction. Payments on Wednesday auctions usually gets made Thursdays or Fridays,allowing us time to carefully package parcels and send via insured mail.

We did therefore ship on time.

some sellers take up to a month to ship and because there conditions alert buyers,they are aware too. MANY PARCELS WE MANAGED TO SEND A LOT QUICKER(A DAY OR 2 AFTER PAYMENT)

WE CONTINUOUSLY TRY AND IMPROVE ON OUR SHIPPING TIMES.

Do u know what Rica stands for? For the cards to be Rica'd they need to be Rica'd in the name of the owner of the sim card. The cards was not Rica'd in my name so Cell C could have disconnected them but I sorted out the problem. The shipping time issue is this, the cards was NOT on auction. I bought them the Wednesday morning and pay via BOB eft so u had confirmation of payment within 30min. The cards was only packed into a envelope and was posted 9 days after items was bought. To give good service to a buyer, why could the parcel not be send with the items that was being shipped that Thursday or even the Friday. Luckily buyers can choose were to shop in future.

Edited by geldenhuys1

PITCREW    10
PITCREW

Still waiting for my refund, or at least proof that it has been paid.

Yesterday (29/5) he sent me an email :

"Good morning

Sorry for only getting back to you now,I just returned from Jhb

Your refund will be done today

Kind regards

Brandon"

Today, there is still no payment or proof that it has been paid.

PITCREW    10
PITCREW

Sorted. :amazed:

HDMI    10
HDMI

Dear buyers, as explained, all buyers has to be happy

We decided not to list any items yet,since R100 000 - R200 000 a month is good,but a happy customer is what we want and therefore like any organisation,we looked into issues that we could improve on. Overall, 99% of all buyers is more than sattisfied with our products. The dissatisfied buyers was mainly due to the fact that buyers had to wait for parcels. Although we stipulated our shipping conditions clearly, some buyers did not read it and to avoid any issues, we invested in new premises for packaging and another member to assist in speeding up orders

I trust we could have great business futures ahead of us

Kind regards

Hdmi

HDMI    10
HDMI

:angel:

Edited by HDMI
friendly response

geldenhuys1    10
geldenhuys1

I bought another item from u HDMI and paid for it with BOBeft, let’s see if your shipping time have improved!!

electronics4less    10
electronics4less

HDMI always amazes me!

I must say after a few years on BoB one gets to spot the chancers, and after a while you tend to think you have seen everything.

HDMI surprised me - again! :confused:

I bought a toner from him last night, on this auction. Only went for R1 so I'm not complaining about the price. But...

Imagine my surprise when I concluded the sale and the postage was suddenly different from when I placed the bid!

Before I bid I always check, and postage was set at R25. Suddenly when I closed the order, it was R35!

It seems the system allows you to change your postage at any time. Luckily not too many sellers have seen this, and used this to "scam" unsuspecting buyers.

Now I had to pay R36.03 for the toner, which I did. Still a bargain but what if it was changed to R200 shipping, would I still have laughed about it? I've logged a case with CW, to ensure this is looked at - at least.

geldenhuys1    10
geldenhuys1
I must say after a few years on BoB one gets to spot the chancers, and after a while you tend to think you have seen everything.

I bought a toner from him last night, on this auction. Only went for R1 so I'm not complaining about the price. But...

Imagine my surprise when I concluded the sale and the postage was suddenly different from when I placed the bid!

Before I bid I always check, and postage was set at R25. Suddenly when I closed the order, it was R35!

It seems the system allows you to change your postage at any time. Luckily not too many sellers have seen this, and used this to "scam" unsuspecting buyers.

Now I had to pay R36.03 for the toner, which I did. Still a bargain but what if it was changed to R200 shipping, would I still have laughed about it? I've logged a case with CW, to ensure this is looked at - at least.

I did notice this also, but thought I made a mistake. Bought item last night from HDMI and when i wanted to make payment this morning the shipping amount changed with about R10. Not that much but it is more.

HDMI    10
HDMI

Dear buyer, I realised after posting goods last week that I never changed my shipping fees and I had undercharged by R350 on a batch of items. Needless to say, I was one of the cheapest with shipping fees,if not the cheapest on small/medium items and charged a mere R25. I am by no means profitting from postage fees. Unfortunately I had to change it sooner or later. I always have items on auction and this situation was non avoidable. The nr. 1 seller 2011 also uppered his shipping fees,just like all others. With the increased postage fees goes higher shipping fees to all. Just like a higher petrol price being bad news for all, higher postage isn't good news neither. I do try and keep it affordable to all and try my atmost in keeping buyers happy.

This is no scam. Selling hundreds/if not thousands of items at R1 and charge R180 or R350 I would say is more like a scam. I raised it in an earlier threat on the forum. Many sellers proffitts from postage fees and that should be addressed to maintain sattisfied buyers/sellers relationships on bid or buy.

We already speeded up shipping times and increased shipping times by as mush as 4 days.

Most of the last auctions goods was sent within less than 72 working hours, compared to 7-9 days before

Please do not hesitate in assisting us with new ideas in which to improve our service levels

Warm regards

The hdmi team

geldenhuys1    10
geldenhuys1
Dear buyer, I realised after posting goods last week that I never changed my shipping fees and I had undercharged by R350 on a batch of items. Needless to say, I was one of the cheapest with shipping fees,if not the cheapest on small/medium items and charged a mere R25. I am by no means profitting from postage fees. Unfortunately I had to change it sooner or later. I always have items on auction and this situation was non avoidable. The nr. 1 seller 2011 also uppered his shipping fees,just like all others. With the increased postage fees goes higher shipping fees to all. Just like a higher petrol price being bad news for all, higher postage isn't good news neither. I do try and keep it affordable to all and try my atmost in keeping buyers happy.

This is no scam. Selling hundreds/if not thousands of items at R1 and charge R180 or R350 I would say is more like a scam. I raised it in an earlier threat on the forum. Many sellers proffitts from postage fees and that should be addressed to maintain sattisfied buyers/sellers relationships on bid or buy.

We already speeded up shipping times and increased shipping times by as mush as 4 days.

Most of the last auctions goods was sent within less than 72 working hours, compared to 7-9 days before

Please do not hesitate in assisting us with new ideas in which to improve our service levels

Warm regards

The hdmi team

Shipping time is better, won auction on Wednesday and received Tracking Number on Saturday. R35 for posting is not that much and in line with most off BOB sellers. It was just strange that the shipping fee went up after the auction was open. Thanks for speeding up your shipping time HDMI.