Sign in to follow this  
Guest MacMuffin

New listing page

voldermort
Yes it is not holding the dates. It is worse then ever and by relisting items that the site says is closed I fear now I am duplicating already open listings.

Creating a new ad really is much quicker & easier but for me at least, trying to do anything else at all - relisting, watchlists etc etc is horrible & time consuming. Perhaps this new look works best for sellers who don't have a lot of items up & don't have a need to fiddle with the dates?

Seems though that you & I are destined to get many grey hairs through this.

Little Miss Muffet
I was listing some coins when I realized I had listed them under "Union of South Africa" instead of "Republic of South Africa"

I could not change the category but had to start the listing all over again.

The images all go under each other and not side by side.

It is always a good idea to show a defect on a coin or any item by having images side by side or even having the back and front of an item side by side.

The HTML gives us the option to choose where we want an image but it does not work with this new listing page.

Very frustrating loading images.We really need to be able to load images next to each other in the description.

Edited by geewhizz

Miss Jewels

My honest opinion? Not user friendly. Old style worked much better

GoldenOldie

If it aint broke dont fix it!

I am battling with the new layout, cannot load pictures into the body of the text/item description & when i try 'create listing" it wont save & an error messgae pops up, something like the HTML is invalid & not allowed,,

Please advise what im doing wrong!

Kind regards

Caroline

Edited by GoldenOldie

alloway65

Once you load a thumbnail, copy it, click on the "picture envelope", and paste the URL into the bottom line, then load/enter....it works for me...took me a while to get the hang of it!

Good luck.

David

Little Miss Muffet
I was listing some coins when I realized I had listed them under "Union of South Africa" instead of "Republic of South Africa"

I could not change the category but had to start the listing all over again.

The images all go under each other and not side by side.

It is always a good idea to show a defect on a coin or any item by having images side by side or even having the back and front of an item side by side.

The HTML gives us the option to choose where we want an image but it does not work with this new listing page.

I have now discovered that an image can be put anywhere we want it by clicking under the image we prefer it under--top,bottom middle whatever.

However,I still feel that we should be able to put images next to each other. It is easier to describe an item in this way.:colbert:

Jacques Kuun

Is EBAY going to buy BOB / did EBAY buy BOB?

For some time now changes have been made to make BoB more and more similar to the bay.

Due to the new Category Selection process, there is now an extra page to load while listing. Very frustrating if you only list single items and work on a v-e-r-y s-l-o-w line.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

admin
I have now discovered that an image can be put anywhere we want it by clicking under the image we prefer it under--top,bottom middle whatever.

However,I still feel that we should be able to put images next to each other. It is easier to describe an item in this way.:colbert:

Hi geewhizz,

Like this ? Digital - test for sale in Sasolburg (ID:65906318)

admin

Due to the new Category Selection process, there is now an extra page to load while listing.

I did not have to load an extra page when making the listing ?

Jacques Kuun

Hello Admin

When I select “Auction”, I first get to the “Select a Category Page”. It then allows me to move on to “Create Your Listing”. Just like on ebay.

Previously, this was one page / one process on BoB. So let us double the waiting time for another page to load….(only applicable to the plebs with the slow ADSL lines).

I just can not see any benefit to this new process. As somebody said before: "why fix what is not broken”.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

admin

Oh, that one :bigsmile: That is 3 text only boxes, should not take more than a couple of seconds to load even with, dare I say it, a dial up connection :razz:

Jacques Kuun

Hello Admin

Yes, I understand what you are saying, and I know that you did not change things.

But why add ANOTHER PAGE to the process? What are we to gain from it?

Just to move closer to the bay?

I have always said the bay is not a touch when it comes to the sleekness of BoB. BoB is losing that touch. Bit by bit and change by change.

Maybe when it comes to bulk listings, there might be advantages. Most serious stamp sellers list single items, which is time consuming to start with.

Why complicate things?

Keep well and regards

Jacques

Little Miss Muffet

All very well admin but how did you do it??

Macmuffin conveniantly disappeared for the week-end to leave us to work it out ourselves.:cheesy:

admin
All very well admin but how did you do it??

Macmuffin conveniantly disappeared for the week-end to leave us to work it out ourselves.:cheesy:

When you insert the first picture, your cursor is flashing in the bottom right corner of that picture. Just press the space bar and insert the next picture, then press enter to add the 3rd one below the first one. :wink:

Little Miss Muffet
When you insert the first picture, your cursor is flashing in the bottom right corner of that picture. Just press the space bar and insert the next picture, then press enter to add the 3rd one below the first one. :wink:

Well that is not the way it worked before.How are we supposed to know.[ATTACH=CONFIG]3328[/ATTACH]Short of typing this in capitals.

Besides it worked much better the other way.

imagesCAUHNXM4-001.jpg.b08144bef2859195c7fd10c6d52d9dc0.jpg

Edited by geewhizz

brands online

:confused: totally unnecessary...

MiemsJewels

Is the description page shorter now? I cant seem to fit in all my fancy smancy stuff on the bottom of the page.

The page seems to be fine, but as soon as I saved my listing, all written things dissapear at the bottom!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Two things-fistly their is excessive scrolling needed to complete listings-i know i can minimise my view to get a smaller page and then not scroll to get to next tab,but the view is then small and not so easy to work with-it must be easy to make the compartments smaller,especially on the first page so you can complete the category select and create listing functions without having to scroll down to do this!!otherwise the image uploader is a lot quicker and overall seems quicker to load a listing so i am pretty happy.

2nd one is sorted now

neil

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE

wayjen

I did a search on my items using the word "army" and I get an abortion of note. Where it used to show all open items with the reference "army" in it and then closed items it now shows everything in some sort of order on BoB IT will understand and even when a "closed" item comes up I have to double check because said item is in fact still open.

Jacques Kuun
When I select “Auction”, I first get to the “Select a Category Page”. It then allows me to move on to “Create Your Listing”.

Thanks a lot to BoB.

This is no more…

Keep well and regards

Jacques

admin
Thanks a lot to BoB.

This is no more…

Keep well and regards

Jacques

I still have to do it that way :wondering:

voldermort
Thanks a lot to BoB.

This is no more…

Keep well and regards

Jacques

Jacques, it really is still there, on both Buy Nows & Auctions.

Jacques Kuun

Hello Samantha

Yes, it is still there, but now it goes automatically (and in a split second) on to the “Main” selling page as I select the last option - almost just like another field opening. Previously I had to wait for the next page to load (my Vinnige Telkom ADSL is getting slower and slower as the winter sets in).

Keep well and regards

Jacques

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Hello Samantha

Yes, it is still there, but now it goes automatically (and in a split second) on to the “Main” selling page as I select the last option - almost just like another field opening. Previously I had to wait for the next page to load (my Vinnige Telkom ADSL is getting slower and slower as the winter sets in).

Keep well and regards

Jacques

I see there is someone reading and taking note of these requests-thank you BOB.

regards neil

alloway65

Peviously I had to wait for the next page to load (my Vinnige Telkom ADSL is getting slower and slower as the winter sets in).

I have MWEB ADSL and it is exceptionally slow at the moment especially when searching on BoB!