Sign in to follow this  
MacMuffin

New listing page

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

As you will have noticed, we have released the new trade-creation page. You will notice a few enhancements:

• Streamlined UI which now has better on-screen error handling and works now also well on mobile devices
  • Image upload improved:
    • Clicking on the button, will allow you to upload the thumbnail
    • Clicking on the "down arrow" will allow you to select images from your gallery or to paste an external image link

[*]Added "Shipping Quick Create" for new sellers, to quickly set up common shipping options

[*]Enhancement fees are calculated on the fly

[*]Listing duration has changed to a date-picker and honors the listing duration (i.e. 32 days for buy nows)

[*]Added "Quick Create A Prompt" to add a new prompt on the fly

We fixed some minor bugs earlier on, but everything should be fully functional now. Please post any issues in this thread.

voldermort    10
voldermort

Thank you for sorting out the shipping charges issue :bigsmile:

At the risk of being a proverbial pain in the you know where I now have a new problem - when creating a new ad I have always included my thumbnail in the body of the ad as well as being the main image, after working on the description & secondary images I would copy & paste the main image as per this screenshot:

Ads.jpg.aa3bda6d03eb23265c9a06055694aec9.jpg

However I now no longer seem able to do this as once doing the description & secondary images there is no option at all to copy & paste for the main image (thumbnail) if you are wanting to have it in the body of the ad as well - the only way that you seem able to do this is if you upload the main image twice as per screenshot:

Ads2.jpg.19726be3da0d70b0444d9637a8fecd81.jpg

Or am I missing something?

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

@voldermort: Once you have uploaded the thumbnail, you will click in on the picture icon in the editor and then click on "Gallery" and select your image.

Some newer browsers (i.e. Firefox, Chrome, Safari) also allow you to drag the thumbnail preview image into the text-area of the editor.

Asha Craft Jewellery    10
Asha Craft Jewellery

Right click on your new thumbnail, and choose "copy image location". Then paste it in the image editor in your listing :) I do the same thing and it works perfectly!

Edited by Asha Craft Jewellery
TYPO

Asha Craft Jewellery    10
Asha Craft Jewellery
Some newer browsers (i.e. Firefox, Chrome, Safari) also allow you to drag the thumbnail preview image into the text-area of the editor.

Me likey likey!

For pete's sake Mac... DONT CHANGE ANYTHING! lol ;) For once I actually love the new changes.

Could you perhaps make the text view wider for the Title? I have long descriptions... :bigsmile:

voldermort    10
voldermort
Right click on your new thumbnail, and choose "copy image location". Then paste it in the image editor in your listing :) I do the same thing and it works perfectly!

Excellent, just tried it & it works perfectly - thank you :bigsmile:

wayjen    10
wayjen

ha ha ha 500 error report when trying to list an item.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE
ha ha ha 500 error report when trying to list an item.

I cannot get past the 2nd create a listing tab-just stays there as if dead-does not go further???

neil

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

I am so afraid to go sleep at night.... wake up and my entire BoB 'world' is 'upside down' (changed). :bigsmile:

Seriously, it 'looks' good; streamlined and effecient without being too 'busy'. Guess I'll go see if I can find my way around the new 'playground'.

Ruthie

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE
I cannot get past the 2nd create a listing tab-just stays there as if dead-does not go further???

neil

OK-Stupid me-did not advance the categories-shows how even experience sellers with 13 000 listings can get thrown by something new-looks ok but will take longer for single listings now!!

NEIL

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Ok....tried above and cannot change pic in text. Image dohinky opens....and freezes. Can't even click x to close. Have to use back arrow to get out. Uh....(gulp) help.

Ruthie

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

For the rest of the day, we are returning to the old look, we found a few bugs we need to work on - thanks for the feedback so far.

alloway65    10
alloway65

I have had no problems at all......oh I know why.......I have not done any new listings!:embarrest:

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

I can drag the image down into the description area but it is very small. How do I enlarge it?

alloway65    10
alloway65

To put it mildly....FLIP....What a chore it is to list and very very time consuming..........as my Grandson would say..........."ME NO LIKE"!!!:oh:

geewhizz    20
geewhizz
I can drag the image down into the description area but it is very small. How do I enlarge it?

Not to worry. This computer illiterate managed to work it out.:rolleyes:

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

New listing page is amazing, as is the new image uploader.

We are listing items at a much faster pace!!!

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
New listing page is amazing, as is the new image uploader.

We are listing items at a much faster pace!!!

We are happy to hear that. @allow65 what do you mean by "what a chore it is to list?" - we feel that the new listing page provides a few improvements to work through listings quicker. As an alternative, you can also use the picklist/bulkload to upload CSVs with the trades.

alloway65    10
alloway65
We are happy to hear that. @allow65 what do you mean by "what a chore it is to list?" - we feel that the new listing page provides a few improvements to work through listings quicker. As an alternative, you can also use the picklist/bulkload to upload CSVs with the trades.

Now I am used to the new format I am very happy with it.:smile: But I do understand if one has numerous shipping options it can be a bit more complicated.:unsure:

I must say I have not tried to understand the picklist/bulkload options as yet....but I don't list so much.:embarrest:

voldermort    10
voldermort

Yes, placing new ads is definitely quicker however what I have found is when relisting an item, once updated there are various options available re: viewing the ad etc but no option to return to My Bid Or Buy - you have to go down to the bottom of the page (left bottom) to be able to do this, see screenshot:

Relisting.JPG.3a4d091485c2a43a6a000d2a39158f7c.JPG

perhaps this option next to the others would be viable?

Edited by voldermort

EWAAN Galleries    10
EWAAN Galleries
Yes, placing new ads is definitely quicker however what I have found is when relisting an item, once updated there are various options available re: viewing the ad etc but no option to return to My Bid Or Buy - you have to go down to the bottom of the page (left bottom) to be able to do this, see screenshot:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3313[/ATTACH]

perhaps this option next to the others would be viable?

Hi

Great work so far...

Please sort our date issue. When go to open with winning bids has too many pages and....the old view of open with bids was much better to work with.

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

I was listing some coins when I realized I had listed them under "Union of South Africa" instead of "Republic of South Africa"

I could not change the category but had to start the listing all over again.

The images all go under each other and not side by side.

It is always a good idea to show a defect on a coin or any item by having images side by side or even having the back and front of an item side by side.

The HTML gives us the option to choose where we want an image but it does not work with this new listing page.

wayjen    10
wayjen

How is it possible that an item is "closed" yet has 3 listing remaining? I can understand that it can be closed on a certain day but open for the following week but if I do a search on my items the articles are closed yet still have listings remaining. Trying to find closed items for relisting is a nightmare now. I have put 100 items on my pick list for relisting and at one stage I could relist in one go but now, because of the changes, I have to search for each and everyone individually to see what the status is.

The dates, on the search page, run as a default from April to June yet the items in question say "closed" with three relisting remaining and the date is April, something is wrong.

Edited by wayjen

voldermort    10
voldermort

It is also not "holding the date memory" eg: if I am relisting items that are closing on 22 May I will put the date on top 22 May to 22 June & hit "search again", then go have a smoke while it "processes", it will then come back with these items but the minute I relist & update one item it will revert back to the default date, namely today. This is seriously defeating the purpose as I am using the date option to make relisting go quicker (& no matter what anybody says relisting with this new look takes forever as the "processing" processes very slowly & takes quite a while to upload my pages), For me at least this is an issue as we now only have an option to go 2 pages at a time into "items open" & what used to take maybe 30mins daily is now taking me close on 2 hours.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Yes it is not holding the dates. It is worse then ever and by relisting items that the site says is closed I fear now I am duplicating already open listings.