Sign in to follow this  
jphotography

Can someone sell a 2nd hand GHD on BOB

mrmouse
Lifetime warranty? I bought mine and it is registered with GHD and all and I do not have a lifetime warranty?

If I am not mistaken the only reason why one cannot sell a GHD on bob is because of the fact that there are many grey ones in the country, and GHD does not want them to be sold?

I would say its more like trying to keep it in salons only ? in this day and age ,( speaking from a service centre point of view ) many items are made in the same factorys and rebranded , I use generic parts in many products , ( why you ask ?) many of the generic parts are superior in quality to the original part .

I would still like to see a court case where GHD won because someone sold a product of theirs without their consent etc .

geldenhuys1
Personally I think that these items not being sold on BoB is good riddence to bad rubbish. I have on occasion had to repair the cheaper GHD's and have opened up the expensive one as well, They are THE SAME inside, they work the same, have the same components and the end result is the same. The only real difference is the packaging and the price. How they can justify R5000.00 for a product that has exactly R180.00 rands worth of electronics inside is beyond me. And to those who have spent that kind of money on this rip-off product, the cheap supermarket version is exactly the same, don't waste your hard earned cash on a product that is not worth the price you would pay for it.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I do not want to step on any tows and I’m not using a GHD but my wife have one. She also had the cheaper (not that cheap) and I just asked her and she says it’s like day and night. She does not want anything else.

Edited by geldenhuys1

mrmouse
I do not want to step on any tows and I’m notusing a GHD but my wife have one. She also had the cheaper (not that cheap) andI just asked her and she says it’s like day and night. She does not wantanything else.

im certainly not knocking the quality , ive never seen nor used one , at the price , it should be good , they have obviously spent huge amounts on protecting the product and its their right to sign you into a contract , I still wonder if its ever been tested in a court of law , i certainly wouldntbuy a product with all nthat red tape surrounding it .

jphotography
I do not want to step on any tows and I’m not using a GHD but my wife have one. She also had the cheaper (not that cheap) and I just asked her and she says it’s like day and night. She does not want anything else.

I agree, I have bought 2 different makes and both broke and then I decided to go big and buy the GHD never looked back, mine is now 5 years old and I use it at least 4 times a week, and my daughter use is aswell.

Heat is distributed also more evenly over the plates.

qball

The problem with the GHDs was not due to grey imports but the abundance of counterfeit GHD products.

mrmouse
The problem with the GHDs was not due to grey imports but the abundance of counterfeit GHD products.

The director of Rolex once said, if someone spends money on copying an item it means the original is worth every cent you pay for it.

svw
The director of Rolex once said, if someone spends money on copying an item it means the original is worth every cent you pay for it.

Had someone try and sell me a pair of Ray Bans in the car park a few days back - his sales pitch " Only R20 - genuine Ray Ban fake "