Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Finding Duplicate Items?

wayjen

How do I find duplicated items if all items have different codes?

Jongleur

They look the same.

wayjen

Jongleur or as they say in engrish Young Ladder (my spelling might not be too delicious), after listing almost 4400 items on Bob, they ALL look the same to me.

Jongleur
Jongleur or as they say in engrish Young Ladder (my spelling might not be too delicious), after listing almost 4400 items on Bob, they ALL look the same to me.

Your Engrish is bad but your French is worse.

Jongleur is French - minstrel, poet, entertainer. Also a famous horse.

4400 items. I`m impressed. Wanna sneak a fake donkey in somewhere? Now there`s a listing you

can have fun with. Something you found in your trolley after walking through the Free State after

watching WP win a game up North somewhere. And we all know that was a looong time ago.

No -one will dispute such provenance.

MacMuffin

What is duplicate about it? The only option I could help with is to email you a CSV of your open listings (provided that by means of duplicate title, product code etc you will be able to identify the duplicate ones).

Forgot to mention: If you look at your Listing page (http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/seller/Listings.jsp), you can sort by product code or title and will be able to find the duplicate ones too - i.e. 65054483 and 65368328.

Edited by MacMuffin

wayjen

Morning Mac, I often come across 2 items I have listed twice but only have 1 on auction. Sometimes I relist items I think have expired yet down the line I see that it is still active. The worse is when I sell something then get another bid down the line and have to delete the bid.

I want to try and find those double listings so I can delete them but with all the auctions it becomes a problem.

Thanks Mac, I deleted the one listing and that is what I am talking about.

wayjen
Your Engrish is bad but your French is worse.

Jongleur is French - minstrel, poet, entertainer. Also a famous horse.

4400 items. I`m impressed. Wanna sneak a fake donkey in somewhere? Now there`s a listing you

can have fun with. Something you found in your trolley after walking through the Free State after

watching WP win a game up North somewhere. And we all know that was a looong time ago.

No -one will dispute such provenance.

I have a donkey somewhere here, I will see if I still have it in my pictures and post it for you.

wayjen

here we go My Young French ladder, a picture sculptured by my own two feet.

IMAGE_006..jpg.83fffbc9c1fcb09824af144bc9e4afff.jpg

Edited by wayjen

Jongleur
here we go My Young French ladder, a picture sculpture with my own feet.

Stunning.

lilythepink

I have the same problem every once in a while as Wayne does. I suppose one just has to scan through one's items once updating or relisting them?

wayjen

I just found 2 now whilst going page by page but it's time consuming and I an bound to miss some.

alloway65

I have the same problem with about 120 listings, if I had 4000 listings I would not even try!!!!:confused:

wayjen
I have the same problem with about 120 listings, if I had 4000 listings I would not even try!!!!:confused:

My listings are a mess and it's my own fault because we we started in 2009 it was nice and organised and now it's a nightmare and I want to sort it out.

alloway65
My listings are a mess and it's my own fault because we we started in 2009 it was nice and organised and now it's a nightmare and I want to sort it out.

Yes, I suppose it can easily get out of hand with such a volume.

I must have over 6000 items I could list, coins, stamps and gemstones etc but I know I will never get there...BoB for me is a retirement hobby not a penance!!!!!

Tried Mac's tip but could not see how to sort by Title etc, the drop down boxes did not give me this option....I must be getting Old!!!!:confused:

MsPlod
The only option I could help with is to email you a CSV of your open listings (provided that by means of duplicate title, product code etc you will be able to identify the duplicate ones).

Wayne, are you using the CSV file to check through? You can save the CSV as an excel file and then use various filters and / or sorting functions to check for duplicates. Much faster than running through checking "by eye".

Please don't let this become a thread about glass eyes... LOL!

wayjen

I hear you!

Maybe I find out I only have 2200 items in fact on the site and the rest are duplicates, who knows.

wayjen
Wayne, are you using the CSV file to check through? You can save the CSV as an excel file and then use various filters and / or sorting functions to check for duplicates. Much faster than running through checking "by eye".

Well WPCPlod, funny you should mention it, I thought the glass eye had a floor in it so returned it only to be told it was not in straight and was facing to MY floor, live and learn it seems.

I have not received the list yet from Mac.

Please Mac when you have a moment!!

MsPlod
Well WPCPlod, funny you should mention it, I thought the glass eye had a floor in it so returned it only to be told it was not in straight and was facing to MY floor, live and learn it seems.

Eye am FLAWED!! bwah hah hah...

mellowred

I certainly don't envy you the task Wayne.

Had a problem when I had 100 items listed. Also sorted it out with an excel sheet, but 4,000 ++ items ... good luck and load up on the sugar before you attempt it.

wayjen

I was gonna try another method, that of going to my listings and under each category go through the items on auction but i can't find that link anymore.

MsPlod
wayjen

svw

Shhhhhhhhhhh.................... no one has even dared mention the glass eye yet.............you must be feeling very brave!!!!!!

wayjen
Shhhhhhhhhhh.................... no one has even dared mention the glass eye yet.............you must be feeling very brave!!!!!!

Go look at post #17

MsPlod
...now be a Dear and go look for more.

Like these?

Other Antiques & Collectables - PHILISHAVE BATTERY SHAVER. BATTERY PART NOT WORKING BUT IT CAN WORK WITH ELECTRICITY. for sale in Cape Town (ID:65113369)

Other Antiques & Collectables - PHILISHAVE BATTERY SHAVER. BATTERY PART NOT WORKING BUT IT CAN WORK WITH ELECTRICITY. for sale in Cape Town (ID:65576501)

You really need the CSV file Wayne! the dups have the same product code, it would really save you time to work with the listings on Excel! If you get the CSV and need a hand - let me know (i.e. if you aren't confident with the filtering functions on excel).

Edited by MsPlod
schpelling