Sign in to follow this  
KAIZER SA

Heritage auction win lost~anyone else in the same boat?

Guest Guest

Hi Georg

My missing Mandela slabbed pieces eventually arrived yesterday after being "lost in post" for over eight weeks. (See my earlier post).

From the tracking number it appears they were stuck at Jan Smuts Handling.

Kind regards

Scott Balson

geejay50

Hi Scott,

Postal delay is not the same as courier theft.

If what Indran says is true. Where are the exact details now that 14 months have past (enough time for investigation). Identity of courier, waybill number,denominations,years, grades and serial numbers of coins lost so that we can watch out for these in this small market. It is not enough to make allegations and not follow up with facts.

Thats why I suspect an ulterior motive

Fair is fair

Geejay

KAIZER SA

hi ,

courier used UPS

item kaalpond with rim ngc number 3154086-010,it looks uncirculated.

international tracer lost report filed tru their offices in Italy.

details>

shipment declared missing after arrival in ZA

stopped by customs

last location scan at the gateway iwsshelf 29/01/2009

cannot be located,security camera's checked

negative results.

it is clear in heritage shipping instructions>upon delivery to your selected carrier,the RISK OF LOSS will be borne to you.WE are unable to extend its insurance to the transits and you will have to provide insurance,if you select.

Heritage where kind enough to refund the shipping cost in the loss.

i DO NOT like your insinuations and EVIL thought processes.!

i say>

Be merry, good luck,bid internationally,win,and get your international deliveries sorted out properly and get your wins safe in hand.thats my wish for you.

LOL, the shenanigans on this forum,

i am going back now into retirement from it.

BYE

geejay50

Indran,

I sent a parcel of coins worth over R30,000 by Fedex last year to someone in this country who then three weeks later denied receipt implying Ferdex failure and my liability. After hard copy of waybill and speaking personally to the person who signed for the collection and handed the parcel to this person, he accepted that now he had received this parcel. That person is still very active in our market.

Courier services are usually very reliable and their failure is serious and not the subject for LOL. I asked for the waybill number too - that is always the starting point of any complaint. I see you do not offer it. I will approach UPS personally and give feedback with this number in hand.

Dont take it personally and I will be very very happy to be wrong and will apologise if so but I just do not know who to trust anymore if anybody? please accept my basic good intentions.

We were very aggressive when postal theft was rife two years ago and we lost far more than just a Blankpond as you know. That has improved somewhat but there is no room for complacency or giving up on the crooks.

We need a list of stolen coins and their serial numbers to conquer the criminals and their buyers. Such lists do exist overseas.

Geejay

KAIZER SA

George

you as an astute seller on bob do not have the right to go around pointing fingers at others without facts, or drawing others into the fray because of an experience you had.

if you in fact had a problem with someone else in the market,name that person on this forum,give the tracking number or whatever details you want.

when i made my posting over a year ago, it was to warn others of the loss, and for others to identify a problem.

i mind my own business and you do not need to get involved in it..ie fight my battles.

Out of goodwill ,i furnished on a public forum adequate details..item kaalpond with rim ngc number 3154086-010

if anyone finds it,contact me and i will take matters from there.

signing off

indran

qball

Please ensure posts are not personal or confrontational, or the thread will be locked.

Thank you

Cuan

BluePlanet

Hi

I had a package lost by Fedex about a year ago . It disappeared while still in Fedex hands . I sufferred quite a loss as Fedex completely washed their hands of it and said not insured , we will not pay out . Even though they do not offer insurance on coins .

I even spoke to one of their directors who was very arrogant and not in the least apologetic even though it was lost while in their possesion , not customs or anyone else . Up until then I had used Fedex as although more expensive I believed they were more reliable . So I would advise anyone if they really want to send coins out of the country , make sure it is with a company that will offer insurance .