Sign in to follow this  
KAIZER SA

Heritage auction win lost~anyone else in the same boat?

alloway65

I have found with Coin orders from the USA under R1500.00 the courier delivers direct to my door without going through customs.:)

eZethu Coins
Letters and packages excluded!

To be honest since I got involved on BoB with sending and receiving nearly 1000 packages....only two have been lost!

I even received a package 4 months after it was sent...had received a replacement by then and had to return it!!!:rolleyes:

I have to agree, but the last two unfortunately was to the same buyer - the one that get's distracted by bunnies - but guess what - I got a positive rating for the whole incident. The last one was delivered on a Saturday by Speed Services - they must have felt a bit of pressure from my phone calls and quickly found the parcel.

wayjen

i know nothing about coins or stamps for that matter and don't want to work with those 2 items but can someone explain to me how it is possible that you coin dealers can get your hands on new coins that have not even hit the streets yet?

alloway65

Pressuring the PO works and in my case the Postmaster...worked.

In business we all have problems...it is how one handles the problem that counts.

My problem is at the moment is that other people bid against me.......poor me!!!!;)

eZethu Coins
i know nothing about coins or stamps for that matter and don't want to work with those 2 items but can someone explain to me how it is possible that you coin dealers can get your hands on new coins that have not even hit the streets yet?

Coins come from 1 place - the mint - so we buy from the mint. I got my proof R1, combo set (R2 & 2.5c) and the 2010 R5-5c proof set today - I'm like a boy with a new toy:p

wayjen

ha ha ha ok i had no idea you can actually do that i can imagine it must be like a kid waiting for that new toy to come on the shelf.

BumbleBee
ha ha ha ok i had no idea you can actually do that i can imagine it must be like a kid waiting for that new toy to come on the shelf.

You have no idea! :D

wayjen

i told my wife about this and we ended up scratching our heads cause we don't even know where a Mint is in our country. so you actually walk into the mint and buy a coin? do they have a shop where you buy the coins and do you pay like R5 for a R5 coin or what?

This is so fascinating to me now.

do you do the same with stamps? who prints stamps?

BumbleBee

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank Renaldo at e'Zethu Coins for his outstanding service. This guy is amazing. I told him shortly after realising that the first parcel was missing to leave it, they were only cheap coins and didn't even add up to R100 including the postage, but here we are and he still has not let it go!:eek:

Last week another order from him almost went missing, he sent me a speed services package on Tuesday that only eventually arrived here on Saturday, I don't know how many phone calls he made to the PO but that parcel didn't stand any chance of going missing. :D

Once again, thank you very much Renaldo, you have more than earned my respect and I will continue to buy from you even though you jinx my parcels ;)

BumbleBee
i told my wife about this and we ended up scratching our heads cause we don't even know where a Mint is in our country. so you actually walk into the mint and buy a coin? do they have a shop where you buy the coins and do you pay like R5 for a R5 coin or what?

you can buy stamps from the guys that "deliver whatever it takes" :D

wayjen

who SCOOTERS??????

ha ha ha ok i get the picture.

eZethu Coins
I would just like to take this opportunity to thank Renaldo at e'Zethu Coins for his outstanding service. This guy is amazing. I told him shortly after realising that the first parcel was missing to leave it, they were only cheap coins and didn't even add up to R100 including the postage, but here we are and he still has not let it go!:eek:

Last week another order from him almost went missing, he sent me a speed services package on Tuesday that only eventually arrived here on Saturday, I don't know how many phone calls he made to the PO but that parcel didn't stand any chance of going missing. :D

Once again, thank you very much Renaldo, you have more than earned my respect and I will continue to buy from you even though you jinx my parcels ;)

It is the puppy mate - when people see the puppy, their harts just melt and they all seem to want to please me

http://www.los-angeles-injury-lawyer-blog.com/Dog_attack2.jpg

BumbleBee

Flippit, remind me never to p1ss you off :eek:

eZethu Coins

Thanks for those kind words Stephen - now please buy something more expensive - the PO guys are refusing to take parcels for you anymore - they say it is not worth the effort anymore to steal them :D and apparently some of them don't like dogs

eZethu Coins

Not really - we buy proof, UNC & special coins from the Mint. Drop me a PM and I'll send you the current order forms and contact details of a STAR person on that side to deal with.

eZethu Coins
Flippit, remind me never to p1ss you off :eek:

She is the runt of the litter - very sweet placid little thing - not aggressive like her big brother :rolleyes:

geejay50
hi All

My heritage auction win is either stolen or lost by very well known courier company. POOF...disappeared...

would like to know if anyone else is in the same boat as me? maybe there is some criminal syndicate going on in this company ?so i just want to find out if anyone else has same problems?

i am tired of international shipping risks.things will never come right.

regards

indran

Hi Indran,

Heritage is a massive Auction house, possibly the biggest in the world and they have a so called "Release Authorisation Form" which I have a copy of on File and can email it to you. In that form there is a place to nominate the Courier of your choice and his particulars. They do not force you to take one of their nominated Couriers. You do have that choice and I have previously nominated my own Company to fetch the parcel in my importations without loss.

They even are paying half the VAT I was charged at the South African end in error because of not clearly indicating that the contents were old SA coins. I think this forum needs to know this.

Georg

wayjen
Not really - we buy proof, UNC & special coins from the Mint. Drop me a PM and I'll send you the current order forms and contact details of a STAR person on that side to deal with.

ok cool this is the first time i hear about this type of thing and i am just curious how the whole setup works. i still find it amazing that a person can walk in "off the street" and buy a new coin from a mint.

what stops the people at the mint doing this themselves or do they also buy these coins?

will send a pm now.

thanks all for this fascinating look into coins.

Rare NotesCoins

Hi. All the staff that works at the Mint Coin shop, have got a few items that they collect. But they are not serious collectors. The one lady is a very sweet girl and will go out of her way to help you (Maritza). You can buy anything on her list and then some things that are not on. (Exl Oom Paul R5) To phone them is quite a mission so when ever you are in Centurion, give me a call and I will take you to them and introduce them to you.

It makes collecting " New " coins such a pleasure when you work with them. I see them allot as Im 3 minutes away from the Mint. Evn the designer of the coins has given me an open invatation to come and chat to her if I have some time.

Bottom line. Experience it and you will love it

wayjen

ok thanks Rare NotesCoins will keep that in mind.

the closes i got to a mint was visiting a gold mine in my youth and seeing them make a gold bar.

it also seems a risky business when you buy and sell coins or stamps from what i can gather from your experiences but also the variables involved in getting your stuff on the market. what surprised us was that when we took a chance selling some coins here on BoB that basically came out of a ticky pocket, they actually sold for double the value and i think that has sparked our interest in coins although i have always said to my wife that i don't want to get involved with coins/stamps as it's way too much work and i would need to go have a nap afterwards.

BumbleBee

t i have always said to my wife that i don't want to get involved with coins/stamps as it's way too much work and i would need to go have a nap afterwards.

Coins = Fun :D

Stamps = Hard work :eek:

wayjen

ha ha ha i agree

when i lick a stamp i get hungry but if i have a coin i can buy food.

ECONOZONE

That was smart wayjen.

wayjen
That was smart wayjen.

what can i say? :P

geejay50

Whose to say that people fabricate a story about Fedex stealing coins in the warehouse and make everybody scared to bid at Heritage (no-one likes competition) and then those same people have a better price to pay at the same auction to come??? Prove me wrong please !!

Geejay