Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Miss Jewels

Personal Attack via the Q & A section

14 posts in this topic

I received 2 "attacks" via the Q & A section from 2 (?) sellers today. Mom and (?) daughter. I have not yet answered the questions so the forum members will not yet be able to see it.

I have been indirectly accused of possibly reporting them or discussing them on the forum for excessive postage costs.

Firstly complainant, thank you for taking time to view my items and thereby being able to compare my prices to yours.

Secondly, if you have a problem with possibly being discussed on the forum, why no join in the discussion like an adult and set the facts straight.

Thirdly, I do not need to hide behind my daughters' account if I want to discuss something. I also do not use both my name and hers under the questions section just to try and make a point

Fourthly, you are not the only person with excessive postage charges, but if the shoe fits...........

I would like some imput from other forum members as to whether I should make the "attacks" public by answering the questions and posting a link to them. because to say the least, I am NOT impressed with this attitude from the seller.

This "attack" I surmise, relates to this thread : http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/buying-bidorbuy/16633-choosing-south-africa-listings.html

Winnie, I have now really given you something to discuss. Please join the forum and air your views and opinions! And as an afterthought too, like you stated, and I quote (off course if you wernt referring to me sorry for the mistaken comments i made but do things above board) unquote, I prefer not to accept your apology :evil:as I have nothing to hide and have only traded on BoB "above board". The forum is there for all...those who prefer not to join in discussions and only observe is their own issue....don't attempt to backstab!

Edited by Miss Jewels

I think they should be named and shamed. Miss Jewels has an impeccable reputation and to "get" at you in this fashion stinks! Perhaps they are both green people? Green with envy!? And if they don't like what is posted on the forum by you or anyone else, why don't they come to the forum and defend themselves. Only cowards sneak around!

Actually, I wouldn't hesitate to refer the matter to CW rather than putting their names out in public now. That would be the best thing to do. Contact Admin directly or send him a PM.

I am so sad that something like this has happened to you!

MJ personally I would not answer any of the questions until phoning BoB on Monday & telling them what is going on. Remember sometimes people will purposely use the Q&A section, not asking any question at all but rather submitting one to their opinions,in the hope that we do answer these attacks/opinions & end up making our ads look like utter rubbish.

Miss Jewels, I think they should be NAMED and SHAMED! It reminds me of the old saying: Jealousy makes you nasty!

Tell them you'll come back to them, on the Q & A, we also want to see.

Please don't let them upset you! They are not worth it!

Edited by MiemsJewels

What I find particularly fascinating is that this trader's name comes up time and again - for all sorts of different things. Last time I remember it was for misrepresentation of some of her products.

Her shipping - for the R1 specials - is particularly telling:

[TABLE=class: item_shipping_table]

[TR]

[TD]Shipping method[/TD]

[TD]Shipping details[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]• Shipping South Africa only[/TD]

[TD=class: right]R250.00 for each item[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]• OUT OF SOUTH AFRICA - INC NAMIBIA/LESOTHO/SWAZILAND/BOTSWANA[/TD]

[TD=class: right]R300.00 for the first item

R250.00 each additional item[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

My understanding is that it costs rather a lot to send items from SA to other countries. So then why is it that only another R50 is added to the postage if the ring is coming in from abroad - only to be repackaged and sent to another country. Does not make sense to me, unless of course the rings are already IN this country - having arrived in bulk - average postal costs probably around R20 (or less) apiece. I am just asking? Most confused... Really.

Oh, and another thing, why on earth would this trader, who has been selling since 2007 - and who has sold over 2,300 items - only have a total of 919 ratings for selling things. Either there are many, many SNCs involved OR something a little more interesting is going on here.

Admin, BoB - methinks a little checking on this trader is necessary...

Her shipping - for the R1 specials - is particularly telling:

[TABLE=class: item_shipping_table]

[TR]

[TD]Shipping method[/TD]

[TD]Shipping details[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]• Shipping South Africa only[/TD]

[TD=class: right]R250.00 for each item[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]• OUT OF SOUTH AFRICA - INC NAMIBIA/LESOTHO/SWAZILAND/BOTSWANA[/TD]

[TD=class: right]R300.00 for the first item

R250.00 each additional item

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

GOOD GRIEF!!!

And I managed to send a heavy parcel of magazines (about 16 kg) to Namibia for about R265.00! What is she sending with her jewellery? An elephant?

Chin up Miss Jewels - people like those are not worth the energy spent on even reading their nonsense!

They are simply energy vampires who get a cheap thrill out of upsetting others and draining them of all their energy. Just do what you have to (ie reporting to BoB) and leave the rest to the powers that be - even if that is Karma herself!

As Lily has said - green with envy! Let them wallow in their own swamp water with their own kind (and mozzies to boot)!

PS. In this "game" reputation is what carries you through - and quality of course - and from what I've seen, you have nothing to worry about! You are a shining star on BoB - these individuals are nothing by comparison!

Thanks all for your valued imput. The original thread which started this was about a certain seller, but not this one. So now as the saying goes...if the shoe fits....

I will certainly not lower myself to this sellers standards and will continue to strive to carry my good reputation forward.

Thank you all once again.

I think they've also just given their own game away! I think the mother and daughter is one and the same person:grin:. The 2nd person to remark on what they sell compared to what I sell does not have any ratings from buyers, nor do they have anything listed...karma is a B..itch!:sneaky:

Admin....?

MJ personally I would not answer any of the questions until phoning BoB on Monday & telling them what is going on. Remember sometimes people will purposely use the Q&A section, not asking any question at all but rather submitting one to their opinions,in the hope that we do answer these attacks/opinions & end up making our ads look like utter rubbish.

My experience has taught me not to make this sort of thing public, but rather to report it to management such as Andries, he helped me when I was being attacked through Q&A. I refuse to stoop to the level of the attacker by responding in any way.

I added a key to my keyboard. When pushed, it doesn't open a new window, erase typos, make lower case letters upper case or.... It is my 'ignore' key.

panicbutton2.jpg.4264669525ab95f742a0a2426cbc50db.jpg

Instructions: Press; repeat as often as needed.

Miss Jewels... 'shine 'em on'. Wasting valuable time, effort and energy on people like this isn't worth 'a spit in the wind'. Like weeds in the garden, if you feed 'em (answer), they will 'grow' (keep trying to get 'one up' on you by using Q&A for another comment).

Best to let them just 'sit 'n spin'... and refer it to BoB.

Ruthie

Miss J you just keep it civil. I fear that if they do come to the forum, there will be to many other forum friends rooting for you for it to be an impartial discussion.

I check the box next to the question and click "delete messages" woops and they are gone!! Why must i assist stupid comments on my listings?

If she is shipping a flippin caravan then sure...but c'mon...that is just abuse of this site! If I was guilty of this I would keep a low profile & mend my ways...not attack a legitimate query on the forum?!