Sign in to follow this  
InfiIT

Promoting your business online

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

How about promoting your business legally - not on this forum?

Other Business, Farming & Industry - Advertising Space for sale in Durban (ID:65114422)

Advertising space for sale, how would you like to promote your business with all emails that are read on our mail client.

Bid now for a week long advert which will be read by people sending and receiving email on our webmail client

Go away - please:mad:

Adminnnnnnnnn...

wayjen    10
wayjen

Ras!!!......

admin    0
admin

Play nice folks, one is allowed to post a link to an item of yours listed on bidorbuy, within reason. Soliciting, when it is not listed, is not allowed and when it turns to spamming. :wink:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

This blatant advertising on the forum spoils the whole forum experience! If everyone started doing it can you imagine what it would be like here? And if one is allowed to do it then everyone should be allowed to do it.

admin    0
admin
And if one is allowed to do it then everyone should be allowed to do it.

Everyone is, most people have, and it is not the first time I posted the exact same reply and I do monitor it so it does not turn into spamming. :confused:

Should I start removing links to sellers items in their signature :twisted:

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

They visited our offices the other week to try sell us a package.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I don't think signatures count as blatant advertising as we all know about them. If we want to see them, we can.

However, a special thread on this forum about a seller promoting his/her specific items does seem to go a bit far? What do others think? If I open a post on the forum, I don't expect to see someone's advertising their own goods.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
Play nice folks, one is allowed to post a link to an item of yours listed on bidorbuy, within reason. Soliciting, when it is not listed, is not allowed and when it turns to spamming. :wink:

Apologies Admin... just looked so much like the usual spam, didn't even bother to look at the web page.

A suggestion to InfilT - if you want to advertise on the forum, get around to chatting a little - make some sense, have some fun, get to be known, and use your web page as your signature. Advertising as a first post is a bit like walking up to a complete stranger at a party and telling them to buy your car, without first finding out whether they are looking for one...

Edited by MsPlod
changed InFilt to InfilT - LOL!

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
everyone is, most people have, and it is not the first time i posted the exact same reply and i do monitor it so it does not turn into spamming. :confused:

Should i start removing links to sellers items in their signature :twisted:

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! dog.jpg.3cdf567565bb4ef27541fdf4d62c3bbd.jpg

InfiIT    10
InfiIT

Geez, take it easy guys, isn't this the "Business Opportunities" section of the forum? What i have listed is actually a listing to help businesses possibly boost their sales and it is a listing which is on BOB.

What exactly is everyone angry with me about?

InfiIT    10
InfiIT
Apologies Admin... just looked so much like the usual spam, didn't even bother to look at the web page.

A suggestion to InfilT - if you want to advertise on the forum, get around to chatting a little - make some sense, have some fun, get to be known, and use your web page as your signature. Advertising as a first post is a bit like walking up to a complete stranger at a party and telling them to buy your car, without first finding out whether they are looking for one...

Hahaha, nicely put, i understand why now :-D

You say: use my webpage as my signature? Is that allowed?

mellowred    10
mellowred

You can use your BoB sales page as a link to "my items", but you are not allowed to link to an external webpage.

InfiIT    10
InfiIT
You can use your BoB sales page as a link to "my items", but you are not allowed to link to an external webpage.

Thank You, I will do this :)

And I'm sorry if I stepped on toes, :P

InfiIT    10
InfiIT

Guys, Hi :)

How do i add in my signature? I cant find it :(

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Click on (near top of page) and select .

About half way down the page on the left - click on

Add whatever you want as your signature including the URL to your Trading page (i.e. Items for sale from InfiIT on bidorbuy.co.za)

Don't make your signature too long...

InfiIT    10
InfiIT

Success!!! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are a star

mellowred    10
mellowred
Guys, Hi :)

How do i add in my signature? I cant find it :(

You could have also just acted dumb and waited around until Mr Gunslinger did it for you. But you wanted to go the clever route and do it yourself ..... :toung: