Sign in to follow this  
Gem Shop

I need some help from other BOB users.

MsPlod
I do not dispute the service and I do apologise sincerely for making you feel bad. but there will not ever be another customer that will be treated this way...

I would also like to know how you how you changed your not so nice customers around as I am willing to learn and implement every good aspect I can so that every buyer here will get a positive experince from me

Way to go Johann! Wish you strength (for you will need it) and all the very best with your new found approach to trading. With the items you sell and the niche you have already carved for yourself you can go a very long way, with just this change in attitude.

Sterkte

mellowred

Sometimes it is also just human nature to become a bit arrogant when we are doing well. You have a lot of sales Johann, and possibly a small little voice was telling you you were King (pun intended).

The saying "what comes around goes around" is so very true, and now and again we need to be knocked down a peg or two just so that we can breath and see the road we are heading down.

Hat's off to you Johann - you have accepted and dealt with the criticism in a very calm and sincere manner. That has to be admired.

Wishing you a positive spirit and an end to the negative ratings.

Jongleur
Sometimes it is also just human nature to become a bit arrogant when we are doing well. You have a lot of sales Johann, and possibly a small little voice was telling you you were King (pun intended).

The saying "what comes around goes around" is so very true, and now and again we need to be knocked down a peg or two just so that we can breath and see the road we are heading down.

Hat's off to you Johann - you have accepted and dealt with the criticism in a very calm and sincere manner. That has to be admired.

Wishing you a positive spirit and an end to the negative ratings.

Wise words from Mellow.

Gem Shop

Again thank you to each and every one that contributed...if only I can get my customers to read one of the too many emails we send them.

MiemsJewels
Again thank you to each and every one that contributed...if only I can get my customers to read one of the too many emails we send them.

If they don't read it, enlarge it! like this!

MsPlod

Just an update...

When I came to my computer this morning - there were not one but two emails from Johann (admittedly in his inimicably gruff style LOL) seeking to address my issues.

Looking forward to equitable resolution Johann!

alloway65
Just an update...

there were not one but two emails from Johann (admittedly in his inimicably gruff style LOL) seeking to address my issues.

His posts on this thread were well written, so he should use the same style of writing when communicating with buyers!!!

ziggy2000

Hi Johann

I believe the trick is to treat every customer and his complaint individually but always in a respectful manner. As a rule, I never respond immediately to complaints but allow myself at least 1hr to think about it, this allows you time to cool down and to act objectively. Take the emotion out of responses, put yourself in your customer's shoes and think of how you would like to be treated and "spoken to" if you were the customer. NEVER accuse your customer of anything even though they might be in the wrong.

From what I can see, you do communicate with your customers but I agree with Miems that you are sending out too many messages and your messages are too long and drawn out, which I am sure results in customers not reading the whole message and missing important info (as happened to me when I bought from you last, you may recall?).

Try to eliminate spelling errors, otherwise it looks as if it was a rushed message and not enough time taken to respond to customers.

I hope the above helps? Good luck!

ziggy2000

Hi Johann

One more suggestion: When responding to negatives, stay clear of sarcasm and accusations. Apart from irking the complainant even more you are now creating a poor image of yourself to people who may not have bought from you, opening the door for them to also rate you negative. Keep it civil, respectful and to the point.

Fashion Police

Gosh, I've been paying R6 a meter - seriously! :amazed:

Where can I get this paper? Is it good quality? I find the bubble padded envelopes are also quite pricy, I use them a lot

(I'm referring to Miems comment "Brown paper's price is R5.49 - 7.99 for 8meter.")

MiemsJewels
Gosh, I've been paying R6 a meter - seriously! :amazed:

Where can I get this paper? Is it good quality? I find the bubble padded envelopes are also quite pricy, I use them a lot

(I'm referring to Miems comment "Brown paper's price is R5.49 - 7.99 for 8meter.")

Hi fashion Police, I bought it at Game. Ordinary price R7.99 for 8 meters. Special price R5.49. I'm allways hunting for bargains......LOL