Sign in to follow this  
Gem Shop

I need some help from other BOB users.

wayjen

Don't let the sales become too much that you start sliding downhill faster then you can recover and end up like a few other "forum friends" and have the law after you and also disappear into the wilderness.

mrmouse

I say the customer is allways right , no matter what you think he thinks different , thats the customer , working in the real world running a real business , you fight with your customers and disagree allthe time you will close youre doors , after more than 25 years in the real world with real customers ,I have loads of customers that I hate but I dont fight with them , if they say bend over , I bend over , they pay the bills and keep me in food and petrol , they get the service they pay for and come back because of that , disagrreeeee with one of them and tomorrow they are using someone else ,everything you or any other person on BoB sells is available somewhere else, I buy far more on EBay than on BoB , why , because of service , the sellers grovel for your business , thats the real world ,if I see a seller giving a buyer flack I pass on over to someone else, in my opinion sellers in SA are arrogant and think the world belongs to them , I have worked for many of the biggest companys in SA and during training one thing is allways hammered in The Customer Is King , (maybe not allways but should be ) can you imagine if PnP staff had to fight with every person returning a toaster .

You are essentially running a business on BoB act like a professional Store Manager .Listen to the people they are trying to tell you something .I also agree with Wayjen the ratings system needs a makeover and essentially means nothing .Going for a coffeeeeee now , just my two cents .

wayjen

If the customer is always right then we on BoB will be losing money left right and centre as most if not all our SNC's/disputes would be rejected.

Just my R1.00 due to inflation.

lilythepink

All advice given above is excellent. But I have to add that when I have bought from Gem Shop I haven't had any problems, except with the cost of postage which I knew before I bid! So I have no issue with Gem Shop at all.

mrmouse

Should be R1.20 by now .

wayjen

And on that postage note again, when do you report a Seller for postage, do you report them only if they DO NOT state what you are paying for when it comes to postage costs and do you NOT report them if their postage costs are set out in their T & C's?

wayjen
Should be R1.20 by now .

ha ha ha you telling me.

mellowred

When saying that the customer is NOT always right, I am by no means implying that you should not offer the best service nor bend over to help a client.

I'm a difficult client because I know that it is very possible to do things right and if they are not done right in a competent and friendly manner I'll complain, and if you don't fix it I'll go to your boss and then his boss and so on.

The lackadaisical service we get from suppliers and service providers drives me nuts and puts me in a fury.

But some clients are unreasonable and will push the limits trying to get more from you so that in the end they are just costing you money (in time and effort). There are a lot of greedy, unhappy people out there who want to make sure you do not "rip them off" (translates into "make a profit"). I'd rather spend my time doing a bit extra to brighten the nice clients day.

Some nice clients are also "difficult" clients in that they want little extras or like things a certain way. These I will go out of my way to help. In fact I love having them because they are a challenge and it is a great feeling of accomplishment when they smile and thank you.

It all comes back to the honesty issue. If something goes wrong ... just be honest ... and FIX it. All reasonable people can deal with that.

mellowred
And on that postage note again, when do you report a Seller for postage, do you report them only if they DO NOT state what you are paying for when it comes to postage costs and do you NOT report them if their postage costs are set out in their T & C's?

I don't think anyone is compelled to disclose how they arrive at their postage fees. But if the costs look excessive and they are not detailed (our R1 item + R1,000 postage sellers) then they should be reported because they are obviously setting out to rip you and BoB off.

wayjen
I don't think anyone is compelled to disclose how they arrive at their postage fees. But if the costs look excessive and they are not detailed (our R1 item + R1,000 postage sellers) then they should be reported because they are obviously setting out to rip you and BoB off.

Ok let's look at this thread now, how many people have said Gem Shop's postage is high then look at some of the listings and look at the wording because they say the postage is made up of admin and salaries etc, now is when is postage too high and when is it reasonable?

mellowred

If you can't afford it it is too high. If you can it's reasonable. :toung:

Edited by mellowred

voldermort

The postage costs have bn an issue on this forum for as long as I can remember - personally when buying an item I want to pay the correct postage costs, I do not want nor have I asked for the item to be wrapped in purple crepe paper (adding costs) I do not want nor have I asked for the item to be wrapped in Christmas paper (adding costs) I do not want nor have I asked you to handle my item wearing spotless white gloves (adding costs) etc etc I also am not interested in your admin fees, salary costs, handling fees etc, that is part of your own private business & as such should be added to the selling price of the item.

When I am looking to buy items quite frankly I just scroll right over the ads where I have to hear sob stories about handling, admin etc etc.

As a seller if I have eg: a book I am wanting to list, all my costs - right through from the sellotape needed to wrap the book down to the petrol needed to take me to the Post Office have to be added onto the selling price of the book - that way my postage costs can stay reasonable, and yet these same excuses for high postage always comes up - my petrol, my sellotape, my fingers that needed to bend to wrap the parcel :evil: not interested, charge reasonable postage costs & (as we know that some buyers do not read) you shall not have a buyer who immediately drops dead once they see the postage costs involved.

mrmouse

Thats the way it should be build it in absorb it , in the price keep mail as low as SAPO allows ,and you will benefit , I really really like that post Voldermort .I would buy from you , cut all the bull and keep it simple ,you will prosper in the end , ( Or be wiser )

mrmouse

I purchased an item from a lady a while back , when I recieved it , it had been sprayed and packaged in perfume , there was even a perfume scented little bag in the box , I nearly retched , the whole item and packaging went into the bin , simply to disgusting to even try and clean , but I rated the service as good , only because there wasnt a Disgusting button to push .

mrmouse

I complained about that lately , but not the initial postage cost , only the added item cost . I originally didnt see the minimum item is 2 I only wanted 1 , but good job I took 2 because one is broken .shot me in foot there , or P@#$%$# on me own battery .

Gem Shop

Firstly thank you for all the comments.

I note that some of you say that communication is a problem.

Here is the emails every buyer gets

1 The morning after the auction they get a than you email stating my terms and banking details.

2 When we get a payment this email gets send twice once on his direct email and once once via BOB

Thank You For Shopping with Gem shop

We want to inform you that we found Your Payment on our bank statement

Your Purchase will be shipped asap but please do note the lead times on the auctions (Last line on the auction)

Please Ensure your given adress on BoB is correct and up to date as your purchase will be shipped to the given adress.

If changes occur after you received this emails please notify us via E-Mail.

A Tracking Number will be sent to you upon shipment

We utilise the BOB email system so it will also appear on your order under : "Messages from seller"

Should you have any more questions please do not hesitate to email me. All emails will be answered within 24 hours of receipt

Regards

Johann

He also get rated with the following rating

good buyer 5 Star rating Your item will be shipped soon. Keep an eye on "messages from seller" on your order

When we shipped his item he gets the following email via the BOB system

Thanks again for shopping with gem shop!

This is your tracker no E mail .

We are pleased to inform you that your payment has been processed/received , You can track and trace your parcel on Friday 20 April 2012 after 5 pm .

We have sent your order with the Parcelplus service of the SA Post Office.

The parcel should be delivered within the next 3-10 working days to your nearest Post Office.

Please phone the Post Office / Speed service tracking information service at 0860 111 502 / 0860023133 to find out the tracking status of your parcel. The Post Office sometimes fails to send your parcel confirmation notice.

--> Your Parcel Tracking Number is:PA+++++++++++

--> IMPORTANT: Please make sure to collect your parcel within 30 days,

otherwise the Post Office will return it to us.

Please do not accept a parcel if it look as if it’s been damaged during shipping.

We appreciate your business and look forward to see you again soon Should you have any questions regarding your order, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Customer Service

Gem shop

Can you guys see my dilemma when a buyer rates me negative with a no communication remark?

About the shipping I do note the comments and I will check into it but surely a buyer should not complain about the shipping when he/she knew what it was going to be before making a bid. Surely by making the bid he/she agrees that the stated shipping was acceptable to them

I think Bob should not allow buyers to rate sellers negative because of this

I have also noted that there is buyers that was unhappy with the service

I do accept the fact that my service was not always the best and that we sometimes get it wrong but since the start of 2012 I have really been working hard at it all we ask from buyers is to give us a fair chance to rectify any problem thay might have before they rate us negative but unfortunately it just does not happen

babyface2 I have gone through my sales but cannot find a sale to you...please tell me under what name you made a purchase.

DestinysAngels I am confused with your comment that you waited 2 months for us to send your parcel. You bought the item 5 March, Tracker no 16 March and 24 March we asked you if you got the item.

Yes I agree that my service was not 100% when dealing with you but you have to agree that I did try to rectify it. Like I said sometimes I still get it wrong but I am working hard to get it right.

MsPlod Please contact me and tell me what items you are missing so I can fix the problem as I pride myself that I do not steal from people.

Tananka. Please see the emails we are already sending to the buyer Unfortunately we have recieved so much spam emails from people that runs the site you directed me to that thay are now on our list of blocked emails

MiemsJewels Unfortunately we do not get any recourse from BOB when we ask them to check for these in our eyes unfair ratings. We only get the standard form letter telling us they do not get involved.

Lastly I do not want to seem that I am making excuses and I want to thank everyone for their critisism positive or negative but we do give good service to people...I have even recently driven 3 times 60 kilos to help a buyer with a item she bought. We have a no nonsense refund policy if a buyer has a problem with the item. In more than 95% of the cases when we do a refund we also refund the postage etc. In more than 50% of cases when a buyer complains about a item all we require is a photo of the item to confirm before we either replace or refund.

I cannot be in front of the PC all the time...I have to go out to source products, I have to help with the packing of the items ( I do have someone helping me too but one person can only do so much) We attempt to answer all emails within 24 hours of receiving them but sometimes gets nailed because we did not answer immediately. Even BOB does not answer emails within 24 hours all the time.

Maybe in future I can ask you guys here what to do if I get a difficult buyer as I am not getting the service 100% right all the time?

Again thanks to everyone

JOhann

MiemsJewels

Johann, Moenie stres nie, relax, bly kalm. Ag man en ek is nou nice met jou maar jy stuur in die eerste plek te veel e-mails uit

Gebruik die tyd om jou pakkies te verpak en te versend.

1. Die kopers weet hulle het items gekoop. Bidorbuy stuur e-mails uit.

2. Sodra jy betalings ontvang, maak jou pakkie/s op.

3. Sodra jou pakkies klaar verpak is, Stuur tracking nommer via messages to buyer.

Dit is 1 boodskap om te stuur!

Kort en kragtig!

Gem Shop

HEhe Ek is al deur BOB uitgevreet omdat ek nie payments acknowledge nie so nou doen ek dit. En jy moet vir die koper verskeie kere se dat hy na die messages from seller kyk anders doen hulle dit nie en rate jou negative met 'no communication" En kopers lees nie emails van BOB nie het al letterlik honderde gehad wat gese het hulle het nie geweet dat hulle die item gewen het nie

MiemsJewels

Die kopers kry mos payment acknowledgement deur Bob self as hulle via EFT of kredietkaart betaal. Hoe dan nou?

As jy negative gerate word as hulle nie messages lees nie, is dit unfair! Ek kry dit baie, dan stuur ek weer dieselfde message vir hulle!

Jy verkoop 500 + items per maand.

Ek verkoop 300+ per maand.

Ek het GEEN hulp nie. Jy het hoeveel? 3? 4?

Goed ek se nou nie jou kids is dieselfde nie! Kyk, uit ondervinding weet ek, as jou kinders vir jou werk, is hulle bietjie laks. Twee van my kinders het vir my gewerk in my slaghuis. Altyd 'n gekerm en gekla! Baklei omdat die 1 minder werk as die ander ens. ens. Het 17 personeel lede gehad. So. jy kan nie jou kinders bevoordeel nie. Ek het albei van hulle 'n paar keer gefire!

Dan bel ek hulle pa skelm, en se hy moet hulle vra hoekom hulle nie by die werk is nie! Baie bang vir pa, kom hulle dan weer druipstert werk!

Okay, dit is nou nie eintlik wat ek wou vertel nie!

Die "communication" probleem is dalk omdat jou personeel nie hulle kant bring nie! JY moet deligeer, HULLE moet die werk doen!

Probeer meer beheer oor jou personeel kry! Dit is dalk waar jou probleem le. Die een stoot, die ander trek, dan hardloop julle gelyk en die werk kom nie klaar nie. Dit help nie hulle begin eers 10 uur werk en wil 2 uur tjaaila nie. Dan nog etenstyd tussen in nie.

Begin by die begin. Gee vir elkeen sy job description!

MsPlod

I would not and have never complained about Gem Shop's shipping charges. They pack securely and do make an effort to reduce breakages. Since one rather disastrous episode - soon after I started buying on BoB- I read all shipping details on auctions and do not get caught for a sucker at all. Gem Shop charges reasonably high but they do (to their credit) make an effort to pack well.

My gripe with Gem Shop was that on a large order, numerous items (mostly gemstones - but a few other items too) were missing.

Now, their shipping IS slow - they take weeks, sometimes more than a month to post stuff (again - no complaint - I knew that before buying (I had read the ratings) - and was not in a particular hurry for the items). However, when I did query the missing items eventually - after realising that they were not going to arrive - I was treated over a period of more than a month with rudeness and an attitude that smacked of accusation - ME being a liar.

I asked BoB to help out, Khaba (bless his cotton socks) was very helpful - but even he was unable to get Gem Shop to send me all the outstanding items (although a couple more of the outstanding items - token items I guess - were posted). After another few emails - I gave up, pretty disgusted and vowing that no matter what Gem Shop sold (nor how much I wanted it) - I would never buy from them (or Louvaine, Micca or anyone else in the family) again because I could not trust that I would be believed if something was missing from the parcel.

Kharma - what goes around really goes around... put some effort into making customers happy and they will come back time and again. Give customers rudeness and treat them as if they are low-life and they will never come back and will encourage others never to use you either.

I do not think I am a difficult customer, I have paid late a few times and have not always communicated well - but do I try and REALLY do appreciate good service.

alloway65

Civility and courtesy costs nothing, only a bit of time and some forethought...I must say GS & DK have/had similar bad/aggressive attitudes towards buyers......my limited experience with both was not pleasant at all.......an experience I will not repeat again.

DestinysAngels
Firstly thank you for all the comments.

I note that some of you say that communication is a problem.

Here is the emails every buyer gets

1 The morning after the auction they get a than you email stating my terms and banking details.

2 When we get a payment this email gets send twice once on his direct email and once once via BOB

Thank You For Shopping with Gem shop

We want to inform you that we found Your Payment on our bank statement

Your Purchase will be shipped asap but please do note the lead times on the auctions (Last line on the auction)

Please Ensure your given adress on BoB is correct and up to date as your purchase will be shipped to the given adress.

If changes occur after you received this emails please notify us via E-Mail.

A Tracking Number will be sent to you upon shipment

We utilise the BOB email system so it will also appear on your order under : "Messages from seller"

Should you have any more questions please do not hesitate to email me. All emails will be answered within 24 hours of receipt

Regards

Johann

He also get rated with the following rating

good buyer 5 Star rating Your item will be shipped soon. Keep an eye on "messages from seller" on your order

When we shipped his item he gets the following email via the BOB system

Thanks again for shopping with gem shop!

This is your tracker no E mail .

We are pleased to inform you that your payment has been processed/received , You can track and trace your parcel on Friday 20 April 2012 after 5 pm .

We have sent your order with the Parcelplus service of the SA Post Office.

The parcel should be delivered within the next 3-10 working days to your nearest Post Office.

Please phone the Post Office / Speed service tracking information service at 0860 111 502 / 0860023133 to find out the tracking status of your parcel. The Post Office sometimes fails to send your parcel confirmation notice.

--> Your Parcel Tracking Number is:PA+++++++++++

--> IMPORTANT: Please make sure to collect your parcel within 30 days,

otherwise the Post Office will return it to us.

Please do not accept a parcel if it look as if it’s been damaged during shipping.

We appreciate your business and look forward to see you again soon Should you have any questions regarding your order, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Customer Service

Gem shop

Can you guys see my dilemma when a buyer rates me negative with a no communication remark?

About the shipping I do note the comments and I will check into it but surely a buyer should not complain about the shipping when he/she knew what it was going to be before making a bid. Surely by making the bid he/she agrees that the stated shipping was acceptable to them

I think Bob should not allow buyers to rate sellers negative because of this

I have also noted that there is buyers that was unhappy with the service

I do accept the fact that my service was not always the best and that we sometimes get it wrong but since the start of 2012 I have really been working hard at it all we ask from buyers is to give us a fair chance to rectify any problem thay might have before they rate us negative but unfortunately it just does not happen

babyface2 I have gone through my sales but cannot find a sale to you...please tell me under what name you made a purchase.

DestinysAngels I am confused with your comment that you waited 2 months for us to send your parcel. You bought the item 5 March, Tracker no 16 March and 24 March we asked you if you got the item.

Yes I agree that my service was not 100% when dealing with you but you have to agree that I did try to rectify it. Like I said sometimes I still get it wrong but I am working hard to get it right.

MsPlod Please contact me and tell me what items you are missing so I can fix the problem as I pride myself that I do not steal from people.

Tananka. Please see the emails we are already sending to the buyer Unfortunately we have recieved so much spam emails from people that runs the site you directed me to that thay are now on our list of blocked emails

MiemsJewels Unfortunately we do not get any recourse from BOB when we ask them to check for these in our eyes unfair ratings. We only get the standard form letter telling us they do not get involved.

Lastly I do not want to seem that I am making excuses and I want to thank everyone for their critisism positive or negative but we do give good service to people...I have even recently driven 3 times 60 kilos to help a buyer with a item she bought. We have a no nonsense refund policy if a buyer has a problem with the item. In more than 95% of the cases when we do a refund we also refund the postage etc. In more than 50% of cases when a buyer complains about a item all we require is a photo of the item to confirm before we either replace or refund.

I cannot be in front of the PC all the time...I have to go out to source products, I have to help with the packing of the items ( I do have someone helping me too but one person can only do so much) We attempt to answer all emails within 24 hours of receiving them but sometimes gets nailed because we did not answer immediately. Even BOB does not answer emails within 24 hours all the time.

Maybe in future I can ask you guys here what to do if I get a difficult buyer as I am not getting the service 100% right all the time?

Again thanks to everyone

JOhann

Johan would you like the nasty e-mails you sent me and the response i gave you which were very nice if i have to say so myself, i can also include 2 responses from BOB, i don't want to make you feel bad in any way, but the fact that you ignored me and when i finally decided enough and contact the BOB team you sent me a nasty mail saying quite clear i cannot read or track my own items, but when you sent the tracking number finally the parcel were not traceable, 2 weeks after the number has been sent to me i could track it and guess what, the tracking number stated the exact time and date the parcel were dispatched, which were 2 weeks later - proof i have all sent to BOB (Remember)!

I will leave this be for i do not like confrontations nor criticism - i have bought from you many times but this time weren't good at all - again, Andries if you feel fit you may delete my comment - Johan i am sorry but i will not support you again as i have been a seller here myself for many years and will return once my studies are completed, but i need to say that i have also had clients who were not so nice - but i turned that into my favor and today still those people contact me and supports me - just saying!

PS! Also your excuse was that you were looking to find me a smaller size which you knew were untrue as in those items only small's were ever made - how i know - i also shop at China Town!

Edited by DestinysAngels
Added

Gem Shop

Guys I do agree that in the past I was a bad boy...on the level with DK etc but I changed...I am working hard towards it. IF in the past you felt insulted by me I do apologise sincerely I want to make this work but its not easy when I am not given a chance and my past keeps getting thrown back at me.

Every outstanding item that was ever bought by anyone should be in the postal system by Friday We are working on a 48 hour system from the time we receive payment on our bank statement to shipping

We do our best to answer all emails within 24 hours.

JOhann

Gem Shop

I do not dispute the service and I do apologise sincerely for making you feel bad. but there will not ever be another customer that will be treated this way...

I would also like to know how you how you changed your not so nice customers around as I am willing to learn and implement every good aspect I can so that every buyer here will get a positive experince from me

MsPlod

Have emailed you - copied to Khaba.