Sign in to follow this  
louvaine

SAPO strike

voldermort

I posted a registered letter on 22 May to UK - item was received the morning of 25 May & yet an item I posted 22 May to Pretoria has still not yet arrived :huh:

Bargain Games
No luck either today. According to my PO the strike is still on. Third day now that no mail has been delivered since strike was "over". I am also up in arms about my stock not arriving. Might just as well stop selling on bob. Cannot keep on buying stock, paying for a service and not get anything in return. I am so out of stock and are really worried. Big orders come via couriers, but it is nice every now and then to receive a big order absolutely duty and vat free! And it is sometimes, just sometimes, quicker than the couriers. Believe it or not. So, what can we do? TIME TO BOIKOT AND SUE THE POST OFFICE!

Yes, the strike is still on.

Still no parcels for me from the UK.

Thierry Henry

The postal delivery strike is still most definately nowhere near a resolution.

In fact, according to a supervisor at the Florida Depot, it's getting worse with many instances of mail being blocked from leaving the main hubs.

These striking temporary workers just will not budge on any of their demands.

Not looking good.

Jongleur

One must understand that this strike, such as it is, serves the interest of a very different

person or group of persons than the temporary workers.

When the strike starts and when it ends will depend on this person/s. The outcome, therefore, will

be completely different to what one would expect. Collectively these actions cripple the economy.

Bargain Games

Not looking good.

Are these people getting paid while striking?

Surely this cannot go on forever.

Source

Jongleur
Not looking good.

Are these people getting paid while striking?

Surely this cannot go on forever.

Source

As I said in the earlier post and without reading your link this has more to do with

labour broking than temporary workers at Sapo.

properous

Does anyone have any real info regarding this strike, I went to post today and was told that there is still a strike and post is coming in late and there is a chance that my parcels will have to stay at the post office until all is back to normal, apparently since the strike things have come back to normal 3 times now just to flare up within a few days and then post is delayed again. I asked how long this is going to take and the lady said that at times they are not even informed when the stike flares up again. It seems to be a on and off thing and they not to sure either. She told me about a client that came to them 3 weeks ago and asked how long the stike is going to be and she and the rest of the post office staff didnt even know of the strike. This is all very confusing and one would think that all post offices will know if there is a strike or not. Or the atleast the media will offer some info. I didnt post parcels today as I dont want to take the change of it just lying at the post office as our post office was broken in to three times last year and all happened over strikes. I then decided to phone 4 other post offices and two said no strike and two said a defnate strike. So what is it?

Bargain Games
Does anyone have any real info regarding this strike, I went to post today and was told that there is still a strike and post is coming in late and there is a chance that my parcels will have to stay at the post office until all is back to normal, apparently since the strike things have come back to normal 3 times now just to flare up within a few days and then post is delayed again. I asked how long this is going to take and the lady said that at times they are not even informed when the stike flares up again. It seems to be a on and off thing and they not to sure either. She told me about a client that came to them 3 weeks ago and asked how long the stike is going to be and she and the rest of the post office staff didnt even know of the strike. This is all very confusing and one would think that all post offices will know if there is a strike or not. Or the atleast the media will offer some info. I didnt post parcels today as I dont want to take the change of it just lying at the post office as our post office was broken in to three times last year and all happened over strikes. I then decided to phone 4 other post offices and two said no strike and two said a defnate strike. So what is it?

There is a strike, but its not the whole post office that is striking.

More in Johannesburg.

I didn't get delays as yet for any domestic parcels that I send or receive.

People who are receiving and sending parcels using the JHB hub can give you more accurate info that I have.

All I know is there is defnitely a delay in receiving overseas parcels. Specially from the UK. I don't get these parcels anymore.

Been ordering from the same supplier in the UK for the past 4 years (on a weekly basis). Didn't have any problems in the past, now the parcels are stuck somewhere.

I also purchase on a monthly basis form Amazon.co.uk. When they post your items, they always tell you a date when to be expecting the parcel. The parcel ALWAYS arrive on or before that date. (For me anyways, for the past 2 years). My date for the last parcel was Friday, 25 May 2012. Nothing received yet, that is just a clear indication for me that something is wrong, based on my past experiences.

Edited by Bargain Games

extreme_it

Got My Parcel

I finally collected my parcel from overseas today from my post office... So I think there is no doubt that the strike is finished.:whistling::whistling:

wayjen

I wonder if our email this morning has anything to do with the strike. Buyer tells us that the PO says the tracking number does not exist, and once again within seconds of plugging it into the system I track it to the Buyers PO almost a week ago and first notification sent out. Someone does not know how to either track a parcel using the tools they use every day or someone does not know how to do their job or is too damn lazy to do anything.

jphotography

I ordered some stuff 2 weeks ago and got all yesterday. Strike on the Wesrand is not good main post office in Krugersdorp was also vandalized, the permanent workers do not strike only the temps. The lady from the post office commented and said:"Imagine what chaos is will be should they be employed full time" If temp workers can do things like this? Oh well what can we do, just hope all will work out.

wayjen

We email the client this morning and receive an email back saying they got the parcel and so happy with purchase, yeah you would have been ecstatic had you went to look for your parcel a week ago or searched for it yourself online, come strike or no strike.

dstorm

Hello all

Can anybody give me an update on the postal strike as far as Speed Services is concerned?

Thanking you in advance

Jacques

circe

i received a paccage yesterday via speedservices fron johannesburg to potch without any problems. maybe all of us must go on strike. use any other courier service exept the post office and speedservices.

here is the track nr: TC114934840ZA

voldermort
Hello all

Can anybody give me an update on the postal strike as far as Speed Services is concerned?

Thanking you in advance

Jacques

Posted an item counter to door Wednesday 11.30am to Midrand - arrived all safe Thursday 9.15am.

dstorm

Thanks to Circe and Samantha.

Thanks a lot.

My post office cannot give me any idea about pick-ups fro SS.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

Bargain Games

SAPO strikes end

Source

Miss Jewels

I have just had confirmation from our local post master that the strike is over and that the workers will be back on their post tomorrow. This is including Witspos where I have had 2 parcels go missing in 1 week! This was an absolute first for me. The Western Cape was not really affected by this strike, luckily.

Bargain Games

Now for tackling the backlog. :notrust:

:awesome:

But I remain positive that I will receive my overseas parcels.

Thierry Henry
I have just had confirmation from our local post master that the strike is over and that the workers will be back on their post tomorrow.

Can anyone here confirm this?

In other words, has any of your mail started to be delivered/received yet?

I ask because I can definately state that mail from the Joburg Florida Depot is not yet being delivered. According to the supervisor there and a couple of the permanent workers, the strike is still On. They say the Post Office has jumped the gun in announcing otherwise and that as far as the union that represents the striking workers is concerned, the strike is not yet at an end.

I would love to conclusively hear otherwise.

Edit: Found this,

BusinessDay - Union wants Post Office casuals to down tools

Edited by Thierry Henry

zecretsquirrel88
Hi . Please note that some SAPO employees has been on strike for the past 3 months , I spoke to a lady at our PO and apparently it's a mess at our Depo , no collections has been made and employees wanting to work has been intimidated and forced to strike or stay at home , this is unfortunately a situation out of our hands . GP - West and East rand .

Well, perhaps when a seller KNOWS that the strikes are happening, they should courier the package instead of handing it in at the PO.