Sign in to follow this  
louvaine

SAPO strike

T4T

I tried contacting parceltrack... no answer, i tried contacting sapo, heck they're website isn't even working, none of them and they have 2, i tried both, if this goes down sour i might have to post on hellopeter about this nonsense and the newspapers. i really don't want to and will give it a little while still but i will if i have to. !!!!!!

Jongleur
I tried contacting parceltrack... no answer, i tried contacting sapo, heck they're website isn't even working, none of them and they have 2, i tried both, if this goes down sour i might have to post on hellopeter about this nonsense and the newspapers. i really don't want to and will give it a little while still but i will if i have to. !!!!!!

You may as well go ahead. They really could not care less.

Try this site: http://www.postoffice.co.za/tracking/

nixies

Hi, just back from my PO with not so good news again. No collections at PO and no mail is going out. Delivery trucks are not allowed to leave the Hubs. That is all they know. Nobody informs the staff at the PO what is happening and if something is being done to sort the problem. (How can temporary workers demand and being allowed to strike!) It doesnt make sense. In the meantime they have all the time in the world to open the parcels and take whatever they want. Nice shopping spree! And apparently the CEO resigned all of a sudden! Maybe its time that the PO gets competition.

T4T
Hi, just back from my PO with not so good news again. No collections at PO and no mail is going out. Delivery trucks are not allowed to leave the Hubs. That is all they know. Nobody informs the staff at the PO what is happening and if something is being done to sort the problem. (How can temporary workers demand and being allowed to strike!) It doesnt make sense. In the meantime they have all the time in the world to open the parcels and take whatever they want. Nice shopping spree! And apparently the CEO resigned all of a sudden! Maybe its time that the PO gets competition.

That's adding lots of fuel to my fire..... how to calm down, i'm not sure if possible, now all the goods are piling up and they can go on a freaking spree !!! this is BS !!!!!

lilythepink
Hi Lily

Which email address did you use, I have a parcel that has been stuck for two weeks and would like to get it sorted out.

I used the "contact us" button on parceltrack's website. Good luck!

By the way, the reply I got came from someone named "Lucky ...". (I forget the surname!) lol

Edited by lilythepink

brands online

Unfortunately most buyers don't know about this strike... and as usual... they're firing off negatives without any other communication...

Sometimes it's a jungle in here too :toung:

T4T
Unfortunately most buyers don't know about this strike... and as usual... they're firing off negatives without any other communication...

Sometimes it's a jungle in here too :toung:

The question is, is our goods safe, or has it been stolen ?

T4T

i don't know how you managed to do that but i did not receive anything when i used the contact link on their webpage, and it stipulated that they will not look for one's parcel, one need sto contact sapo for it right there on their contact page... :( maybe after they searched for your's they changed their policies.... ?

svw
i don't know how you managed to do that but i did not receive anything when i used the contact link on their webpage, and it stipulated that they will not look for one's parcel, one need sto contact sapo for it right there on their contact page... :( maybe after they searched for your's they changed their policies.... ?

Sometimes I find that the SAPO online track and trace system may be a bit slow to update what I would advise is contact the SAPO National Customer Service 0860111502 - give them your tracking number and they will be able to help track your parcel. Should you also have any other complaints with SAPO service etc this is the number you use to lodge a complaint. They are open during office hours and you should find that your problem will be dealt with in a very friendly and helpful manner.

RAG Auctioneers
Sometimes I find that the SAPO online track and trace system may be a bit slow to update what I would advise is contact the SAPO National Customer Service 0860111502 - give them your tracking number and they will be able to help track your parcel. Should you also have any other complaints with SAPO service etc this is the number you use to lodge a complaint. They are open during office hours and you should find that your problem will be dealt with in a very friendly and helpful manner.

Second this.

We phoned and apparently our parcel has been at our PO for a while but the tracking online said it was stuck in Germ hub.

Give em a call.

T4T
Second this.

We phoned and apparently our parcel has been at our PO for a while but the tracking online said it was stuck in Germ hub.

Give em a call.

thanks but i was there yesterday, all they do is take a book and go down the list to see if there's a receipt or something, the previous worker used to look in the book as well as go to the back to check something else, but this worker just check the book, anyway point being my parcel is i suppose probably not there, sigh... i will give it a day go check tomorrow and if there's nothing i will phone them thanks (is it toll free from a cellphone ? )

svw
(is it toll free from a cellphone ? )

It is only toll free from a landline - unfortunately if you phone from a cell phone you will have to pay the normal cell phone rates.

Bargain Games

Any of you have a serouis delay in getting your overseas parcels?

Because of this strike, I am not getting any overseas parcels for a third week in a row.

Just want to know if any of you have experience the same thing? (regarding overseas parcels sent through the post office)

This is killing my cashflow!!!!

T4T

Got my parcel from the local post office ! Haven't opened it yet but the box seems to be intact, o much releived.... :) :)

Bargain Games

This is not looking good at all.

It looks like nobody can tell how long the strike is going to be?

Source

The thing that worries me the most, if my parcels got lost somewhere.

I just hope and pray that I will receive my parcels intact.

If I knew what I know now, I would have never placed such huge orders overseas - but winter time is prob the busiest time

of the year for me (next to Xmas).

I need stock to sell....

Hope this will be resolved soon.

Cali Craft and Gems

Our "little" branch was not even aware that there is a strike going on - they were also wondering why the parcel sector was "so quiet"...

I've been waiting for overseas parcels right back from February (1), March (2), April (6), May (2)... and still no word.

A parcel from Mellville in Jhb took 3 days to get from the branch to Witpos, and another 4 days to CapeMail hub. Heaven only knows how much longer it will take to get to George hub then ODN - and the buyer who wanted the contents thereof needed the items by Tuesday this week the latest! She's bought the items from another store in the mean time because she could not wait any longer. :(

I won't even mention 'regular' post! (received an item yesterday that was mailed in Feb!)

kebs
hi

why dont u use this courier. they are very cheap to use and fast. i have been using them without any problem. the shipping is R35 without vat and they deliver all over sa.

http://www.fastway.co.za

Alas, not in PE yet last time I checked..:worried:

extreme_it

I'm expecting an overseas parcel that was shipped to south africa on the 9th of may, and still nothing til today.

It's really frustrating speciallyh when you can't get proper answers. I mean the stike is finished (or so I was told) and the parcel keeps showing that it is in JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB).

LINE TYPE DATE TIME BRANCH

1 In transit 2012/05/25 07:10 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

2 From Customs 2012/05/19 09:21 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

3 In transit 2012/05/14 13:25 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

MiemsJewels
I'm expecting an overseas parcel that was shipped to south africa on the 9th of may, and still nothing til today.

It's really frustrating speciallyh when you can't get proper answers. I mean the stike is finished (or so I was told) and the parcel keeps showing that it is in JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB).

Did you call the post office Track & Trace number 0860111502 yet?

Bargain Games

Where was the parcel sent from?

I did get a parcel from China in last week, but the UK ones - I have a huge problem with them.

Cali Craft and Gems

Three of my Far East parcels (sent in mid-April) finally arrived on Friday, and my UK parcel arrived after about 10 days. Just still waiting for the Feb and March Far East parcels - my only guess is that by now they've grown legs...

Bargain Games
Three of my Far East parcels (sent in mid-April) finally arrived on Friday, and my UK parcel arrived after about 10 days. Just still waiting for the Feb and March Far East parcels - my only guess is that by now they've grown legs...

Thanks, that is postive news.

Thanks - maybe I will also get lucky this week.

Bargain Games

Anybody has some news regarding the strike?

Been searching the web for any new news, but couldn't find anything.

nixies

No luck either today. According to my PO the strike is still on. Third day now that no mail has been delivered since strike was "over". I am also up in arms about my stock not arriving. Might just as well stop selling on bob. Cannot keep on buying stock, paying for a service and not get anything in return. I am so out of stock and are really worried. Big orders come via couriers, but it is nice every now and then to receive a big order absolutely duty and vat free! And it is sometimes, just sometimes, quicker than the couriers. Believe it or not. So, what can we do? TIME TO BOIKOT AND SUE THE POST OFFICE!

Cali Craft and Gems

And an insured parcel (19kg) that was posted in CT on Friday 25 May, arrived in ODN this morning (Monday 28 May) by 9am.

I'm guessing that miracles can still happen... even within the SAPO!