Sign in to follow this  
louvaine

SAPO strike

louvaine

Hi . Please note that some SAPO employees has been on strike for the past 3 months , I spoke to a lady at our PO and apparently it's a mess at our Depo , no collections has been made and employees wanting to work has been intimidated and forced to strike or stay at home , this is unfortunately a situation out of our hands . GP - West and East rand .

Vinyl Lady Decals

Yes, I heard the same today. Hopefully all parcels will reach their destinations quickly and intact.

Cali Craft and Gems

Received a phone call from Speed Services today in follow up to a complaint I made in the first week of April. This individual has zero communication skills so all I could gather from the phone call was "post office", "apology" and "strike" - the rest was mumbling garbage!

If a large company is going to bother having a customer services department, surely they could find employees who can actually speak!

MiemsJewels
Hi . Please note that some SAPO employees has been on strike for the past 3 months , I spoke to a lady at our PO and apparently it's a mess at our Depo , no collections has been made and employees wanting to work has been intimidated and forced to strike or stay at home , this is unfortunately a situation out of our hands . GP - West and East rand .

In the meanwile they damage the parcels, and break the stuff inside........I had 2 complaints within one week!

svw

Oh no.....not again!!!!!!!:evil:

MsPlod

Some employees have been on strike for three months - folks are only starting to notice now.

Makes one think - doesn't it? Time for a BIG shake up in the postal department.

RISadler

The strikers should be struck from the payroll.

lilythepink

And shot, butchered and quartered and hung up at dawn!

Thierry Henry

The thing is these striking delivery "casual" workers are looking to be employed full-time and to gain benefits they feel they aren't getting at present.

Problem there is it's not a full day's job (maybe a couple hours a day at the max) but of course logic never gets in the way in these type of situations.

So not only is it an illegal strike but it's taken an ugly turn, with amongst other things, numerous acts of vandalism that's been reported.

I was at the Florida Mail Depot the other day and the place was an absolute mess. Letters strewn all over, bicycles all broken up and the sorting mail shelves all mostly destroyed.

This Depot services a whole range of different areas. And most of this backlog of mail will no doubt just be tossed aside, as was the case with the refuse bags filled with mail that were thrown away a couple days ago near the Weltevredenpark area.

Edited by Thierry Henry

louvaine

Our Depot in Chamdor has been vandalized/ trucks set alight / post opened and strewn all over , it looks like a warzone according to a close friend who works there .. .. no post /parcels collected this week from our PO also .. I just hope our customers / buyers read this and understand that this is beyond our control .. even if we ship parcels it's not going anywhere ..

mrmouse

On strike , havent noticed anything yet ,still as sloooooooow as usual , the one lady by us , i think has grown roots allready , on a go slow , impossible cant be ,only dead people are slower .

Cali Craft and Gems

Although one can always expect the worst of delivery times while there is a strike, I was very surprised to hear from an elated customer today. His parcel was dispatched on Tuesday 8 May from Oudtshoorn, and he received it at his post office in White River today. Sometimes the SAPO can surprise you!

Thierry Henry
Although one can always expect the worst of delivery times while there is a strike, I was very surprised to hear from an elated customer today. His parcel was dispatched on Tuesday 8 May from Oudtshoorn, and he received it at his post office in White River today. Sometimes the SAPO can surprise you!

The strike is not so much to do with items going directly and getting picked up at the PO, it's more the delivery of mail to your post box.

I've had no problem whatsoever collecting whatever mail there is at my local Post Office, but have not had a postal delivery guy drop mail in my box for over a month.

svw
The strike is not so much to do with items going directly and getting picked up at the PO, it's more the delivery of mail to your post box.

I've had no problem whatsoever collecting whatever mail there is at my local Post Office, but have not had a postal delivery guy drop mail in my box for over a month.

I agree - two days for a parcel to get from Polokwane to East London & same to Cape Town - Pretty Good - definiately no indication of a strike on the transport side - but I have always found the delivery of collection notes to be a problem so all I can do is continue to advise buyers to track online to avoid any drama and parcel returns.

extreme_it

The strike was finished last night or so I was told. I phoned the customs today and they gave me some phone number to check why my overseas parcel has been been at the international mail center for one whole week as the online tracking shows. I was told thet there was a strike (I already knew that from the PO) and that the strike has fininshed last night (friday). I hope he knows what he was saying.

RAG Auctioneers

Our parcels were still stuck at our PO on Friday (send on Wed) and incoming parcels were stuck at the Germ hub.

Eastrand JHB.

lilythepink

I had a parcel stuck for four days at Witspos (sent from Jo'burg). I sent an email to parceltrack. They located it and I received it yesterday - 10 days it took from Jo'burg to Grahamstown! Had I not made the enquiry, I think it might have been delayed for ever!

circe

hi

why dont u use this courier. they are very cheap to use and fast. i have been using them without any problem. the shipping is R35 without vat and they deliver all over sa.

http://www.fastway.co.za

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Lily

Which email address did you use, I have a parcel that has been stuck for two weeks and would like to get it sorted out.

I had a parcel stuck for four days at Witspos (sent from Jo'burg). I sent an email to parceltrack. They located it and I received it yesterday - 10 days it took from Jo'burg to Grahamstown! Had I not made the enquiry, I think it might have been delayed for ever!

Jongleur
hi

why dont u use this courier. they are very cheap to use and fast. i have been using them without any problem. the shipping is R35 without vat and they deliver all over sa.

Plenty of franchise opportunities too.

mellowred
hi

My goodness that is cheap. Wonder if they deliver outside the major centers?

mellowred

Had a good look at their site. Looks like they are an ideal alternative to SAPO, but only nearby major centers.

The franchises are pretty expensive Jongleur. You would need to do a load of deliveries at R35 to recoup the investment.

RAG Auctioneers
hi

Fastway are cheap, but have TERRIBLE terrible terrible customer service.

You get better service from the Post Office.

Once you have paid for your 100 pre paid stickers, they dont care about you anymore.

We are on our last pre paid waybills and will then move back to THE COURIER GUY.

circe

they deliwerd 2 parsels to me on the farm where i live wich is about 39km out of potchefstroom. the depo is in stilfontein near klerksdorp.

i made a deal with the guy that work potch area, that i let him know how many shipping lables i need and i meet him in town the next day to sent my parsels.

T4T

Is there anything we can do about this ? My parcel reads In transit 2012/05/19 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB) for the past week, is there anyone that can be contacted to actually check if the parcel is still ok ?