Sign in to follow this  
zeddeetech

Low rating Buyers Help

zeddeetech

Hi Guys

I've been around here for sometime, and have got some good advice.

Anyways I recently listed two items on crazy wednesday, and they sold. the first one went to a seller with NO ratings, from CapeTown. The second to a seller with about 6 ratings (2 negatives).

The first guy, contacted me the next day, asked me to ship to his address, and had some requestes for the courier. I told him no problem, I will carry out those requests, BUT only once payment is cleared. I use BoBPay EFT, and I received a notice from BoB that payment was made, this was on Friday. I proceeded to get shipment ready, and logged a collection with the courier. Now my question is, if a payment is made via BoBPay eft, AM I SAFE, can the guy reverse the payment?

The second person, is being problematic, I sent them 2 emails, and got no responses so far. My Ad does say payment in 7 days, so I am holding out till the end of next week, Now I want to know,if the seller makes no payment, can I offer the item to the 2nd bidder? and upto how long, after the auction closes can I do this?

Thanks

Edited by zeddeetech

kebs

Hi there..

As far as I know, one can't just reverse an EFT.. there is a complicated procedure of going into the bank & trying to do it, but I think you should be safe - I've never had an EFT reversed. As far the personal offer goes, I'm not sure how long you have to make one, but I have made ones after 6 days before..

zeddeetech

So this guy nogobelafamily still hasn't paid for an item he won on auction, and he does not respond to emails. Not sure how I should Proceed, any help would be appreciated. Also If no payment is received do I get a refund for my success fees? what about the premium listing fees? Finally if I do make a personal offer to the next highest bidder, is it fixed at his last bid? or can i offer at the winning bid price? Apologies for all these questions, I just need some clarification..

lilythepink

If this buyer doesn't pay then you need to file a Sale Not Concluded (SNC) notice to BoB, seven days after the transaction.

Only if you have terms of payment in your listing (i.e. payment must be made within 48 or 72 hours or whatever) are you free to offer the item to the next highest bidder. Otherwise you can relist the item. If the buyer then suddenly decides to pay you can ask for his/her banking details and refund any payment made, less your bank charges.

Cuan, can you please confirm that this is the correct way to proceed? Thanks.

qball
So this guy nogobelafamily still hasn't paid for an item he won on auction, and he does not respond to emails. Not sure how I should Proceed, any help would be appreciated. Also If no payment is received do I get a refund for my success fees? what about the premium listing fees? Finally if I do make a personal offer to the next highest bidder, is it fixed at his last bid? or can i offer at the winning bid price? Apologies for all these questions, I just need some clarification..

As long as your payment terms are clear, and the buyer has not paid within that time frame you are welcome to offer it to the runner up (at his bid amount), if you are an Advanced Seller. Basic Sellers cannot make personal offers. You can file the SNC after 7 days to recover your success fees. Enhanced listing fees like Premium are unfortunately non refundable as your listing received additional exposure.

SNC Help - http://support.bidorbuy.co.za/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/19/0/getting-your-success-fees-back---file-a-snc-sale-not-complete