Sign in to follow this  
Pathway

Choosing 'South Africa' listings.

Pathway

Has anyone tried looking at the rings in the 'All Crazy Auctions'? Narrow the search (you think) by specifying 'South Africa', and you get pages and pages of people who say they live here, but all their goods come from overseas. Really, if I were selling rings, I wouldn't want to list any here, the local sellers are swamped by the 'live in SA' sellers selling stuff from other countries.

Actually, what I would love to see is us being able to specify sellers we do not want to include in our search, for whatever reason we may have. Such a facility would certainly make trawling through the Antique Jewellery section a lot shorter for me, at any rate.

MsPlod
Actually, what I would love to see is us being able to specify sellers we do not want to include in our search, for whatever reason we may have. Such a facility would certainly make trawling through the Antique Jewellery section a lot shorter for me, at any rate.

Absolutely!!!!!!!!

Pickle Bearies

I agree, I was looking through the earrings and I am not interested in buying earrings which I get for R1 but then have to pay R250 postage as they come from some where outside SA. I wanted truly SA sellers.

Miss Jewels

I would ideally like to see an icon of "shipped internationally" as many sellers are not too clear on this. The minute I see "shipping 7 - 15 days", I know its not shipped locally. I post items within 36 hours of payment clearing proving my items are in stock.

kebs
I would ideally like to see an icon of "shipped internationally" as many sellers are not too clear on this. The minute I see "shipping 7 - 15 days", I know its not shipped locally. I post items within 36 hours of payment clearing proving my items are in stock.

I would actually like this as well... Some of my items aren't kept in stock due to limited storage space, & despite the flashing warning in those listings of the delivery time, it seems people still do not read it. I would like something like this so that people can see that particular item is not in stock.. Of course, if they can't see the big flashing letters, one has to wonder if they would see that icon? :wtf:

HDMI

It would be appreciated if bid or buy could do random checks to confirm that the items do actually gets sent from overseas since there are many such sellers. Some sellers sells items week after another for R1 and surely it must be a huge lost for the seller(or is it in some instances sellers that wants to avoid paying bid or buy commission on the selling price. On a R1 item,bob gets 4c - R5.04c commission. How can a seller list 30-40 items,keeping in mind that he has to pay minimum R5 fee on each item on wednesdays/fidays and weekends and only sell those items for R1 each? It just does not make any business sense at all selling 20 items at R1 each,pay R100 for enhanced fees ,etc. Many of these sellers advertises more and more items each week.. Eish???

We would like to see bid or buy doing better and better and therefore the positive input

Thank you for the great site and the selling platform created for all

lilythepink

I was wrapped over the knuckles for reporting one such seller who was supposedly drop-shipping (authorised) but I got my "lucky packet" ring at a nominal price plus excessive, really excessive, postage within 3 days. That ring certainly was in the seller's possession at the time of the sale so the excessive postage was just a ruse to make money! (Never mind that the plating wore off the ring after the first wearing!) That seller is still selling, using the same modus operandi, on BoB!

HDMI

The concern I've got I'll explain briefly:

One such seller sold 230 items in the last 2 weks. 213 of these items sold for R1. The buyer made R213 for these 213 items,and paid bob fees amounting to R8.52c on these selling fees.

The postage charged for these items totalled around R39405.

Isn't it strange that a seller would sell R1 items,some of these worth R120-180 EACH and keep on selling the same items week after another for a mere R1?

None of these items are cheap rings or anything of such nature.

My concern is that sellers might be doing this simply just to avoid having to pay bid or buy what's due to them?

Please check on these issues and if possible,do random checks,since it would be beneficial to all.

Regards

Miss Jewels

HDMI, please post a link to these items or send me a PM as I think this is the same seller whom I had a problem with.

lilythepink

I also think I know which seller is being referred to! So sad.

HDMI

Another seller I just stumbled across sold 134 of his last 171 items(mainly cellphones and expensive watches) for R1 . Many are blackberry's. This seller charges almost R500 postage per item and does not allow combining orders. I am not mentioning names in order to allow bob to investigate first.

This seller paid bob R5.36c in success fees on these 134 items whilst he received R60166 for shipment fees on these 134 items.

Customs duties are also applicable on all these items.Can anyone sell so many items at a loss or is this seller benefiting whilst bob looses in success fees? This seller has been doing this for years and surely nobody could afford losing hundreds of thousands of rands .

500 out of the last 780 buyers that rated the seller,paid R1 for their items. This amount to R224500 in shipping fees,whilst the seller only got R500 for these 500 items. Bid or buy would have gotten around R20 for these 500 items sold by this seller.

This seller has the same items on auction tomorrow again

I ask you all the same question again: Why would a seller sell the same items week after week for R1,whist these items are worth hundreds of rands each?

Eish,unless it is Bill Gates or a multi millionaire,it won't make any business sense at all?