Sign in to follow this  
mrmouse

Excessive postal charges

voldermort
Now if we add labour,petrol and what not into the equation we would be reported to BoB for excessive postage and if you add all those amounts into the listing price of the item it will be considered too expensive.

Report them for blackmail and withholding(spelling) ratings until they are satisfied.

Tell them to move along!

That's the thing, I havent even taken into consideration petrol, my time wrapping this thing, my time spent checking everything is working correctly, Dimitri's time - seeing as he is the one with muscles & will need to lug this into the Post Office tomorrow etc etc & yet still this person is so quick to tell me my postage costs are excessive.

If I were able I would most definitely tell them to go buy their CD player elsewhere, as however I cannot, I expect nothing less than a negative from this happy soul - if not for postage, then maybe they shall find a scratch with a magnifying glass, or perhaps the plug won't suit them, or perhaps the colour shall clash with their hair.......whatever.

wayjen
That's the thing, I havent even taken into consideration petrol, my time wrapping this thing, my time spent checking everything is working correctly, Dimitri's time - seeing as he is the one with muscles & will need to lug this into the Post Office tomorrow etc etc & yet still this person is so quick to tell me my postage costs are excessive.

If I were able I would most definitely tell them to go buy their CD player elsewhere, as however I cannot, I expect nothing less than a negative from this happy soul - if not for postage, then maybe they shall find a scratch with a magnifying glass, or perhaps the plug won't suit them, or perhaps the colour shall clash with their hair.......whatever.

or it does not play records.

wayjen

It's very amusing when people are still crying about postage fees after they bid on an item. Why bid then cry about postage after the fact? Why, because you offer free shipping, must other people offer that too, don't make your problems theirs.

When buyers make threads about excessive postage it does not prove to us that sellers are charging excessive fees it's actually showing us that buyers can't read or don't read listings.

JANDS

Just admit it: We are money-hungry masochists.

alloway65

As a Buyer I always compute into my cost calculation the cost of the shipping charges and on this basis I arrive at a maximum amount I am prepared to bid/pay for a specific item. When the shipping costs are to high I just do not bid!

As a Seller I keep my shipping costs as realistic as possible even making a "paper" loss when insuring expensive items!

Cali Craft and Gems

Now I have seen it all!

Tanzanites - (G.I.S.A CERTIFIED R11,160) 1,24ct Tanzanite- Moderate intense bluish violet for sale in Johannesburg (ID:81451844)

[TABLE=class: item_shipping_table]

[TR]

[TD]Shipping method[/TD]

[TD]Shipping details[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]• Registered mailed[/TD]

[TD=class: right]R75.00 for the first item

R50.00 each additional item[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]• Counter to counter[/TD]

[TD=class: right]R150.00 for the first item

R75.00 each additional item[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

SAPO charges R20.40 for registered mail and R65 for speed services counter to counter. This seller's pricing is beyond excessive!!!

amcintyre
Now I have seen it all!

Tanzanites - (G.I.S.A CERTIFIED R11,160) 1,24ct Tanzanite- Moderate intense bluish violet for sale in Johannesburg (ID:81451844)

[TR]

[TD]Shipping method[/TD]

[TD]Shipping details[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]• Registered mailed[/TD]

R50.00 each additional item[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]• Counter to counter[/TD]

R75.00 each additional item[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

SAPO charges R20.40 for registered mail and R65 for speed services counter to counter. This seller's pricing is beyond excessive!!!

Adjust your bids accordingly! Other Clocks - WESTCLOX POCKET BEN VINTAGE POCKETWATCH (WORKING) for sale in Cape Town (ID:81415977) R60 postage for a R20,40 postage cost item. So, I plan to bring, what I am willing to bid, down by R40. This item better come wrapped in R40 worth of bubble wrap and an expensive box. :grin: Good heavens - I posted a large wall clock, securely packaged for R55!

The most expensive I have ever seen, and I don't have the link anymore, was for a cell phone to be drop shipped. It was a crazy R700. It was on the Crazy Wednesday page some time ago. Perhaps we could identify and have a special "Crazy Postage" page - in the same theme as the Crazy Wednesday page.

Edited by amcintyre

alloway65

I would like to see two Business Plans of some of the large BoB Sellers who concentrate on the R1 auctions....with and without excessive postal/shipping charges.

I wonder how some BoB Sellers who sell reasonable quality items and who charge "reasonable" Shipping/Postal charges....make a profit at the end of the day?

Most of us are in business to make money!

wayjen

The other way to make money is to charge R100 for collections.

Can I charge someone for collections?

Edited by wayjen

MiemsJewels
Now I have seen it all!

[TR]

[TD]Shipping method

[/TD]

[TD]Shipping details

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]• Registered mailed

[/TD]

R50.00 each additional item

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]• Counter to counter

[/TD]

R75.00 each additional item

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Calli, if the seller insures it at retail prices (R2 per R100), the shipping, could probably be correct.

Edited by MiemsJewels