Sign in to follow this  
mrmouse

Excessive postal charges

mrmouse

so in other words if I list 10 balls on auction with freight of R100 per ball , irrespective and the minimum quantity is 5 , freight will cost R500. for 5 balls , for the first winner , I think something needs to be looked at with freight in a new light .especially on small items , if over a specific size or weight then its different as you are paying for volumetric mass , but under say 2kg freight doesnt change much . unless the boxes are 500 by 500 in size , that can cause sellers to send small items in a huge box to justify freight charges , charged by them .

qball

It is dependent on how the seller sets up the shipping, the nature of the items - their size, weight, construction, whether they are fragile, not easily combined etc. Any good seller should combine shipping and not charge per additional item to pass the cost saving on to the buyer, but again, it is very much dependent on what they are selling and how easily combine-able the items are.

mrmouse

I hope he responds soon ive bid on another of his items , ( only one this time ) so no surprises , initial mail costs I have no problem with its the extra item that gets me goat . Do you Dive .as in Scuba >

qball
I hope he responds soon ive bid on another of his items , ( only one this time ) so no surprises , initial mail costs I have no problem with its the extra item that gets me goat . Do you Dive .as in Scuba >

I just wanted to add to my previous post - seller's should always be reasonable about the shipping.

Yes, I do dive. :grin:

mrmouse

Right , ive now put a face to the name , It clicked when you said about your son and the adsl , HOWZIT , time to service your gear and change those computer batterys :bigsmile:, by now you should be getting an idea of who I am and where .

qball
Right , ive now put a face to the name , It clicked when you said about your son and the adsl , HOWZIT , time to service your gear and change those computer batterys :bigsmile:, by now you should be getting an idea of who I am and where .

I'm a little lost now... I have 2 daughters, no sons... I wish I could afford a dive computer! :oh:

lilythepink

Cuan you need some psychic powers, lad! :sneaky:

wayjen

Sounds more like a fishing attempt, be careful qball.

mrmouse

may have the gender mixed , did you ever buy any dive gear from someone with a huge moustache , thats not me im the better looking one , how many divers in the area with your surname ,? my fishing attempt has gotten me pretty far so far .that is if youre in Sasolburg if not then im also a bit lost .:oh:

Prom

Knowing the size of a usb port it should be pretty clear how large the items are and more or less how much they weigh. The part I'm concerned about is this: "WE DO NOT DELETE BIDS!"

5% insurance for SAPO items? Does this guy have rocks in his head? :)

Plus I must agree on the R70 per item - so obviously trying to recoup costs through postage... tsk tsk!

Hasty generalization?

mrmouse

not really google a sennheiser usb sound convertor , I needed to replace one , it weighs 160 gramms and is large , these are really really tiny and lightweight , its so small it fits into the mini pcie slotwith room to spare , I modified laptop so unit plugs into cable inside machine and old original spkrs then plug into unit replacing the internal sound card which is built in . with this unit, the only drawback is you lose an external usb port because its hardwired to it on the inside. but it really was worth all the hassle as it works well , Dell wanted an arm and a leg to replace the motherboard .I have actually purchased from the seller again , and I will buy from him again as I admire a person with a sense of humour and my emails just simply didnt ruffle his feathers , he wasnt once thrown by my snotty emails and allways replied courteously and quickly , so for what its worth Thumbs up to MagicBox.He is definately an asset to BoB.

qball
may have the gender mixed , did you ever buy any dive gear from someone with a huge moustache , thats not me im the better looking one , how many divers in the area with your surname ,? my fishing attempt has gotten me pretty far so far .that is if youre in Sasolburg if not then im also a bit lost .:oh:

Me thinks you got the wrong hombre! :grin:

qball
not really google a sennheiser usb sound convertor , I needed to replace one , it weighs 160 gramms and is large , these are really really tiny and lightweight , its so small it fits into the mini pcie slotwith room to spare , I modified laptop so unit plugs into cable inside machine and old original spkrs then plug into unit replacing the internal sound card which is built in . with this unit, the only drawback is you lose an external usb port because its hardwired to it on the inside. but it really was worth all the hassle as it works well , Dell wanted an arm and a leg to replace the motherboard .I have actually purchased from the seller again , and I will buy from him again as I admire a person with a sense of humour and my emails just simply didnt ruffle his feathers , he wasnt once thrown by my snotty emails and allways replied courteously and quickly , so for what its worth Thumbs up to MagicBox.He is definately an asset to BoB.

We have reached an agreement with them and they will be reducing their charges for future items.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
We have reached an agreement with them and they will be reducing their charges for future items.

That sounds like a WIN WIN situation allround !!:smile1:

NEIL

qball

They are good sellers and should not give you any problems... except the shipping of course... :grin:

Edited by qball
Spelling

mrmouse

Oh Well when you need youre dive gear serviced let me know ! Glad to hear something good came of the mail saga , Thanks for all the input .B

kebs
This affects all buyers, so we will be checking why they charge this amount (5% insurance is not charged by the SAPO).

I once sent a query to Community Watch when a seller was charging 5% for insured postage.. His reply that was forwarded to me was that he has to replace the cost of the lost parcel ASAP, whereas the post office can take forever.. :wtf:. This was a few months ago, I can't even remember who the seller was, but when I checked a few days later, his postage costs were unchanged. I took this to mean that BOB were happy with his explanation?

MsPlod
I once sent a query to Community Watch when a seller was charging 5% for insured postage.. His reply that was forwarded to me was that he has to replace the cost of the lost parcel ASAP, whereas the post office can take forever.. :wtf:. This was a few months ago, I can't even remember who the seller was, but when I checked a few days later, his postage costs were unchanged. I took this to mean that BOB were happy with his explanation?

Say what????

BoB - this makes a mockery of BoB's assertion that insurance should not be higher than 2%!!

mrmouse

some companies use private insurers for all mail , I used to do that , its worth it for big volumes , we never used SAPO insurance at all , but it was a waste as we never lost a parcel .eg for any speed services freight we paid a set amount of R45 irrespective of contents , per parcel , the value would be covered to R5000. irrespective of what it was worth , some will win some wont .

admin
that is if youre in Sasolburg :oh:

That would be me, but I have more hair than him :laugh:

mrmouse

now we are getting somewhere , so I was only half lost , phew I feel a bit better now ,I knew someone important :cheesy: lived in Sasol.

qball

Not necessarily. They were probably warned. But I would need to check why it wasn't reduced. If it has not been reduced and they have been warned, I will personally take further action on that account. Very few sellers use "private" insurance companies... if you recall when this was and who the seller was? Thanks.

Prom

Speedservices insurance is now 3% and you're only counting one way sending.

MsPlod

Then you get traders who prefer sending items via courier (they charge around R130+ for that) so they use a high SAPO rate to deter folks choosing the SAPO route (and exclude the option of insurance)

"SAPO - NO INSURANCE ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE IS FOR BUYERS ACCOUNT- NOT RECOMMENDED HIGH THEFT RATE R95.00"

The upper case lettering is theirs...

Despite really wanting one of their items - I have no intention of buying from them. The shipping charges are such that they automatically add 20-25% to the price I am willing to pay for the item. PLUS - a number of the neutral and negative ratings this trader receives indicate that shipping takes a long time. I would expect that shipping via courier would make it a relatively quick transaction.

Prom

I would imagine that shipping through courier be done as soon as possible. It kinda defeats the purpose if an item is only sent 2 or 3 days later. I know some will unjustly rate neutral or negative for unavoidable delays but can understand their frustration if a high amount was paid and the posting itself took longer than SAPO.