Sign in to follow this  
mrmouse

Excessive postal charges

mrmouse    11
mrmouse
Sound Cards - USB SOUND CARD - USB 2.0 to mic + sound / speaker (ideal for laptop or desktop) was sold for R1.00 on 22 Apr at 22:31 by magicbox in Durban (ID:63685753) purchased this item from magicbox and got charged R90. for a R20.40 parcell, absolute rippoff, BOYCOTT this seller , and to top it all one is broken .another bad purchase on the list of many .:twisted:

voldermort    10
voldermort
Sound Cards - USB SOUND CARD - USB 2.0 to mic + sound / speaker (ideal for laptop or desktop) was sold for R1.00 on 22 Apr at 22:31 by magicbox in Durban (ID:63685753) purchased this item from magicbox and got charged R90. for a R20.40 parcell, absolute rippoff, BOYCOTT this seller , and to top it all one is broken .another bad purchase on the list of many .:twisted:

On the ad he clearly states shipping is R50 & 2nd item is R40 which would = R90.00, & he states it twice - you should perhaps have queried this with him before bidding.

wayjen    10
wayjen
On the ad he clearly states shipping is R50 & 2nd item is R40 which would = R90.00, & he states it twice - you should perhaps have queried this with him before bidding.

Don't we wish we could delete threads sometimes?

voldermort    10
voldermort
Don't we wish we could delete threads sometimes?

send them to the same place where all our likes are going.............

qball    10
qball

The seller's terms are very clear I'm afraid, although we will investigate the shipping charges, please email all details through to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za, with proof of the shipping charge so we can address this with the seller.

Thank you

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

I actually did , I asked him to please explain the costs , he never replied .

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

Which thread would you like to delete ???

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

and the total weight of the envelope was 150 gramm ,

qball    10
qball
I actually did , I asked him to please explain the costs , he never replied .

Unfortunately you still bid on the items when the shipping charges were available to you and therefore when you bid you agreed to the seller's terms including the shipping charges.

We will investigate further.

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

yip I know that , I was hoping the items would be bigger , heavier ,more impressive , but alas they weigh nothing ,I dont mind paying a small fee for mail , I send items off to customers every day and know what freight costs , packing tape etc , but his charges are a bit high especially when the local shops sell the item at R29 each , that I only found out today when I did a bit of homework on the product , I have to replace one because one of them the casing is broken .and it is needed for saturday .I wont be sending the damaged one back its not worth it .

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

qball, are you related to the family in durban that owns fishing camping spares shops etc.

wayjen    10
wayjen

The Seller must add to his auction that the items in the picture are not the actual size of the article being sold. Just imagine if you had done research before buying this item you would have saved plenty money.

I had a look at the link now and besides the fact that the item in question, I would assume to be small and not weigh much, the Seller has on the listing a very bright bolded section asking everyone to read the listing description and shipping fees before bidding.

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

qball, are you related to the family in durban that owns fishing camping spares shops etc.

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

it would have been nice if they were the size on the screen , i have sennheiser usb audio convertors that are that size but they weigh a decent weight these items are really tiny , the unit on its lonesome weighs a hefty 8 gramm , the sennheiser weighs 146 gramm , not easy to depict off a picture , but still i would like to know what makes up the R40 to put the second item in the same envelope and post it .I have a speed services account and for that price I can send 2kg anywhere in the country overnight .I have now once again learnt my lesson and if the postage aint right dont buy .

wayjen    10
wayjen

All we ask as Sellers is to read our listings and I mean everything on the listing to avoid confusion and time wasting. Whilst I agree that is excessive the price was stated on the auction.

Look at that other Buyer who bid R20 000.00 for two leather couches and only afterwards started asking questions, now what happens if he had won the article and this was a binding contract and he had to pay for it?

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

I am also a seller as is my wife ,I have been active on BoB for many years ,and know exactly how it works , the seller didnt answer my question by closing time so I had no choice but carry on ,I wasnt lus for all the drama of snc etc on such a cheap auction , next time i will simply cancell the purchase as I am quite entitled to .the seller I believe didnt answer my question on purpose .and makes his profit up on freight , I have again asked him to explain the freight charges , but he avoids it .would you charge an additional R40 to drop an 8 gramm item into an envelope with another one , I wouldnt sleep if I did that . just my opinion ,and I certainly wont purchase again if the freight is not in lne with sapo rates ,

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

i also think this is a debate that is timeless and will probably never be sorted , I suppose freight charges are what the seller charges , but to make it fair it should be within a set limit , but I suppose everyone will then charge the max limit ,I rest my case

qball    10
qball

Whilst I hear what you say, you could avoid this by simply not bidding (you have the opportunity to read and understand the shipping before placing your bid - yet you went ahead with the bids knowing the charges), this would resolve all the issues you may have going forward. If you feel the shipping is excessive, please report it to us for investigation.

We are still in discussions with the seller on this.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
...if the postage aint right dont buy .

Too right!

... the seller didnt answer my question by closing time so I had no choice but carry on...

As a buyer, I have learned the hard way to ask questions before bidding - no answer, no bid.

For example, I was about to ask this trader about the size of the "gemstone balls" - because the description reads "11 cm round" which I presume means circumference. Then I looked at the postage (and insurance...)!!!

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/64929774/8_different_gemstone_balls.html

Rukking the gat out of postage to be sure... Wonder whether the trader will charge R70 (+ 5% insurance) per ball...

Edited by MsPlod
e.g.

qball    10
qball

Yes, I am. :bigsmile:

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

5% insurance for SAPO items? Does this guy have rocks in his head? :)

Plus I must agree on the R70 per item - so obviously trying to recoup costs through postage... tsk tsk!

qball    10
qball
Too right!

As a buyer, I have learned the hard way to ask questions before bidding - no answer, no bid.

For example, I was about to ask this trader about the size of the "gemstone balls" - because the description reads "11 cm round" which I presume means circumference. Then I looked at the postage (and insurance...)!!!

New Age, Mineral Specimens and Crystals - 8 different gemstone balls for sale in Pretoria / Tshwane (ID:64929774)

Rukking the gat out of postage to be sure... Wonder whether the trader will charge R70 (+ 5% insurance) per ball...

Seller has been requested to provide feedback on this.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
Seller has been requested to provide feedback on this.

Not for my benefit I hope - I sure won't be placing a bid on that with those postage costs and that attitude - as sure as "eggs is eggs" - wouldn't want the karma that comes with that kind of rip off.

Thanks for keeping an eye on the issues though - it is appreciated!

qball    10
qball

This affects all buyers, so we will be checking why they charge this amount (5% insurance is not charged by the SAPO).

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

Right , used to be customers of mine , still do have of family in V town , fire, safety, medical training ,dont see them much though .