Sign in to follow this  
republikein

How to upload photo's of correct size - help required.

republikein

I have bought a new Fujifilm Finepix S2950 14MP camera. It is taking better photo's of my coins for listing on BOB, but the size is more than the maximum of 3.1MB allowed by BOB. The size of my photo's are about 5.0MB or more, thus they are rejected by BOB when trying to upload. I have resized them on the camera to 320 each, but now the pictures are a blur when I upload them to BOB. What can I do? Must I go back to my previous 5MP Fujifilm camera?

oaks and acorns

I use the thumbnail/resize function in paintshop pro (once pics have been copied onto the 'puter), very nifty and pics don't lose resolution at all - and you can resize to the pixels required. But I suspect there are lighter proggies out there that do the same job, just don't know what they are.

MiemsJewels

You can also crop your pictures.

republikein

Thanks everybody for the suggestions. I actually went again through the camera guide book of 100+ pages and reset the photo-size from Large to Small (there are also a further 3 settings per size) without losing any definition. I am able to upload again as I am within BOB's size limits.

RISadler

Try a program called IrfanView ... not only can it resize images dimensionally, but also makes the filesize within the BoB 50KB limit.

RISadler
I use ... paintshop pro ...

Which version? I'm still using 8.10 ... been thinking of buying X4 ... downloaded the trial ... but if it hasn't got 16-bit histogram functionality ...

oaks and acorns
Which version? I'm still using 8.10 ... been thinking of buying X4 ... downloaded the trial ... but if it hasn't got 16-bit histogram functionality ...

Using 9, the last one before Jasc sold out to Corel and everything changed, ugh. And just don't have the time or inclination to figure out Corel.

MsPlod
Thanks everybody for the suggestions. I actually went again through the camera guide book of 100+ pages and reset the photo-size from Large to Small (there are also a further 3 settings per size) without losing any definition. I am able to upload again as I am within BOB's size limits.

Don't forget to set it back again when you take family/holiday/scenery pics!

You can also check out this thread.

mellowred

If changing the camera settings back and forth is a nuisance, MS Office Picture Manager also has a very easy "Resize" function (Computers for Idiots easy :sneaky:). Not sure how good it is for extremely fine definition, but it works well for anything I have ever done and need to retain fine detail.

RISadler
Using 9, the last one before Jasc sold out to Corel and everything changed, ugh. And just don't have the time or inclination to figure out Corel.

Corel really dumbed-down the program with heaps of silly add-ons, instead of doing what Jasc did with the program ... create an affordable, feature-packed, very usable graphics program. Can't these guys figure out that the one and only edge PhotoShop has on the market is true and complete 16-bit support? Well, apparently the obvious is not obvious ... even GIMP isn't going to be 16-bit for some years to come.

MsPlod
Corel really dumbed-down the program with heaps of silly add-ons, instead of doing what Jasc did with the program ... create an affordable, feature-packed, very usable graphics program. Can't these guys figure out that the one and only edge PhotoShop has on the market is true and complete 16-bit support? Well, apparently the obvious is not obvious ... even GIMP isn't going to be 16-bit for some years to come.

I love GIMP! Thank for reminding me... After my recent computer wipe-out, lost all my downloaded programs - haven't donwloaded GIMP yet.

RISadler
I love GIMP! Thank for reminding me... After my recent computer wipe-out, lost all my downloaded programs - haven't donwloaded GIMP yet.

I put all my downloaded programs in a special folder and then on a rewritable DVD ... seems silly, but some software - like PaintShop Pro 8.10 - just isn't available for download anymore.

MsPlod
I put all my downloaded programs in a special folder and then on a rewritable DVD ... seems silly, but some software - like PaintShop Pro 8.10 - just isn't available for download anymore.

Not silly at all - had most of my programmes on my external hard drive as a back up - that went south shortly before my computer crashed. Growl! DVDs here I come...

oaks and acorns
Corel really dumbed-down the program with heaps of silly add-ons, instead of doing what Jasc did with the program ... create an affordable, feature-packed, very usable graphics program.

Does your version have the Animation Shop also?

RISadler
Does your version have the Animation Shop also?

Yes, but I have to save the image in PSP7 format if I want to use the layers as frames.

Just Beachin

I use Irfanview too. nice thing it's a free download. Try the "three cows" choice when selecting your download site:smile: