Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MsPlod

For CaliCraft and Gems...

4 posts in this topic

Thank you!

Bought the 20 year anniversary clock as a surprise gift for hubby (for everything he does for me) and it arrived yesterday - perfect timing after all the long weekend's driving in CT! He loves it - the clock that is!

And he must love you, too! Warmest congratulations on your 20th anniversary!

Uhm... I think you may have a few wires crossed Lily - it is Rovos Rail that had their 20th anniversary not us (we've just passed 13 years married, and 18 years together). Rovos Rail was started by Rohan Vos in 1989 and on their "anniversary trip" in 2009, gave their passengers special items including a clock, silk tie and coasters.

Hubby and I collect railwayana (South African Railways items and memorabilia) so I managed to secure the Rovos anniversary clock recently for him as a surprise. He does a lot for me, and puts up with a lot too, thus me spoiling him where I can. This year due to the shop opening I was not able to spoil him as per usual on his birthday and our anniversary (3 days apart) so I had to make up for it, and the clock was perfect!

But seeing that he is a "typical male" he still browses through the online shops and nags "ag, buy for me.... please!" - it never ends! :)

(his latest is "it's your birthday soon - what you gonna buy for me?" - I hear this every year!)

Yes, I think my train did cross the wrong tracks, Cali! (The driver was very, very tired!) But congrats on 13 years married and 18 years together anyway!