Sign in to follow this  
lilythepink

Injured while grocery shopping ...

lilythepink

Be wary when shopping for groceries, especially at the check-out tills. With all the paraphenalia of stands and items hanging, at the check-out till this morning I was unloading a trolley load of groceries onto the counter in front of the cashier. I turned around to get more groceries out and gouged my arm quite badly on an enormous butterfly screw, holding one of their contraptions together! They were pretty decent about it and apologised profusely, it got first aid treatment and I am now sporting an enormous plaster. But just be careful when you turn around in the shops - you never know what can happen!

Jongleur
Be wary when shopping for groceries, especially at the check-out tills. With all the paraphenalia of stands and items hanging, at the check-out till this morning I was unloading a trolley load of groceries onto the counter in front of the cashier. I turned around to get more groceries out and gouged my arm quite badly on an enormous butterfly screw, holding one of their contraptions together! They were pretty decent about it and apologised profusely, it got first aid treatment and I am now sporting an enormous plaster. But just be careful when you turn around in the shops - you never know what can happen!

Sue them for R150 000 000.00 !

TS Ron

Sorry to hear about that Lily do hope your injury heals quickly.. Unfortunately if that is Pic n Pay they would not care for you suing them.. I have found that the isle between the tills are at times to narrow.. I often pity people in wheel chairs in these supermarkets as well..

svw

No wonder they were so apologetic - if you do end up having to go to the Doctor they are liable and at the very least have to pay for all your medical bills. Most supermarkets have insurance for this type of thing so you don't have to feel bad about claiming against them.

lilythepink

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I am friends with the owners of the supermarket! Neither were in the shop at the time but I know they would meet medical bills. Perhaps if I lived in the USA I would sue them as my arm is quite sore but no doubt it will be a whole lot better tomorrow morning!

But I just wanted to warn others about the "risks" of shopping at supermarkets. :amuse:

Little Miss Muffet

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3165[/ATTACH]Sorry to hear about your mishap.

I dont want to draw attention away from your mishap but you better not come and visit me

I stood on a packet with stock in it ,slid into a box and went flying across the floor 2 days ago.

My foot is blue underneath, I am limping and my arm is sore

I am suing Bidorbuy

58f5a733e6408_(KGrHqMOKkME1tnQwDv5BNrpwU7QDg_12-002.jpg.9adb7f4b511c7710057d26ac116c1807.jpg

lilythepink

A woman with a plan! That's a great idea, geewhizz. Now, if only I could blame it on BoB ...!! Unfortunately, you'll have to sue them on your own this time round. (Hope you heal soon!)

I bet I have a bigger bruise than yours ...!

mellowred

Goodness me, it's a real war zone out there. Have never liked grocery shopping so now I have a good excuse ... it is just too dangerous.

And Hennie will have to pack packages, too dangerous to wonder around rooms full of stock.

Hope the two of you heal up quick.

lilythepink

Thanks, mellow. I now have to change the bed linen as I bled all over the sheets and pillowcases last night. I am not amused!

Geewhizz, I hope you're feeling a whole lot less sore this morning.

Little Miss Muffet

Hope your arm heals soon Janet

My foot is pretty sore underneath so I am walking on toes.

Vinyl Lady Decals

You two sound like you've been in a battle zone, hope you're both better soon.

wayjen

My tummy is sore, I think I ate too much over this holidays,

Get well soon Ladies!

lilythepink

It's all your naughtiness coming out, Wayne! Hope you get well soon, too.

wayjen

ha ha ha ha it's Evil Spirits I tell you.

MiemsJewels

Sorry to hear about you and Wayne Lilly. Hope you two will get well soon!

Oh yes, and Wayne, it's because you didn't think about us while eating those cookies and cakes! Shame on you!

lilythepink

Well, now I know of three lady friends who have suffered mishaps! Geewhizz, myself and a friend of mine in East London slipped on the grass and broke her ankle yesterday. That is now four people (if we include Wayne) who are aching today! What a state of affairs.

Cali Craft and Gems

And I've had a headache for the past 3 days - but that is just from the stress of CT traffic! LOL (we've been spoiled with 'dorp' traffic)

But on a serious note - Janet - you should get your doc to check out the wound as soon as possible - you just don't know how many germs could have been lurking around on that "screw" - the last thing you need is for your wound to go ugly! (been there, done that!)

We are very "germ concious" and you do not want to honestly know what is "out there"... rather be safe than sorry!

MsPlod

Ouch!

Get better soon LilythePink and Geewhizz - nasty accidents both.

I do agree with CC&G LilythePink, please make sure that that wound is thoroughly cleaned. Germ warfare out there in the shops...

lilythepink

Yes, I do have to get to the doctor - the gashes have become infected! A brickbat to Grahamstown germs ...!

lilythepink

Update: The gashes have healed up but thank goodness they happened ... no, seriously!

How often does one feel the outer fleshy part of one's arm, just below the elbow? I don't even see it when I look in the mirror but, because of the shopping trip injury which I kept feeling, I noticed a "lump". Saw the doctor on Monday this week and he decided it should be removed and, while he was removing it he found another lump next to it. Both the lumps and several vials of blood later went off to the lab for testing. Result: the lumps were both malignant but seem to have been totally removed. Blood tests all normal.

Perhaps I should be thanking PnP for helping me diagnose a potentially serious problem?

Cali Craft and Gems

As you say - it's not often that we take note of the "little things" - especially with regards to our bodies and health.

So your incident at the shops was definitely a blessing in disguise and I am glad that all is clear! :)

Vinyl Lady Decals

Wow, that was a real blessing in disguise. Great to know that you're all sorted out now.:smile::smile::smile:

lilythepink

I am still sporting 5 stitches but they will be removed next week! Whew - thank goodness this was seen in time! :oh:

svw
I am still sporting 5 stitches but they will be removed next week! Whew - thank goodness this was seen in time! :oh:

Wow......close call ! - I always maintain things happen for a reason - great to hear that everything is okay!

lilythepink

Am I glad I didn't even contemplate suing PnP!! With hindsight, I owe them a debt of gratitude!