Sign in to follow this  
mellowred

Winter has arrived

svw
Cats sleep in the bed. I end up crippled the next day. Never realised I could manipulate my arms and legs and neck into the positions I wake up in.

Going to lock the cats out tonight :cheesy:.

Trust me...nothing like a ridgeback trying to sneak onto the bed during the night!!!!!!

lilythepink

Oh yes, svw, there is something worse than your ridgeback - our large, rather plump labrador who, whilst I was away for a week, took to sleeping on my side of the bed with her head on the pillow. MrA would chase her away but as soon as he fell asleep she would be back alongside him again. Last night (my first night home) Ruby (the lab) decided she would try sleeping alongside me - the bed was far too crowded, what with 5 of our 6 cats also on top of us! Fortunately The Beak was covered over in his inside cage or he would have got jealous and chased everyone, including MrA, off the bed!

svw
Oh yes, svw, there is something worse than your ridgeback - our large, rather plump labrador who, whilst I was away for a week, took to sleeping on my side of the bed with her head on the pillow. MrA would chase her away but as soon as he fell asleep she would be back alongside him again. Last night (my first night home) Ruby (the lab) decided she would try sleeping alongside me - the bed was far too crowded, what with 5 of our 6 cats also on top of us! Fortunately The Beak was covered over in his inside cage or he would have got jealous and chased everyone, including MrA, off the bed!

Lily think I need to borrow "The Beak"!!!!!!

It was very cold this morning - don't know why I even bother to make the bed - "Juba" and yes pillows are VERY comfortable!

DSCF0995.jpg.3a6fc4f1dca66855d0866076e9729891.jpg

Edited by svw

alloway65

Shame it is a dogs life for our poor animals...our two dogs are at the moment snuggled up on a thick rug in the lounge which has underfloor heating...I think I will join them!!!:cool:

Jongleur

It was very cold this morning - don't know why I even bother to make the bed - "Juba" and yes pillows are VERY comfortable!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3421[/ATTACH]

Beautiful, healthy dog. This handsome fellow needs a Bulls doggie blanket.

svw
Beautiful, healthy dog. This handsome fellow needs a Bulls doggie blanket.

Don't start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ninja:

Jongleur
Don't start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ninja:

`Tis the season. Cant be helped.

Like the story of the scorpion and the frog.

A giant scorpion corners a frog next to a raging river. The poor frog

is terrified. But the scorpion wants to cross the river. "Tell you what says the scorpion. I`ll

make a deal with you. I`ll jump on your back and we swim across the river. Then I will spare

your life". "It`s a deal" says the frog and off they go.

Halfway across the river the scorpion stings the frog. The poor frog starts drowning. The frog, gasping

for breath asks the frog: "What did you do that for. Now we are both going to drown".

The scorpion replies: "I am a scorpion. It`s in my nature to sting".

booksallsizes

Beautiful boy! Love the slitted eye just daring you to chase hem off the bed!

svw
Beautiful boy! Love the slitted eye just daring you to chase hem off the bed!

That's what made me smile - "if I don't open my eyes then you haven't seen me" - BUT trust me - he got chased as soon as I had snapped the pic'...

svw
`Tis the season. Cant be helped.

Well............then might I remind you that the Blue Bulls were beaten by the Stormers who in turn were beaten by the Sharks!!!!!!

Jongleur
Well............then might I remind you that the Blue Bulls were beaten by the Stormers who in turn were beaten by the Sharks!!!!!!

.....who were beaten by the Lions !

My little fable was specially for you. Do you like it ?

svw
.....who were beaten by the Lions !

My little fable was specially for you. Do you like it ?

Trying to forget about that one .................... the Lions surprised us all!

The little fable is a polite way of saying that I am being irrepressible with my attitude towards the Bulls.....................:whistling:

mellowred

We are all nuts. My bed also gets left unmade until the darn cats decide it's time to get up.

He is really a beautiful boy ... shame on you SVW for chasing him off ... where is your compassion? :sad2: :cool:

svw

... shame on you SVW for chasing him off ... where is your compassion? :sad2: :cool:

My compassion is a double bed sleeper couch at the foot of the bed especially for the dogs!

mellowred
My compassion is a double bed sleeper couch at the foot of the bed especially for the dogs!

So what is the problem? You could sleep there. :cool:

Cali Craft and Gems

Okay - I really think it has snowed overnight on the nearby mountains as it is ****** cold! Geez!

Only one of our five pets has ventured outside - the dog even just went as far as putting her head out the front door then she nipped back to bed.

I'm going to go for a short drive to check out the mountains before heading to the shop this morning. This is my coldest morning ever so far! Brrr....

Cali Craft and Gems

Yip - our mountains are white! Gorgeous...

Can't wait for the weekend when hubby will be back home and we can go exploring with the bakkie.

Cali Craft and Gems

Hubby is home safely so it's a case of him unpacking the bakkie (boy did he get a lot of stuff in PE), me manning the shop until 1pm, then it's off to the mountains! Yay...

As the army is having their "war games" on for the past week or so (from 6am to 10pm), our dog is not too happy - massive bangs (bombs), etc going off that shake the entire town. I either take her to the shop, or close her in the house, but yesterday my mom fetched her and they went for a drive to the Cango Caves. Mom said that Roxy was over excited the entire drive - whimpering, barking, wagging the tail (so much so that her entire body wobbles)... and to think it used to take stacks of bribing, tugging and pushing just to get her into the car in PE to go to the parlour! Since we've moved it is a mission to get her out of the vehicles!

lilythepink

Cali, I think you might find plenty of monkeys without their brass balls up in the mountains if Grahamstown's cold is anything to go by! But have a wonderfully happy week-end.

Cali Craft and Gems

What a lovely experience! Can't wait for the "real" snowfalls if this was just a "sprinkling"...

58f5a7390c9fb_10062012snowangel.jpg.7559896ff2516c90a0e2c8a0a00695ae.jpg

58f5a73902701_10062012snowa.jpg.c6cfc207074609050324b05a4341466e.jpg

58f5a739078b9_10062012snowe.jpg.ddadca349a6c1b1d98580c5aab1b5936.jpg

staccato
The last time I got stung was terrible. My whole life flashed before me ............. receiving the Nobel Prize

for Literature, my first test in the Green and Gold at Twickenham, dates with various Supermodels ..... and

then the darkness claimed me.

Sorry. Busy with a long and involved report. Need the distraction.

You cant breathe within seconds, your skin feels like it is on fire - especially your face, your heart

races like crazy and you pass out. Not lekker.

I am very allergic, I have been stung a few times, the first was when I was in primary school, tramped on a bee at the swimming pool, went into a coma for three weeks>. I have anti histamine in my car, in the house, in my pocket, now when I am stung, my whole body especially my face swells and goes red with what looks a measles rash, I take 2 anti histamines and 30 mins later back to normal except the pills make you very sleepy. Not very lekker!

staccato

It's so cold here today, when I opened the closet to get a jersey, it was wearing my jacket!

lilythepink

Grahamstown is equally bad right now, staccato. My bottles of jojobo oil which were standing on our diningroom table have gone solid again overnight! Fortunately standing them in a jug of warm water brings them back to their liquid, useable state. It's never ever happened to me before!

Bring warm clothes when you come down at the end of the month and make sure that stabarko is wearing doggy boots and a jacket!

staccato
Moths who cares BUT it's bad luck to kill spiders !!!!!!

Please don't kill my pet spider!

spider.jpg.108ccc20c55e04ff88c5217561719913.jpg

svw
Please don't kill my pet spider!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3451[/ATTACH]

Wow!.......That's a spider and a half...