Sign in to follow this  
mellowred

Winter has arrived

MsPlod

I just love them all - whenever possible I try to get a photo before it gets set free again LOL!

Rain poured down all night - still raining now! Going to track down my divine "Moppies" fingerless gloves today... Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Jongleur

If I am away my wife uses the vacuum cleaner to catch spiders and moths. It works very well. Once the poor

creature is vacuumed up you spray Doom into the inlet while the machine is running. The long pipes you

can attach will even reach the ceiling. Cant wait for her to try and vacuum up a mouse.

Cali Craft and Gems

Anyone know how to eliminate a useless SAPO staff member? Just wasted over 2 hours fighting it out at the branch to get our parcels accepted! One old "toppie" gives us hell every time - I sent hubby with the parcels today and he phoned me to say that Daniel flat out refused to accept any of our parcels as we are "not allowed" to say the contents are samples (been doing this for years without trouble). I had to close the shop, hubby fetched me and I demanded to see the manager. Sorted things out - eventually. Went back to the counters where the queue was about 20 deep, and got to one of the friendly gents - only for him to make one mistake after the next so only got back to the shop now! Grrr.... (and it is the only branch in town so I don't exactly have a choice - the females are fine, just the men are full of !)

MsPlod
If I am away my wife uses the vacuum cleaner to catch spiders and moths. It works very well. Once the poor

creature is vacuumed up you spray Doom into the inlet while the machine is running. The long pipes you

can attach will even reach the ceiling. Cant wait for her to try and vacuum up a mouse.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

voldermort

I like your wife :grin: when the mouse came here to attack us I armed myself with a can of Doom & gave Jade one to hold as well - much to Dimitri's amusement, who had the damn audacity to spend half an hour in bed watching & laughing at us before deciding to arise out of bed & then make a cup of coffee (don't forget we were stuck on top of a table dying) before going on his mouse hunt :evil:

mellowred

I'm with MsPlod on this one. Just worrying about the day I rush off to the vet with a mouse that Tinkle has been torturing. I even feel rotten murdering ants ... the poor guys work so hard only to be gassed to death. What a life!

svw

Moths who cares BUT it's bad luck to kill spiders !!!!!!

Jongleur
Moths who cares BUT it's bad luck to kill spiders !!!!!!

I am not enthusiastic about insects in general but the ladies start screaming at the

sight of them. Even the Schnauzer barks his head off and hides from the commotion.

However ,I am hyper - allergic to bee stings. I have a kit in the cars, office, house, briefcase/laptop bag

with letters for airports, roadblocks etc from my doctor. This little condition of mine puts the girls on high

alert just in case a deadly South American Black Fanged Red Striped Moth flies out of the dark night, into our

house and bites them. Especially during The Bachelor/Bachelorette/Isidingo or some such garbage.

Remember the joke: You are so ugly/mean/hateful bees don`t sting you - they bite you.

Cali Craft and Gems

Don't mention bees!

Since we've opened the shop there is some major attraction that sends at least one into the shop every single day - I originally thought it was the bouquet of flowers I had when the shop opened (gift from my sister-in-law), but they still arrive daily. I now think that it is either all the bright colours, or the overall aroma from the incense that attracts them. I just stand dead still as he / she makes a few rounds around me before exploring the rest of the shop!

But re moths - the only time I detest them is when you just put out the bedside light and one decides to dive-bomb your head!

Jongleur
Don't mention bees!

Since we've opened the shop there is some major attraction that sends at least one into the shop every single day - I originally thought it was the bouquet of flowers I had when the shop opened (gift from my sister-in-law), but they still arrive daily. I now think that it is either all the bright colours, or the overall aroma from the incense that attracts them. I just stand dead still as he / she makes a few rounds around me before exploring the rest of the shop!

But re moths - the only time I detest them is when you just put out the bedside light and one decides to dive-bomb your head!

Bees supposedly bring good luck. Tell them to bring their friends and watch your

sales go through the roof !

svw

I've never been stung by a bee so honestly don't know what its like. Many years back when the kids were very young our second youngest was in the back of the kombi smashing flies against the windows next thing he let out a blood curding wail ..... he had mistaken a bee for a fly - last time he ever made that mistake or smashed flies again!

Jongleur
I've never been stung by a bee so honestly don't know what its like. Many years back when the kids were very young our second youngest was in the back of the kombi smashing flies against the windows next thing he let out a blood curding wail ..... he had mistaken a bee for a fly - last time he ever made that mistake or smashed flies again!

The last time I got stung was terrible. My whole life flashed before me ............. receiving the Nobel Prize

for Literature, my first test in the Green and Gold at Twickenham, dates with various Supermodels ..... and

then the darkness claimed me.

Sorry. Busy with a long and involved report. Need the distraction.

You cant breathe within seconds, your skin feels like it is on fire - especially your face, your heart

races like crazy and you pass out. Not lekker.

MsPlod
The last time I got stung was terrible. My whole life flashed before me ............. receiving the Nobel Prize

for Literature, my first test in the Green and Gold at Twickenham, dates with various Supermodels ..... and

then the darkness claimed me.

Sorry. Busy with a long and involved report. Need the distraction.

You cant breathe within seconds, your skin feels like it is on fire - especially your face, your heart

races like crazy and you pass out. Not lekker.

Felt it important to let you know that the part I "liked" was the way you described it all - NOT the fact that you are allergic to bees! Awful Len! and VERY scary...

oaks and acorns

Is called anaphylaxis and I like that Len has mentioned it - also hope he wears a medical alert bracelet.

Jongleur
Felt it important to let you know that the part I "liked" was the way you described it all - NOT the fact that you are allergic to bees! Awful Len! and VERY scary...

I would never have thought otherwise. I am glad you like the way I described it. Does this

mean I stand a chance in the Nobel Literature Awards? Non Fiction of course. If I can award

you a prize donkey and an extended stay in Bloemfontein I see no reason why you cant bribe

the committee for me.

I found a box to pack the donkey in. I have kilometers of Bubblewrap, Buff Tape, some hay for

his journey down South and an inspired crew at SAPO standing by for this epic journey. All I need

is a postal address. I can only imagine your excitement. Tarry not, fair damsel. As the great bard said:

I wasted time; now doth time waste me.

Jongleur
Is called anaphylaxis and I like that Len has mentioned it - also hope he wears a medical alert bracelet.

Got all the goodies. With my luck I will get mistaken for being vrot dronk and passed out.

booksallsizes

Yup - winter is here....

58f5a738a3ef6_sleepydogs.jpg.45e2b6448fe5945381ffe5b055092d22.jpg

Jongleur
Yup - winter is here....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3418[/ATTACH]

And I thought my deeg is spoilt !

lilythepink

Back to the weather ... it's been pretty hot here in Cape Town since I arrived with a suitcase of "warm" clothes!

voldermort
Back to the weather ... it's been pretty hot here in Cape Town since I arrived with a suitcase of "warm" clothes!

Haha all changing tonight.......rain & gale force winds expected for the next few days - I love winter :awesome:

booksallsizes
And I thought my deeg is spoilt !

And what you don't see is the toasty fireplace they're lying next to... But it gets REALLY cold here, so they have to be snuggly :whistling:

svw
Yup - winter is here....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3418[/ATTACH]

Sooooo Glad to see that I am not the only nutter that covers their dogs with a blanket ..... mine also have fleece jackets on :embarrest: ...

mellowred

I've been making fleece jackets for dogs. My friend has two Staffies. They are female, but typical Staffie, they have that "Macho" look. Don't think the burglars will be too worried about them when they have their pink coats on. :cheesy:

Cali Craft and Gems

Phoebe sleeps in the bed on the heated blanket, Rusty sleeps on top of the fluffy blanket on the bed, KitKat hogs the soft blanket in the lounge on my couch, Sooty curls up in the middle of the continental pillow on the single chair, and Roxy (dog) curls up on her blanket either in the lounge or next to my bed. (or hogs the double bed in the spare room if I've forgotten the door open!)

And me... I freeze sleeping "alone" while hubby is in PE. :(

mellowred

Cats sleep in the bed. I end up crippled the next day. Never realised I could manipulate my arms and legs and neck into the positions I wake up in.

Going to lock the cats out tonight :cheesy:.