Sign in to follow this  
ziggy2000

Forum Hacked?

wayjen

ha ha ha ha ha ha yeah but seriously there was some incidents there with schools which issued out laptops being able to activate the camera features and were spying on kids in their rooms etc, it caused a big stink over there.

The Man Is Watching Your Every Move!!

svw

Sam, those hacker types messed with your pc via the forum. I suggest you switch off your monitor because they can see you through it.

LOL ...... We had a similar incident many years back when we had the internet linked up to the computers at work - my husband told our one staff member who worked on the computer that now she could be watched and that even when we we not at work we we able to monitor the office and see what was going on - how many smoke and coffee breaks etc were being taken - she believed it!

wayjen

ha ha ha ha.

A few years ago I read/heard about an experiment or something where someone would put a picture of an eye or eyes on the wall in a shop or office and people were actually intimidated by it because although it was only a picture they still felt they were being watched.

Jongleur
It's gonna be another long night for admin and the team again, Sam needs help.

Proved to be a small problem after all. When I saw this post I packed it in

for the night but it got me thinking why it is that you guys fiddle with the settings

in the first place. It is not as though computers are forgiving when they get forced into

open revolt by users clicking where they should not be clicking. Especially by users in the

land of the Kingdom of Helen ! After all, you do have a nuclear reactor and things that must

perforce not be played around with. It could lead to Helen launching an atomic attack on the

rest of the Republic. In my part of the world we have no such fears for we have no such toys

to play with but we never torment our computers by adjusting settings ! We limit ourselves to

clicking on smileys, bold type and such like. And not annoying Helen - just in case.

voldermort
Proved to be a small problem after all. When I saw this post I packed it in

for the night but it got me thinking why it is that you guys fiddle with the settings

in the first place. It is not as though computers are forgiving when they get forced into

open revolt by users clicking where they should not be clicking. Especially by users in the

land of the Kingdom of Helen ! After all, you do have a nuclear reactor and things that must

perforce not be played around with. It could lead to Helen launching an atomic attack on the

rest of the Republic. In my part of the world we have no such fears for we have no such toys

to play with but we never torment our computers by adjusting settings ! We limit ourselves to

clicking on smileys, bold type and such like. And not annoying Helen - just in case.

I fling my arms up in the air at such talk - let it be noted that I have never fiddled with my settings but if you are referring to the guys at BoB, well then just between you & I, I think you are right :amuse:

Jongleur
I fling my arms up in the air at such talk - let it be noted that I have never fiddled with my settings but if you are referring to the guys at BoB, well then just between you & I, I think you are right :amuse:

Never ? Never ? Not even a teensy weensy little dabbling ? Just to see what happens ? I have and

the results were anything but good. Like teasing a Black Mamba.

The guys at BoB ? Whenever the heavyweights get called in I avoid the forum because someone, somewhere,

must have done something. Asking questions such as where the "like" button has gone evokes their ire. I think

I shall retire to the couch until it comes back.

voldermort
Never ? Never ? Not even a teensy weensy little dabbling ? Just to see what happens ? I have and

The guys at BoB ? Whenever the heavyweights get called in I avoid the forum because someone, somewhere,

must have done something. Asking questions such as where the "like" button has gone evokes their ire. I think

Ok so to answer all this step by step....when I get the urge to fiddle I do so on Dimitri's pc when he is not looking, never, never on mine therefore it stands to reason that my pc is still as it was when bought :amuse:

yes, very true, someone somewhere did do something - the hackers buggered up my settings :mad:

the like button - aha - I understand what Mr R said about disabling it due to its vulnerability but I don't understand why it was vulnerable, have these hackers made off with all our likes & if they hack in again will they just distribute all these combined likes randomly, is that their evil plan :hm: I for one, miss the like button - there is a lot of stuff I have wanted to like in the past few days & I cannot.

lilythepink

You're a wise owl, voldermort! Wise indeed. And, yes, I think we're all missing the "like" button. Withdrawal symptoms anyone else ...? These folk in BoB IT are taunting us!

mellowred

Here in this house ... I Am Helen. Then we have Hennie who never shows any interest in the computer until he has had a B&C too many. He has managed to do things on here I did not even know you could do.

Pity for him, I always know. Desktop backgrounds don't just change at will in the middle of the night. :rolleyes:

mellowred

Too darn lazy to save and paste the Like picture ... so will just

Like!!!!

Hey we can even do a

Really Really Like!!!! :laugh:

wayjen

Ok I have a PM from one of the hackers and it's opened but I did not open it, did someone from BoB perhaps open it (Cuan?), I do not want to go double check if it's one of my own as I know for a fact that they have changed the name of one of the forum members in my PM account.

Vinyl Lady Decals

I miss it terribly, would love to have it back, but as I understand it, it allowed the hackers to find a way into hacking the forum, so then rather not until the vulnerability is patched.

oaks and acorns
Ok I have a PM from one of the hackers and it's opened but I did not open it, did someone from BoB perhaps open it (Cuan?), I do not want to go double check if it's one of my own as I know for a fact that they have changed the name of one of the forum members in my PM account.

Wait till you find your inbox messages are in the sent items box, or some such.

~eerie music~

wayjen

Ok PM was from a forum member but I was worried because the hackers had changed the names of you guys in my pm box so did not want to open it.

voldermort
Ok PM was from a forum member but I was worried because the hackers had changed the names of you guys in my pm box so did not want to open it.

They did the same damn thing to all of mine :mad:

Jongleur
Ok so to answer all this step by step....when I get the urge to fiddle I do so on Dimitri's pc when he is not looking, never, never on mine therefore it stands to reason that my pc is still as it was when bought :amuse:

yes, very true, someone somewhere did do something - the hackers buggered up my settings :mad:

the like button - aha - I understand what Mr R said about disabling it due to its vulnerability but I don't understand why it was vulnerable, have these hackers made off with all our likes & if they hack in again will they just distribute all these combined likes randomly, is that their evil plan :hm: I for one, miss the like button - there is a lot of stuff I have wanted to like in the past few days & I cannot.

Ha Ha. Lily is right - you are a wise owl. If anyone goes near my computer I have a hissy fit. Finding downloads

of Hanna Montana, Justin Bieber and assorted riff - raff puts me in a dark frame of mind.

wayjen
They did the same damn thing to all of mine :mad:

The problem now is that we don't know who is sending messages and because of that I was not sure about opening up the message incase it was a scam/phishing attempt.

wayjen
Ha Ha. Lily is right - you are a wise owl. If anyone goes near my computer I have a hissy fit. Finding downloads

of Hanna Montana, Justin Bieber and assorted riff - raff puts me in a dark frame of mind.

I thought Hanna Montana and Justin Bieber were one and the same person?

Not1CentMore

All mine are from "Array". Hmmm.... First name must be 'Hip-Hip'.

Ruthie

Jongleur
I thought Hanna Montana and Justin Bieber were one and the same person?

Ha Ha. I ran that by my daughter. She says they are both blonde but one is a boyyyyyy and one

is a girllllllllllllllllllll. So now we all know.

voldermort
The problem now is that we don't know who is sending messages and because of that I was not sure about opening up the message incase it was a scam/phishing attempt.

Well I am NOT opening mine - they can all stay there until somebody removes them.

wayjen
All mine are from "Array". Hmmm.... First name must be 'Hip-Hip'.

Ruthie

Yip all mine are from the same person Array too.

voldermort

All Dimitri has to worry about finding is half naked pics of Bruce Willis, Telly Savalas etc etc then I hear the well worn moan of "dammit Sam" :rolleyes:

wayjen
Well I am NOT opening mine - they can all stay there until somebody removes them.

One could be from BoB telling you you had one something?

voldermort
Yip all mine are from the same person Array too.

seems Array has bn a busy person................