Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ziggy2000

Forum Hacked?

130 posts in this topic

HI Team, Last night when I tried to get onto the Forum a huge black message came up with "HACKED and some more jumbled writing". This lasted for most of last night, this morning it is fine again. Anything to worry about?

Maintenance right through early Saturday

I was also worried and took a screenshot; nasty looking page.

58f5a733a5a4b_Fullscreencapture27042012075354PM_bmp.jpg.e8ea531518a8e80f3828baf2100f18c6.jpg

HI Team, Last night when I tried to get onto the Forum a huge black message came up with "HACKED and some more jumbled writing". This lasted for most of last night, this morning it is fine again. Anything to worry about?

All your pm's will be printed in the Nigerian weekly :toung:

Don't forget the Chinese, Red Indians and the schoolboy hackers!

Well whoever they are ... they are not a friendly bunch ... they have removed the "Like" button :worried:

The forum got hacked yesterday around 7pm - this affected a large number of forums using VBulletin software across the globe due to a vulnerability in VBulletin. Once Andries contacted me, we took the forum down and removed the server from the network and started rebuilding the forum with the latest security patches (the forum was just over two weeks rebuild on the then most recent release).

We are still investigating how exactly this could happen, but no user data was compromised (the vulnerability in essence overwrote our start-pages with the message in turkish you saw last night).

So what are the Turks doing with our "Like" button. Do they have masses stored on their own data base somewhere?

So what are the Turks doing with our "Like" button. Do they have masses stored on their own data base somewhere?

My "likes" on my profile page is gone too:hm:....and I worked so hard for them...lol.

My "likes" on my profile page is gone too:hm:....and I worked so hard for them...lol.

Darn! I hadn't even thought to check that - so we have to start buying them all over again(??).:hm:

Darn! I hadn't even thought to check that - so we have to start buying them all over again(??).:hm:

HAha......haha.

They stole my "likes" who do I speak to regarding this?

I sucked up pretty hard to get those likes and I will be damned if some foreign types are gonna steal them from me.

I sucked up pretty hard to get those likes and I will be damned if some foreign types are gonna steal them from me.

They were sympathy votes Wayne. I'm sure you'll get them back .... LOL.

Haha....."LIKED"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3151[/ATTACH]

& now my photo thing is doing funny things - most of the time it will only let me upload images from URL, but I don't want it from URL, I want it from My Computer & it's only giving me that option now & again :hm: have these foreign types done something to our photo things?

Like.JPG.d7a8fc36623a7a0e2967fa3fd9985746.JPG

~falls off the floor laughing~

Ouch. Think rather a polite giggle, for now.

I am going back to a restore point to retrieve my "like" and cash them out before I get swindled again.

Damn them!!!

They stole my "likes" who do I speak to regarding this? I sucked up pretty hard to get those likes and I will be damned if some foreign types are gonna steal them from me.

834347852_LikeButton_answer_1_xlarge.gif.07f71aedb44d0027508c5277b9202135.gif

ROFL_C16.gif

Ruthie

Hi Admin

Looks like Private messaging is not working. I just sent a message to Seeds for Africa and it's "gone", not showing in my sent folder.

Please look into it. Thanks.

Sorry Admin, please ignore my previous post, I figured out why my message was not showing.

Thanks anyway.

All your pm's will be printed in the Nigerian weekly :toung:

HUH? :thinking:

Hi

Voldermort, are you still having issues with image? please try again and let me know.

The like buttons are related to a plugin called VBSEO which is a plugin which we have in the interim, disabled due to it's many vulnerabilities.

Please advise if you find any further issues. You are welcome to pm me or Admins

Thank you

You are welcome to pm me or Admins

Well we may be able to PM you, but sorry we can't "like" you :laugh:

Hi

Voldermort, are you still having issues with image? please try again and let me know.

The like buttons are related to a plugin called VBSEO which is a plugin which we have in the interim, disabled due to it's many vulnerabilities.

Please advise if you find any further issues. You are welcome to pm me or Admins

Thank you

Thanks for the reply. The image problem on the forum is still the same, if I try to upload an image I will get the "from Url" option constantly & maybe 1 in 10x I will get the "from Computer" option which is the option I need to upload any images on the forum.

Url.JPG.64ad81746b744aeeac86994c50e596bb.JPG This is the option I am constantly getting which I can do nothing with.........

Url2.JPG.fa9f3182d2841f8896383cb2c20cc812.JPG This is the option that I need & which I am only getting after numerous attempts. Incidentally when I get the "from Url" option only & if I go advanced, the insert image on advanced will have disappeared as well.