Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

*&%*@#*^%*

Not1CentMore

Buyer has been sent link to thread. If she has questions / concerns, perhaps they can be addressed / answered by some of the more 'seasoned' (those who have been around the block a time or two) Forum members.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

qball

Guys, please look at it from the buyer's point of view, the shipping equals about R7000, for any South African, that is a lot of money. If you buy an item that consists of a set of 6 pieces, you are charging R385 per item on that transaction (6 small wine things at R385, could probably be combined in one shipment). To any South African this would appear to be very high indeed. This does not make it right for the buyer to simply alter the shipping. I think it is more complicated than simply ignoring the terms. I almost spat my hot chocolate out this morning when I saw the total for the shipping...

Fees charged for enhancements and promotions may NOT be added to shipping costs.

We will look into this further.

voldermort
the shipping equals about R7000, for any South African, that is a lot of money.

Wow that is probably the value of my car. :wtf: Whilst I don't agree that any buyer should be able to change shipping costs as they feel fit & I also do know how frustrating it can be when buyers do not read t&c's thoroughly - surely if one buyer purchases eg: 10x items you could combine the shipping? I do understand what you are saying that various items may have to be sourced from different warehouses but then even if it means buyer would have to wait longer for their items to be delivered surely this would be a more reasonable option? Personally I would have no problem waiting even months if it were going to save me thousands in shipping. Just a suggestion.

Not1CentMore

qball... thank-you. Please allow me to clarify "Set of 6 pieces, you are charging R385 per item on that transaction (6 small wine things at R385, could probably be combined in one shipment)"... the 12-pieces is one set and ships as a set; one parcel. Each plate does not ship separately. Each container of 12-pieces measures 10 x 10 x 10" (probably extra 'padding' as they are ceramic') and weighs 3.9-lbs. Buyer bought 6 sets of 12 items each.

Each 'auction' ships separately...not each individual piece.

I do not add FVF or 'promo' fees to shipping; shipping is shipping only. If I worded wrongly, please accept my apology.

Thank-you.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

Cali Craft and Gems

No surprises here... just another copycat buyer / seller!

Item bought from another seller: Women's Watches - R22500.00 LOCMAN ITALY 24 Diamond Mother of Pearl Karung Snake Band was sold for R1,550.00 on 25 Apr at 22:01 by Fat dog trading in Mossel Bay (ID:63687558)

Her listing: Women's Watches - Locman Italy 24 Diamond Watch with Handmade Karung Snake Leather Band for sale in Pretoria / Tshwane (ID:64977831)

Notice the enormous price mark-up! (and she even goes as far as copying the wording for the listing directly from the seller... tsk tsk! Can't even think of her own description!)

Not1CentMore

A BIG shoutout to qball....

(and all of BoB's staff)

Excessive shipping charge warning reversed. (thank-you!)

SNCs were filed for all items and SNCs were appealed. 'Someone' determined 'no fault'. (thank-you!) When I file a SNC, it is ONLY to recoup FVFs, not a personal attack against Buyer. The SNCs are worded 'nicely'...even if the Buyer has been 'a piece of work'.

After scratching my head and 'trying' to find a way to keep this from happening in the future, I have closed ALL open auctions without bids and will be re-listing them, one by one, with shipping costs in the 'price'....no shipping fees. What the winning bid is, that is the amount the Buyer pays. On 'multiples', if Buyer wants 2 or 22, he / she pays xxx-number of R x quantity desired. No 'frills': insurance or registered (verification of post only at www.usps.com). Fingers crossed, this should keep the 'eye candy', 'click-before-reading' buyers in their little corner. I do not have control over USPS shipping costs, but perhaps this way, Buyer will not be 'confused'.

Still scratching my head to figure out how to avoid 'issues' for auctions listed Crazy Wednesday / Snap Friday. That, for me, is when the 'crazies crawl out of the woodwork', bidding on one, two or ten auctions and then baling. I have tried: READ BEFORE BIDDING, but that doesn't do a 'spit' of good. I 'thought' about putting shipping in ( ) in Title BEFORE name of item, but that will probably be 'spit in the wind' too. Suggestions?

Thanks again, all, for allowing me to 'vent' and a super-duper thanks to qball and all the staff at BoB.

Ruthie

svw

What if you try overtyping the shipping details ontop of the picture in bright pulsating colours.

MsPlod
No surprises here... just another copycat buyer / seller! .... Notice the enormous price mark-up! (and she even goes as far as copying the wording for the listing directly from the seller... tsk tsk! Can't even think of her own description!)

Little wonder she doesn't want to pay realistic shipping - she is trying to scoop up bargains to resell... Methinks she is going to come VERY short. What goes around - REALLY goes around!

lilythepink

You are right, so right, MsPlod. And we are often here to see it!

mellowred

Boggles my brain. How do people expect to get away with things like that in the long term?

The problem with greed is you get so hungry you end up consuming yourself.

MsPlod
The problem with greed is you get so hungry you end up consuming yourself.

Excellent!!

oaks and acorns
Excellent!!

I'll second that.

Not1CentMore
What if you try overtyping the shipping details ontop of the picture in bright pulsating colours.

Dumb 'n dumber here; haven't the foggiest how to do that, but....

If this isn't 'black and white' enough....

Start buildin' a boat 'n gatherin' the animals two-by-two 'cause there's a flood a-comin' 209E0412a.gif .

Ruthie

svw

Yep - looks pretty good. I did notice what stood out even more is when you put the shipping costs first before the title description than at the end

Not1CentMore
Yep - looks pretty good. I did notice what stood out even more is when you put the shipping costs first before the title description than at the end

Thank-you. Done.

Ruthie

RISadler

Nope. People don't see postage as part of the cost. To them, the cost of the linked item is R1. That's it. That's what they are paying. Postage is this black hole thing that just happens. It's not thought of or factored into the cost. Now they complain about the postage being "too high." What they don't see is that the postage is an integral part of the price paid the item.

It's how it is. A fact, a reality. Observable, yet undefinable. Unexplained. Unchangeable. Like gravity.

Cali Craft and Gems

"Waving a red flag at Ruthie"...

You've made a mistake! R285 is in the title!

Not1CentMore
People don't see postage as part of the cost. To them, the cost of the linked item is R1. That's it. That's what they are paying. Postage is this black hole thing that just happens. It's not thought of or factored into the cost. Now they complain about the postage being "too high." What they don't see is that the postage is an integral part of the price paid the item.

And that is why I have closed ALL auctions, save those with bids, and relisting one-by-one with the bid amount including shipping; no shipping fees! (Will modify shipping costs under Shipping & Payment tab after those open with winning bids close.)

Almost 250 under my belt....only 1000+ to go. I am soooooooooo NOT going down this road again!

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

Not1CentMore
"Waving a red flag at Ruthie"...

You've made a mistake! R285 is in the title!

Janet...please explain. Brain dead here. I was 'trying' to let potential Buyers know that shipping was R285.00 (have these in stock) from the USA, so that if/when they bid R1 they would, 'fingers crossed', KNOW to add R285.00 shipping to their bid/win amount.

Ruthie

RISadler

Exactly. What people don't understand is that when they buy something from a shop, the price includes all the transport costs to get that item to the shop for them to buy. But suddenly, on the Internet that last transport cost magically disappears. Perhaps they think we should email them their purchases?

Cali Craft and Gems

Okay - perhaps it's me - way past my bed time!

The amount in the shipping block / tab shows R385 per item so does not match the listing and title.

CCG

Not1CentMore
Okay - perhaps it's me - way past my bed time!

The amount in the shipping block / tab shows R385 per item so does not match the listing and title.

CCG

You are correct. Reckon I could change the R285 to R385 (so to match what is under Shipping & Payment tab), but it would be waaaaay to much for postage USPS First Class International. The auctions still open with bids...shipping is R385.00. Aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhh!

Ruthie

svw
Aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhh!

Ruthie

Sorry Ruthie don't start pulling all your hair out yet I think all of us on this side of the Atlantic need to go to bed "not seeing straight" .... have a cuppa and take couple of deep breaths

PS:- give us fair warning before you send a Tsunami in our direction....