Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

*&%*@#*^%*

Not1CentMore

If I leave out the 'bad' words / thoughts, I won't be saying or thinking a thing!

Buyer bids/wins 8 auctions; totaling 20 items. Buyer checks out, changing 'actual' shipping charges to 0 AND remits PayPal payment for R20.00.

Given the 8-hour time difference between us, I was only able to send winning email notification for each auction bid/won after payment received.

Buyer replies she is not paying for shipping.

Email sent to Buyer thanking her for her email and I 'tried' to explain shipping charges are carefully noted under 'Shipping & Payment' tab, to which Buyer replies I am NOT paying shipping charges.

I reply, thanking Buyer again for her email and tell her that I will file a SNC in 7-days and copy/paste BoB's rules for filing a SNC, highlighting: "The Buyer does not fulfill the deal (this includes Buyer backing out or not paying, having a financial or family emergency or claiming the terms of the sale are unacceptable)".

PayPal payment reverted and transaction of payment reverted sent via email (and via BoB's message system noting copy/paste Buyer's email and noting that SNC will be filed in 7-days).

Buyer sends email saying she is contacting BoB AND (you are ready for this, right?)... You received full payment for the items bid on, you were not harmed in any way. (I 'eat' promo fees; Snap Friday?) I have just bid on an item, this is an extract from the t&c’s: "If you are the winning bidder, you will be legally bound to purchase the item from the seller". I did purchase the item from you, the seller, which means that I adhered to the t&c’s. File the SNC. You do not have a foot to stand on, but you are welcome to try.

Buyer seems to 'think' that she has adhered to BoB's terms by paying for items only and then deciding she can 'shine on' Seller's T&C that 'all is well with the world'.

I so wish I had a bung hunk of Hershey's chocolate..... and a slingshot!

Thanks for allowing me to 'blow off some steam'.

Ruthie

Cali Craft and Gems

It is buyers such as these that should also be "named and shamed" - they are a disgrace to those honest individuals who (as buyers or sellers) make life a breeze for the person on the other end of the deal! Some people are plain and simply chancers - and extremely arrogant ones at that too!

Easier said than done, but take a chill pill Ruthie - or at least a good strong cup of something whilst you wait for the BoB offices to open in about 8 hours time...

(finally heading off to bed before tackling the shop again in the morning... *yawn*)

MiemsJewels

UUUGGGHHH!!! Never a dull moment!

Look at this.....

Buyers e-mail:

HI

CAN YOU TELL ME HOW MANY ITEMS I AM ALLOWED TO BUY OF MY BID FOR : STORY OF FLOWER LADIES PERFUME

WXXXX

Sellers answer: ............o yes, and so by the way....the seller (sucker) is me.

Do you mean at R1 each for the Story of flower perfume?

Regards

Miems

Buyer's reply:

The price is the winning bid but how many item may I buy?

icon8.png *&%*@#*^%*

Sellers answer:

Hi WXXXX,

There was only 1 bottle listed, and your winning bid was R1.00 + R35 shipping.

I can put more bottles for you on my buy now items at R65 per bottle.

Regards

miems

Instead of charging her R45 per bottle on Buy now, I charged her R65.......... LOL.....She did not reply.......lol

JohnBenn

All I can say is.....WTF?

Not1CentMore

Cali... it is the 'snotty', 'snippy' attitude that 'gripes my backside' and you can 'bet a dollar to a donut' she will appeal any SNC. After all, it wasn't her fault. (Sleep tight.)

Miems... gotta love 'em. Either that or find a chunk o' chocolate and a heavy-duty slingshot.

Ruthie

lilythepink

I've got a buyer who decided she can't buy the item because "you don't offer PayPal".

Hey, I have never offered PayPal and if she'd read my listing properly she'd have seen that before she bid.

Not1CentMore

oldpeople.gif

'Stick me with a fork... I'm done'!

Buyer is STILL at it. Now, her parents are on holiday in the USA and, if I insist she take the items, they can collect and take back to SA when they return home. (First paragraph in auction: Special Order (not in stock) - This item is ordered direct from the manufacturer upon auction closing and receipt of payment.) So, her parents are going to hoppity-scotch all around the US from NY to CA to wherever to stand at a warehouse door (no store fronts) and do....what?

(continuing)...I do not request a refund and am aware of the fact that I have been legally bound to purchase the items bid on from you, and which I adhered to, you yourself deciding that you’d prefer to refund me. (Yes, I did; R20.00 AFTER she said she would not pay for shipping - There is NO WAY my supplier is going to ship from their warehouse to her home / office...FREE).

(and more)... Alternatively I regard this matter as finalised and the SNC you are planning to file of zero value and believe that Bid or Buy will rule in my favour as I have adhered to the following terms & conditions:" If you are the winning bidder, you will be legally bound to purchase the item from the seller" - Items were purchased.

(and finally)... It makes me think that you are profiting from the shipping costs and which I will request Bid or Buy to have a look into should you wish to proceed with the SNC. If shipping doesn’t take place, no additional costs are incurred therefore you do not have any additional expenses. (USPS Global Priority; non-expedited, 4 - 6 weeks in transit is $23.50USD LESS than the lowest of attached copy/paste from USPS for ONE parcel, 20 x 10 x 5" weighing 6-lbs AND...additional expenses: Fees incurred for listing Snap Friday aren't expenses?)

Ship.jpg.d5ab054402a449a95a620fc0a7f005c1.jpg

I tried to explain, not once, but twice. I am so done with it! I am NOT replying to any of her email and just filing the SNC. It will be up to BoB to (fingers crossed) see through her 'smoke'.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

Fashion Police

There's no words....the buyer is being very unrealistic - from what little magical world or bubble is she?

mellowred

Ruthie, with all the legal T&Cs being thrown your way, it looks to me like this "buyer" had no intention of buying your items. Her only intention was to report you for excessive shipping charges.

Is she recently registered? How many items has she purchased in the past?

mellowred

Ok I found her. She buys bulk on the R1 auctions.

364 purchases as from the 19th April 2012. 154 positive rating from sellers. Not one rating given to sellers (this could be because she has not received anything yet).

Perhaps you should invite her to the forum. As a new "buyer" it seems she is a bit confused about the rules!

lilythepink

Yes, that is an excellent suggestion. Invite all "difficult" buyers to the forum.

I sometimes think that it should be compulsory for all new users to join the forum, if only to get easy access to the rules!

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Ruthie

Please identify this difficult buyer for us so that we can keep an eye out for her bids and delete them.

Not1CentMore

Buyer is fairly new; 19 April 12 with 166 positives from Sellers and no ratings to Sellers.

Although it would seem she is confusing BoB's: "If you are the winning bidder, you will be legally bound to purchase the item from the seller" with the T&C of individual Sellers, I do not feel 'comfy' hanging her 'name' out for all to see. Should she be found 'at fault' when the SNC is filed and complete, I will add her to the 'deadbeat buyer' thread.

Yes, I could send her a link to this thread, but am 'thinking' it may be more harmful than helpful. I am not sure, given the 'history' so far that any 'seed' of help planted would 'bear fruit'... and, it may do more harm than good what with her 'turning the tables' and being 'sassy' and / or 'snippy' to the person offering help and this thread 'evolving' into something 'not so nice'.

Insofar as shipping costs, my bank or credit card statement can confirm any / all costs to ship. Goodness, I recently sent two parcels, each just shy of 4-pounds to one of our Forum family members (sale through BoB) and the cost, registered and insured, USPS Global Priority, was a tad over $55.00USD each. USPS Global Priority is costly, but a 'drop in the bucket' compared to UPS/FedEx/DHL.

Now to figure out, when the SNC is filed, how to condense all the 'hoopla' into 1000 characters or less so BoB has a complete 'picture' and not a box of puzzle pieces... with a few pieces missing.

Ruthie

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Ruthie

I would suggest that you send an additional email for the SNC referring to the SNC and attaching all the emails between her and yourself, that way they can see everything. As far as I am aware, shipping is considered part of the transaction and she won't get away with it, no matter what gibberish she throws your way, its just a pity about the fees you have now lost.

Edited by Vinyl Lady Decals

Not1CentMore
Hi Ruthie

I would suggest that you send an additional email for the SNC referring to the SNC and attaching all the emails between her and yourself, that way they can see everything. As far as I am aware, shipping is considered part of the transaction and she won't get away with it, no matter what gibberish she throws your way, its just a pity about the fees you have now lost.

I thought so, too.

Thank-you. I shall send an email to..... whom?.... forwarding ALL copies email sent / received and add link to this post. I have already been 'put on notice' should a SNC be filed, it will be appealed and the 'consequences' for doing so. Poor BoB... as if they didn't have real 'fires' to put out.

Ruthie

lilythepink

Ruthie, if you've been using the seller's message service on your sales' page, just refer communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za to all your sent emails to the buyer. This means you just need to copy the buyer's emails to you. Good luck.

Not1CentMore
Ruthie, if you've been using the seller's message service on your sales' page, just refer communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za to all your sent emails to the buyer. This means you just need to copy the buyer's emails to you. Good luck.

Thank-you... to all.

I have 4 - 5 'messages'. Max is around 2000 characters, so had to do 'pages'; 1, 2, 3, etc. Everything is there including copy/paste, date and time, her email to me with my 'response' to those email. When I file the SNC Friday, I will 'recap' and 'Please see all messages sent via BoB's Message System' and send email to CW referencing same and offering to forward all email received/sent upon request. I will also add this thread's url for reference; BoB's and Buyer's.

Ruthie

lilythepink

Sounds like you should be on an extra-strength tonic to build up your strength for the long haul, Ruthie!

kyle2
If I leave out the 'bad' words / thoughts, I won't be saying or thinking a thing!

I so wish I had a bung hunk of Hershey's chocolate..... and a slingshot!

Thanks for allowing me to 'blow off some steam'.

Ruthie

This buyer seems to be smoking something very interesting, I think this would be more effective than a slingshot! big-machine-gun.gif

Not1CentMore

Well, she turned me in for 'excessive shipping costs' (Auction 4763677) and I received a 'warning': It has come to our attention that you are charging high or excessive shipping fees. Please kindly refrain from doing so, failure to do so may lead to your account being disabled.

I replied (as follows), sending costs for last several shipments:

As noted under Shipping & Payment tab: Each item may ship from a different warehouse even if ordered from the same company. Items are invoiced individually and shipped separately and cannot be combined. This includes 'multiples' of same item. For example: The auction is for six items. You bid/win six items. You pay six separate shipping charges. I have NO control over this. Orders are processed and sent to shipping. They do NOT get processed and shipped at the same time. I DO NOT buy all items from the same supplier.

Let me use auction 64163980 as an example: Size of container is 20 x 10 x 5" shipped USPS Global Priority to South Africa.... See Attached / this is the same one from above....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3220[/ATTACH]

(verify at www.usps.com). Shows Express Mail Guaranteed and Express Mail International. USPS Global Priority is $23.50USD LESS then Express Mail International, or $48.60USD. USPS charges by ACTUAL WEIGHT as well as VOLUMETRIC WEIGHT.

Recent shipments:

Auction xxxxx

[TABLE=align: center]

[TR=class: primary alternateRow]

[TD=class: dateInfo]Apr 20, 2012

[/TD]

[TD=class: flagInfo]This debit card purchase is eligible for cash back.

[/TD]

[TD=class: paymentTypeInfo]Debit Card Signature Purchase To

[/TD]

[TD=class: emailInfo]USPS 47811202714233019 SPRING CREEK TN

[/TD]

[TD=class: paymentStatusInfo]Completed

[/TD]

[TD=class: detailsNoPrint][/TD]

[TD=class: orderStatus small][/TD]

[TD=class: cur_val]-$154.89

[/TD]

[TD=class: cur_val][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Auction xxxxx - SEE ATTACHMENT FROM PAYPAL MASTERCARD

PayPal.jpg.0aa461d2a3fff917585e0914da4dabb7.jpg

Auction xxxxx -

[TABLE=class: dataTable, width: 100%]

[TR=class: alternatingItem]

[TD]04/24/2012

[/TD]

[TD]CARD

[/TD]

[TD]USPS 4781120271 9402

[/TD]

[TD]$40.50

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Auction - xxxxx

[TABLE=class: dataTable, width: 100%]

[TR=class: alternatingItem]

[TD]04/13/2012

[/TD]

[TD]CARD

[/TD]

[TD]USPS 4781120271 8329

[/TD]

[TD]$39.75

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Now what? Is there anyone at BoB I can contact direct?

I DO NOT inflate my shipping costs. A few parcels may be a tad less than shipping costs as noted under Shipping & Payment tab, but more than a few are 'spot on' or over.

Ruthie

Ship.jpg.78db7f9b73f8ef5196b45832a68a12f5.jpg

Edited by Not1CentMore

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Ruthie

Contact Cuan directly about this to sort this out, you can send him a PM at qball. That will be the best way to get this sorted out.

mellowred

Ruthie your shipping fees are very visible ... so is the fact that you are in the United States. Your terms are so clear and concise that this whole issue is really ridiculous.

The "buyer" is buying up in bulk and scoring on the shipping fees. Good for her, I have no problem what so ever with that.

But I also believe she is setting out to "expose" sellers whom she thinks charge excessive shipping fees. She has logged up 739 purchases in two weeks and has been rated for 231. It would be very interesting if BoB could check on any issues she has with other sellers who for various reasons do not combine shipping.

The fact that she was throwing the BoB rule book at you tells me that she knew very well what your fees were before she bid, and chose to totally disregard them and see if she can get away with it.

Keep us up to date on this one.

You have 108 positive ratings from buyers who understood and paid your shipping fees. The e-mail from BoB sounds like a generic letter sent out for each complaint that is received, so all you need to do now is relax and wait for a response to your reply.

Not1CentMore

Tananka... Thank-you. I sent a PM with copy/paste of email reply to qball (as above) AND asked he read ALL messages sent via BoB's Message System to TurquoisePisces (really did NOT want to name names, but....) and I will gladly forward all email should he request it. He is so dog-chase-tail busy, but I am 'fingers crossed' he will address and advise in next day or two.

My Not1CentMore account has over 5000 positive ratings since 2005; 99.52%. I have worked long and hard to 'prove' myself to SA residents and would NEVER think to inflate costs just to feed the piggy a few pennies. USPS is NOT cheap....and rates are going up in June!

Mandy... (as they say here) "One would think" everything was 'black and white', but 'reckon' not. I have 'tweaked' the 'wording' in Shipping & Payment more times than I can count so that, hopefully, even someone with the brains of a box of rocks could understand it.

She has logged up 739 purchases in two weeks and has been rated for 231. It would be very interesting if BoB could check on any issues she has with other sellers who for various reasons do not combine shipping.
She said in one of her email that she has 'baled' on other Sellers for shipping and they had no problem refunding her monies. Refunding her monies is not an issue...already done...and even that 'upset her little apple cart'.

Will sit back and see how it all 'shakes out'. I am done with Crazy Wednesday / Snap Friday. Seems that is when ALL the crazies crawl out of the woodwork and then there is always one who can't accept responsibility for their own 'screw-up' and try their darndest to 'deflect' the blame on to someone / something else.

Personally, at 'over-the-hill', I am long past finding 58f5a734f1d50_2091C912.GIF.bde2dc416caa1558751bc6c07612c008.GIF cute!

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

mellowred

Just took a peek at your Not1centmore seller profile 5,435 buyers happy to pay and rated positive. Go and enjoy a Latte and pay no heed to this ridiculous nonsense.

smiley-eatdrink013.gif.15014569f1a1bdec6c3cf9983e72ed8f.gif

PS: the attached thumbnail is Wayne ... drinking Koolaid

smiley-eatdrink009.jpg.1869a36ab89e474d1b4405b1c32b7bf3.jpg

Cali Craft and Gems

Okay, 739 purchases, 231 ratings listed on her "page".

Add up the R-values of only the items that have been rated and you get a spend of R30837 excluding personal offers, duplicate / multiple orders (example 10 of R50 donation to the animal organisation), and shipping. This also excludes the other 508 items that have not yet been "accounted" for...

All this in two weeks?

Either this individual is a multi-millionaire who doesn't give a hoot about spending, or he / she has hacked someones' hefty bank account or credit card, or he / she is mental! If only a third of the transactions are already over R30k, then I can only imagine the overall amount that this buyer has managed to clock up over these past two weeks! (most likely in excess of R100k excluding shipping and who in their right mind would spend that sort of money on items you have never seen - ie. online shopping?!)

This screams suspicious to me in ultra-large capital letters so I am really surprised that bidorbuy has not looked further into the matter!

If these transactions were paid via credit card, I would seriously not be shocked if these transactions were reversed in the near future - for whatever reason (fraud, etc). A couple of very expensive purchases have been made according to the ratings... watch out sellers - you could be in for a nasty fall if you've sent the items and this buyer turns out to be a fake!