Sign in to follow this  
Vegar

R 1 auctions

Vegar

I would like to send a message to sellers:

If you are going resent a buyer who wins a R 1 from you then PLEASE don't do R1 auctions!

Selling a good item for R 1 takes a bit of maturity - I know because I always have a R 1 auction on.

I just experienced a seller "punishing" me for winning - not one but TWO auctions for R 1 - by holding on to the items for as long as she could :hm:

retailrush

I agree! I never list a R1 item unless I am not 100% sure that I am happy for it to go for that price. That's what Bid or Buy is all about - someone getting a great bargain and then telling all their friends about it and hopefully attracting more people to come and try their luck on the site...

Cali Craft and Gems

I've taken the "risk" of putting high-value items on the R1 auctions and "horror of horrors" sometimes they only attract the one bid so the buyer gets it at R1! My loss, the buyers' gain, but at no stage is the buyer penalized for my risk!

No matter if the buyer gets at item at R1 or R1000 - they will still be treated the same... but perhaps if they got the item at R10k, then they would be treated differently!? (like royalty!)

The sellers' who make life difficult for buyers should be named and shamed! There are a few I've come across over the years that I've learnt to avoid with a passion!

DIY PRODUCTS
If you are going resent a buyer who wins a R 1 from you then PLEASE don't do R1 auctions!

I recently won 28 items from a seller for R 1. I followed their instructions as per 'winning email' saying BoB will calculate the shipping automatically, when I went through checkout this did not happen, I opened the item noted the shipping and it calculated to R 450, I paid over. Well.....the email that I received from this seller is one that I would not even read aloud to my dog... I wonder if they realise I have no issue to pay the R 838 in shipping that they are demanding...its now that I am so disgusted at how I was treated that I actually dont see chance to do business there at all.

ziggy2000

I also list high value items on the R1 Auctions and it is the risk you must be prepared to take - if you get the bids then thank you, if not then it should also be thank you to the winning bidder who gets a bargain. What really peeves me off is when you are the winning bidder at R1 and shortly before the auction closes, suddenly your bid is deleted and the item is removed from the auction? C'mon sellers, that is just not on, if you aren't prepared to sell it at R1, don't list it at R1!

Vegar

Perhaps BoB could post on seller's account a sort of "Code of Conduct" and those who do not adhere to the rules could be downgraded in some way - like on E-bay where the rating system affects the fee rates.

MiemsJewels
I also list high value items on the R1 Auctions and it is the risk you must be prepared to take - if you get the bids then thank you, if not then it should also be thank you to the winning bidder who gets a bargain. What really peeves me off is when you are the winning bidder at R1 and shortly before the auction closes, suddenly your bid is deleted and the item is removed from the auction? C'mon sellers, that is just not on, if you aren't prepared to sell it at R1, don't list it at R1!

Ziggy, the best is to "Name Them And Shame Them"