Sign in to follow this  
svw

Freeway Shutdown 25th April ??????

svw    10
svw

Is this a hoax or not?

If not, does anyone have a suggestion for me which will be the best alternative route to take? I have to be in Sandton at 12pm usually it only takes 3 hours from Polokwane but if the highways are shutdown? I was wondering if I take the R101 from Pretoria North and then get onto the N14 and then cut through the R511 getting to Sandton that way OR if that is going to be jampacked do I branch off at Pretoria go the very long way round via Hartebeespoort Dam getting onto the R511 from there - longer in distance but shorter in time? ..................... H E L P !:cry:

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack

I really hope it is a hoax as I have to travel from Alberton for a 9am appointment at Clearwater Mall, then on to North Riding for 11h30, Boksburg at 13h00........anyway.

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello MAJ

If you get stuck in Boksburg, come for a drink...

Regards

Jacques

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

And if you are truly diverted, you're welcome to stop with us for afternoon tea in Grahamstown!

svw    10
svw
And if you are truly diverted, you're welcome to stop with us for afternoon tea in Grahamstown!

Thanks - much appreciated Lily!

No shutdown today it was a hoax as I thought .... thankgoodness - but was listening to the radio driving back this evening and they were interviewing a chap from Cosatu and on Monday the 30th they will be driving vehicles on the highway very, very slowly - they know it is illegal but as he said who cares - it shouldn't affect traffic much anyway as a lot of people have taken that day off as the Tuesday is a holiday. I tend to agree - these toll roads are going to be an absolute nightmare!!!!!!