Sign in to follow this  
vanmaninc

Paying via Capitec Bank

vanmaninc    10
vanmaninc

hey guys quick question

is there any reason why Capitec is not listed as a South African bank in EFT payment choices?

because payments via capitec to capitec are instant :nuts: and paying from Capitec to Absa takes 1-2 days depending on which time of the day it was transfered which delays the process.

when i was with standard bank and transfered it took 10 mins to a day for the payment to be processed and suffering a bit now that im with capitec.

so is it on the cards?

qball    11
qball

Unfortunately we currently only offer the big 4. Should the demand arise for a Capitec account we will look at it, but at the moment the number of transactions does not warrant opening a Capitec account at this stage. We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

vanmaninc    10
vanmaninc

thought so :(

thanks anyway

mellowred    10
mellowred

Capitec is cheap and efficient, but does not offer a "business" account. Hope they take off quick as they really do offer good value for money.

vanmaninc    10
vanmaninc

i heard so lol

but its fine just have to be patient :toung:

Prom    10
Prom

I pay through Capitec and it usually takes less than a day so unless you pay at some strange time like a long weekend it shouldn't take so long.

Afaik Capitec does have business accounts as they have salary transfers but not the business tools to check transactions. They do have an SMS service but that may be somewhat impractical and costly. Capitec would be a great alternative as there's got to be more people using them than Investec or RMB. Will give them some nudges again to offer these.