Sign in to follow this  
GouwsA

Scott Mounts

GouwsA

Where can a person buy Scott Mounts in South Africa?

dstorm

Hello

Would like to help out here, but at the risk of making a total fool of myself, I really do not know what you are referring to.

Always ready to learn!

Regards

Jacques

GouwsA

http://www.globalstamps.com/

The URL above goes to a page with pictures to get an idea.

Basically it is a means of attaching stamps to a page without hinges plus it protects the stamp and make collections look professional[/img]

gabriel 1

Hi

I think what you are looking for is Hawid strips/mounts, scott is probably a different company. Not easy to come by and very expensive, I managed to get some from a dealer that had old stock and I paid R70 for a pack of 50 and that was just for one size. Obviously you need various sizes to accomodate all your different sized stamps unless you get the large size and then cut them. Why do you want to use these?, they are mainly used for exhibitions and there are other better ways of keeping your stamps such as stock cards etc.

Regards

Gabriel1

dstorm

Hello all

In Afrikaans we simply call them HAWID STRIPS, regardless of the company which produced them as in

“Can I please get one packet of Prinz Hawid Strips?â€

“Not in stock.â€

“OK, Hawid would do!â€

If money is no object, than the mounts are fine – a well written up collection on album pages is something to behold. Just keep in mind that you still have to pay a couple of rand for each album page.

Stockards and stockbooks are cheaper.

Regards

Jacques