Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

What Happens When...?

wayjen    10
wayjen

A Buyer asks for his/her tracking number yet according to the records has not paid yet and they send proof of payment yet BoB site says "still waiting for payment" and you have no idea where this money is, can the Buyer ask for the sale to be deleted and or give a negative because they are not receiving their article they won and it's taking forever?

mellowred    10
mellowred

Check the POP ... did they use the right ref number?

wayjen    10
wayjen

Yip looks like it but I am not sure. The ref number on our "payments received" window is the same on the POP he sent us but I cannot tell if it is a legitimate proof from a bank and the payment received window says awaiting payment.

What worries me is the Buyer can get annoyed and rate accordingly and or cancel everything and rate accordingly when it is not our fault.

mellowred    10
mellowred

Bob should be able to track it if you send the POP to them - how long has it been "waiting"? Don't forget we are in the public holiday period again - lots of people on leave and things slow down all over.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Jenny could not open the link so forwarded to me and I opened it and forwarded back to her to send to BoB, hopefully someone can make out what is going on.

Thanks mello yello.

Virgotec    10
Virgotec

Hi Wayne

I NEVER ship anything until I get confirmation from BOB that it is paid. Either on my sales page or through an e-mail from BOB. If a buyer sends me proof of payment, I wait a few days for it to reflect, if it doesn't, I query it with BOB accounts. It is too easy nowadays to forge documents.

As for the rating issue, if you can prove that the payment only reflected after x days, and your buyer has rated you negative, I'm sure BOB will remove it. And no, it is no excuse for a buyer to cancel the deal either.

Good luck, hope it gets sorted.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

When a problem arises I always find a phone call puts a buyers mind at rest.

To let the buyer know you are trying to find out what went wrong or what has delayed payment shows we care.

It also does not leave the buyer to rely on a box we sit in front of with which we do not have direct human contact except fpr emails .

Recently I rated a buyer but did not update the status as paid and 5 days went by before I realized she had paid.

I sent her an email to say I had not received payment--Nogal-- and when she sent me the proof--I saw a negative rating coming my way but when I phoned and explained what had happened she was so nice about it--Most buyers would be.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Wayne...

** wayjen has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space **

Ruthie

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

I get this often. I simply email the customer, telling them that I will contact bob to trace the payment. I then email the proof of payment to bob and copy the buyer. Shortly after I have emailed bob I call bob and ask them to trace the payment which they will do whilst you are on the phone (excellent service by the way!). Its pretty much something that can be resolved in the matter of an hour of getting the buyers proof of payment. This has happenned to me 10+ times this year and every time it gets resolved hassle free and with no inconvenience to the buyer.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Thanks all, as far as I know the missus has done that so we await a response from BoB and Buyer.

We won't ship unless payment reflects SOMEWHERE.

PM box cleared all.

wayjen    10
wayjen

On a BUY NOW how is the postage calculated? If someone wins an auction then normally postage is sent via the BoB messaging system so how does the BUY NOW work?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Buy Nows work the same way with postage, Wayne! It gets added to the order.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Who adds it because we had a BUY NOW last night and the order came through with postage added already, was this someone just adding postage themselves BEFORE we tell them how much it is like we often get on auctions?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

When I buy on "buy nows", there is a special place that fills in the seller's postage and the seller has to pay the total cost. The system then confirms the order and, if I am buying, I pay.

wayjen    10
wayjen

If I understand correctly that you as the Buyer fill in the postage but what you fill in and what the Seller is actually asking for is different then the system is flawed or won't work at all.

You can only put in a postage amount if there is a postage amount on the auction/Buy Now or the Seller gives you a postage amount, it cannot be calculated any other way.

voldermort    10
voldermort
If I understand correctly that you as the Buyer fill in the postage but what you fill in and what the Seller is actually asking for is different then the system is flawed or won't work at all.

You can only put in a postage amount if there is a postage amount on the auction/Buy Now or the Seller gives you a postage amount, it cannot be calculated any other way.

Quite right but then again as I see it anyway a Buy Now is for somebody who wants the item now & doesnt want to be bothered with bidding - thus buying/completing order/postage/paying, all in one go. This is why it would be worthwhile for you to set up postage charges on the BoB system otherwise if you have items on Buy Now & no fixed postage costs this is what is going to happen.

wayjen    10
wayjen

The Buyer was correct in the postage amount last night but there is such a fine line between an econoparcel and a bigger parcel no system will get it right. Remember that even 1mm can be the difference between a big and small parcel.

We recently sold 4 books and although they were soft cover each and all 4 were the same thickness. Now you have a choice of either one on top of each other which will make the parcels hight so much and width so much or you lay them side by side with 2 rows at the bottom and another row on top which gives you another dimension and all this is without packaging so no system or Buyer can determine price buy just visualizing an article.

voldermort    10
voldermort
The Buyer was correct in the postage amount last night but there is such a fine line between an econoparcel and a bigger parcel no system will get it right. Remember that even 1mm can be the difference between a big and small parcel.

We recently sold 4 books and although they were soft cover each and all 4 were the same thickness. Now you have a choice of either one on top of each other which will make the parcels hight so much and width so much or you lay them side by side with 2 rows at the bottom and another row on top which gives you another dimension and all this is without packaging so no system or Buyer can determine price buy just visualizing an article.

& this is the reason why when I spoke to Andy about this exact same thing he suggested to me that by postage costs for eg: books, I put R25.00 which is what I have......simply because to post one softcover book will be R20.00 (I think) so I have a bonus of R5.00 but if I sell 1 x large hardcover postage as I have it will still be R25.00 for the buyer but I will be paying R33.00 postage, so losing R8.00....but what you lose on the swings you gain on the roundabout, and as he explained you can always state eg: R25.00 for the 1st item & x amount per additional item. Sometimes you win & sometimes you lose but most times it balances itself out with these costs.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

buy nows & postage

& this is the reason why when I spoke to Andy about this exact same thing he suggested to me that by postage costs for eg: books, I put R25.00 which is what I have......simply because to post one softcover book will be R20.00 (I think) so I have a bonus of R5.00 but if I sell 1 x large hardcover postage as I have it will still be R25.00 for the buyer but I will be paying R33.00 postage, so losing R8.00....but what you lose on the swings you gain on the roundabout, and as he explained you can always state eg: R25.00 for the 1st item & x amount per additional item. Sometimes you win & sometimes you lose but most times it balances itself out with these costs.

Was reading through all the posts regarding postage on Buy nows....most of my items are buy nows so have learnt that it is easier to put in shipping charges so that it works it out automatically for the buyer. People just DON't read ! I used to say I would combine but please ask for quote first...mostly that did NOT work, so have changed to include a per additional item fee, so it works it out nicely for you....still say to contact me for a quote if buying small items, as it will be cheaper then...my reasoning is that if you take the time to read & ask, I will weigh it and it will cost you less ! I think I now have the shipping thing sorted...can be a headache until then !

wayjen    10
wayjen

We had an issue with a Buyer regarding an LP and the Buyer refused to answer our emails about a refund and I had to ask BoB to get involved and after a long song and dance we refunded the Buyer and told him to do what he likes with the record.

Today he bids on another record and I as Had dealings with the Buyer before and it was a bad Selling experience, I deleted the bid. A few minutes ago another bid comes on for the same record from the same city and they registered today (possibly clone?) and I deleted the bid again. I have had to delete the item now.

Is our blocking feature gone now as I could not find it and must I sit and watch my bids just in case this Buyer comes back?

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

You can only block a buyer if he did not pay and got a negative rating from you.

If the SNC was filed as "Both agreed to cancel" you would not be able to rate him and visa versa nor block him.

wayjen    10
wayjen

You sell an item and the person ask you how it works?

I sold an alarm clock and the buyer asked if it would wake his friend up. I put the alarm clock on and test it and it was loud enough to wake me up so today we get an email saying they (the Buyer) has got the alarm clock but can we tell him how it works.

I think this is a first.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Perhaps your buyer needs a hearing aid, Wayne? Or else perhaps his friend does?

alloway65    10
alloway65
You sell an item and the person ask you how it works?

I sold an alarm clock and the buyer asked if it would wake his friend up. I put the alarm clock on and test it and it was loud enough to wake me up so today we get an email saying they (the Buyer) has got the alarm clock but can we tell him how it works.

I think this is a first.

The buyer also has Spike Milligan humor Wayne!!! :cool:

wayjen    10
wayjen

Is that you Minnie?