Sign in to follow this  
tsongololo

Fake Barcelona chairs advertised as originals

MiemsJewels
chair.jpg.e24d24561f661f64679c2ad88a3264a7.jpg My own Barcelona chair paid 7,000 for it! Yes, and its not a lie. 7,000 cents! :blink1: Edited by MiemsJewels

MiemsJewels
Let me rephrase that :

As far as I know you are on the Alien list Andries!

lilythepink

I am not too au fait with Afrikaans but doesn't "mies" mean manure in English? :embarrest:

mellowred

Ek dink dit is "miss".

lilythepink

Oh dear. So does that mean all unmarried woman are up to sh*t?

oaks and acorns
I am not too au fait with Afrikaans but doesn't "mies" mean manure in English? :embarrest:

Nope, in afrikaans mies would mean madam... as in baas en mies (or miesies). So in safferland... married women are usually referred to as Mies.

Oh dear. So does that mean all unmarried woman are up to sh*t?

LOL!!! Dunno which hat you tried to pull that bunny out of lilythepink, but in finnish the gender changes:

Noun

mies

1. man (adult male human being)
  2. husband (married man)

And certainly the architecture of Ludwig Mies (van Rohe) is popular amongst the finnish.

svw
oh dear. So does that mean all unmarried woman are up to sh*t?

lol..................

RISadler

OK, fun stuff apart and ignoring that the chairs look like [i'm not saying], if chairs are your thing, then paying that amount seems within reason when I compare what my photography hobby chomps out of my wallet!

MsPlod
Ek dink dit is "miss".

When I was at school we had to learn an Afrikaans poem - "Stad in die mis" ("City in the mist") - always chuckled about that.

Nope, in afrikaans mies would mean madam... as in baas en mies (or miesies). So in safferland... married women are usually referred to as Mies.

LOL!!! Dunno which hat you tried to pull that bunny out of lilythepink, but in finnish the gender changes:

Noun

mies

1. man (adult male human being)
  2. husband (married man)

And certainly the architecture of Ludwig Mies (van Rohe) is popular amongst the finnish.

Finish en klaar! LOL!

svw

That's one thing that has always amused me, some of the direct English to Afrikaans translations - I still remember my one brother getting into trouble at school when he asked the afrikaans teacher what "Choose my bait" is - translation "Kies my aas"

lilythepink

When I had measles while I was in primary school, I missed a few weeks schooling.

Got back to find a test being written about "roomys" and I hadn't a clue what that was so I wrote about rhubarb! The mark I got wasn't worth remembering but it did make the teacher laugh.