Sign in to follow this  
tsongololo

Fake Barcelona chairs advertised as originals

tsongololo    10
tsongololo

I am battling to get hold of the seller JuanGazelle to delete my bid on the above Barcelona chairs. It was advertised as originals and I was even prepared to pay R10000.00 each, but after some research, they looked NOT like the originals and started to communicate with the seller. He only answered the first question and admitted that it was not the original. I have since posted another 4 messages, to ask about whether it was leather cushions, then to ask to withdraw my bid. I was considering buying them, but of course NOT at the exorbitant prices advertised as they are fakes and only if the seats were covered in leather. I said to him in my second message that I reserve the right to withdraw my bid, because they were not real. Since then ALL my messages were ignored. The bid closes tonight, so I need some urgent intervention to prevent a SNC on my side. HELP, please!

admin    0
admin

Hi tsongololo,

The seller has not logged in since the 13th when they answered your first question. Please take note that your bid does not meet the reserve price, so you are not the winner of the items.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Why only start your research AFTER you placed a bid and was happy to spend R10000.00 on a chair? Surely looking into the matter BEFORE placing a bid would have saved you and the Seller lots of hassles?

The reserve has not been met yet and I don't know how it works when bidding closes as you surely cannot be the winner and therefore you don't have to pay and the Seller cannot file an SNC against you.

If somehow you are the winning bidder and the paperwork needs to be signed then you gonna and the Seller will most likely have issues with Bob regarding authenticity etc and then payments but the Seller and or Bob can delete bids according to the rules.

tsongololo    10
tsongololo

Hi you all! The seller actually answered my first question by saying that the chairs are actually wrongly put up on the post and it is actually R10 000.00 per the pair of chairs. I did consider buying the chairs, but did not hear anything from the seller about whether the cushions are made of leather. And yes, wayjen, I SHOULD've checked it first, but was so excited about the good price for 'authentic' Barcelona chairs that I bid way before I actually thought! Have to laugh at myself as well!

wayjen    10
wayjen

We all learn by our mistakes and we will still make mistakes even after learning the hard way. If all goes well you might just get off this one.

RISadler    10
RISadler

Sorry, I have to say this ... ten grand for something to park your duff on? :wtf:

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
Sorry, I have to say this ... ten grand for something to park your duff on? :wtf:

Ek wou presies dieselde se. Sorry a bit high for me to pay R10,000 for 1 chair. I wont even pay that for 10 chairs.

:blink1:

RISadler    10
RISadler

I'm not going to say what a Barcelona chair looks like to me ... no, I won't.

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Hey!!!:blink1: Those were designed by Mies Van Der Rohe.One of the best modern Architects, and they sit like a dream.

b1.jpg.a84ee62e8ce38392131fc9c34a5ed12b.jpg

Have a cigar, less is more:blink1:

mellowred    10
mellowred

With my bum at the back of that chair I'd be very concerned about tipping over. :wtf:

RISadler    10
RISadler
One of the best modern Architects ...

Underlined word sank the dinghy for me.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

It almost looks like a skeleton to me. :thinking:

RISadler    10
RISadler
Have a cigar, less is more.

Mmmm ... looking at the current size of that cigar, how big was it if less is more?

admin    0
admin
Mmmm ... looking at the current size of that cigar, how big was it if less is more?

I think he meant with less money you could buy more chairs :whistling:

RISadler    10
RISadler

Not genuine Barcelona chairs, matey!

admin    0
admin
Not genuine Barcelona chairs, matey!

Let me rephrase that :

I think he meant with less money you could buy more other makes of chairs :whistling:

RISadler    10
RISadler

Erm, shouldn't it be either ... For more money you can buy more Barcelona chairs. Or ... For the same money you can buy more other chairs.

Oh, never mind. I'll just keep sitting on this packing crate, with the 10G's in my wallet.

admin    0
admin

Oh, never mind.

I totally agree, never mind. I will send you some sense of humor, no charge, you can only pay for postage, you are sure to get it then :toung:

RISadler    10
RISadler

Never mind the humour. Send me one of those cigars!

svw    10
svw
Hi you all! The seller actually answered my first question by saying that the chairs are actually wrongly put up on the post and it is actually R10 000.00 per the pair of chairs. I did consider buying the chairs, but did not hear anything from the seller about whether the cushions are made of leather. And yes, wayjen, I SHOULD've checked it first, but was so excited about the good price for 'authentic' Barcelona chairs that I bid way before I actually thought! Have to laugh at myself as well!

Next time when considering buying Barcelona chairs check first who the manufacturer is as "Knoll" is the only authorised manufacturer and has been since the late 1950's anything else is fake.

RISadler    10
RISadler

Knoll ... so the chairs aren't even Spanish!

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Na when it comes to cigars "less is a bore" - Robert Venturi :blink1:

(The man in the chair is Mies and his most famous quote is "less is more".)

RISadler    10
RISadler

If I remember correctly, he was German. So why does he have Dutch names? (BTW, I had an aunt named Mies.)

Well, he certainly didn't apply his most famous quote on cigars.

svw    10
svw
If I remember correctly, he was German. So why does he have Dutch names? (BTW, I had an aunt named Mies.)

Well, he certainly didn't apply his most famous quote on cigars.

It's a dutch first name and a german surname - he used his surname as his first name - born as Ludwig Mies